IT.COM

question Is Affilias picking up dropped premium .io names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've been watching todays dropped .io domains and it looks like Affilias (Whois check) has scooped a couple of them up before Jo Public had a chance.

Recruiter.io

Innovators.io

Anyone else know of this happening with other .io's ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not scooped up. It has been reg reserved. Lots of good as well as silly names. Recruiter might have been backordered by a dozen odd people :)

Even Kibbutz.io was reserved couple days ago wtf
Now I see a good name on the drop and I know it is reserved.

Last edited:
•••
Not scooped up. It has been reg reserved. Lots of good as well as silly names. Recruiter might have been backordered by a dozen odd people :)

Even Kibbutz.io was reserved couple days ago wtf
Now I see a good name on the drop and I know it is reserved.

This is part of the notice on whois:

Interested in this domain? please contact
826a04b334a39e187faf36b17fb0087767e26802.png
@afilias.info

•••
actually afilias is late ;) neustar reserving since more than year for even crappy lll .biz etc

•••
There was some discussion about this on Twitter:

It's clear that NameJet got a big batch of premium-ish reserved names from Afilias to launch their .IO backorder auctions, and that Afilias has been reserving more and more dropping names in the last few months and they are all going to NameJet. It's not clear if NameJet now has exclusive first dibs on expiring .IOs or if other registrars like Park.io / Dynadot / Hexonet will still have an opportunity at those names.

@Josh R

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back