Domain Empire

question About "bitcoin" names

NameSilo
Watch

MariaEl

Upgraded Member
Impact
Please don't laugh at me, but I am really not familiar with the crypto-related world. I am not sure whether names that include the term "bitcoin/s" are potentially subject to legal dispute or not. On one hand, I see it has become a widely used term that is not necessarily associated with a brand or a firm sometimes, but I am not sure and I would very much appreciate if anyone could enlighten me with this regard.

Thank you in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please do not buy crypto domains if you have no experience In crypto.

What you're asking is very basic, which means there's a likelihood you'll waste precious money

I know nothing about Azerbaijan. Do you see me reg any Azerbaijan domains? Do you think it would be wise for me to do so?

I would read lots of crypto articles before buying your first crypto domain

Also bitcoin is decentralized.... how could it be TM

•••
Please do not buy crypto domains if you have no experience In crypto.

What you're asking is very basic, which means there's a likelihood you'll waste precious money

I know nothing about Azerbaijan. Do you see me reg any Azerbaijan domains? Do you think it would be wise for me to do so?

I would read lots of crypto articles before buying your first crypto domain

Also bitcoin is decentralized.... how could it be TM
Hi, @Jv1999 , thanks a lot for your kind and fair advice! Indeed, I am not planning to invest in crypto domains at present, nor do I foresee anything with that regard in the future.

The reason for my asking was as follows: a few months ago, as part of my empirical path to try and learn, I jumped to my first backorder at a certain not expensive service. It was 10 USD (not too dear but precious anyway, I agree) and I chose the name without much thinking. They caught it (it is not a good one, sure), and I just paid it and left it unfollowed, almost forgot about it.

Now that I am nearly over my beginner's initial "hand-register fever", I am starting to take action and do something about what I already acquired (my "collection"). I always avoid misspellings, marks, or brand similarities, I am not keen on squatting. Thus, when paying a second look at my bitcoin-related name, I thought I should perform "due diligence" before deciding on what to do with it.

Before posting my question, I asked BING with AI and got some useful hints. Then I searched here on NP, and on one thread a member was doubtful, so I decided to ask and received your kind answer, which is really helpful and clarifying.

Once again, a big, sincere thank you for taking time and replying to my question!

•••
One challenge for (older) domainers is that .com is not the sovereign king in Cryptoland. Companies are perfectly happy with their .io, .org, .xyz or even .fi names.

Last edited:
•••
One challenge for (older) domainers is that .com is not the sovereign king in Cryptoland. Companies are perfectly happy with their .io, .org, .xyz or even .fi names.
Exactly! This one is .xyz, previous owner/seller seems to have dropped it while holding the .com (they had both listed on DAN, I have found out recently). When I look at my name now, what I see is: the other word is related to bitcoin, more generic and quite appropriate, but the word order seems wrong. The two words together do not relate to any specific brand.

So I have thought of parking it, at Sedo for example. I never park for revenue, I prefer for-sale landers, but this domain I could use to continue my own little "sandboxing" experience. I just wanted to make sure it was safe doing so.

I haven't asked for appraisal here on NP because I feel a bit ashamed of my ignorance. Perhaps I do later, and for the time being my traffic stats will help me see better how to make the most of this name. There's still plenty of time left to think before renewal is due. I shall welcome any opinion on this particular, too.

I really appreciate your help, thank you!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back