Dynadot

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

NameSilo
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, I must tell you, I have some issues with your post. I've always liked you and appreciate your posts in all threads. So please don't take this as an attack, it's just an observation and opinion. Okay, here goes:

You say: "I knew about Adam Dicker's bidding at Go Daddy, but I liked the idea of redemption."
Redemption? As far as I know (and I've been waiting) I've not seen any kind of admission that perhaps he made a mistake bidding against outside customers while an insider (VP of TDNAM auctions) at Godaddy.
His apparent arrogance and lack of soul-searching was quite telling. Only Godaddy stepped up to the plate after the wired.com article http://www.wired.com/2008/06/godaddy-vp-caug/ Redemption? I don't think so.

You say: "I am very disappointed that the major players seem to be turning a blind eye -- it's definitely a black mark on the industry.

Are they afraid of legal ramifications?"

No, they just don't care. IMHO, most probably knew about all of it anyway and just went along with the charade. Worse yet, perhaps they didn't even think it was an ethics issue! Either way, it's obvious they certainly are NOT part of the solution. They certainly can't be afraid of legal ramifications. The TRUTH is the TRUTH. Courts like the truth, and don't frown on those who use it for a defense. The facts speak for themselves.

You say: "And to think that he's still in business! That takes a lot of balls!" I don't see that. To me it means he's got nothing else going for him. How sad.

Fair enough.

I was definitely naive in my thinking...

•••
This thread is about claims by Adam's customers and employees that they've been cheated. If Adam's alleged contribution to our bottom line isn't being mentioned to garner sympathy for him, then I'm at a loss to understand how it's relevant to this thread.

To explain why many high up in the domain "industry" would have had a vested interest in not noticing or reporting the many impossible claims Adam Dicker was openly making, I pointed out earlier that his activity promoted two things that helped them, but not us: fresh registrations for registrars, and for some expensive domain resellers the belief - unproven to say the least - by clients that good domains always attract traffic and earn money, based on Dicker's untrustworthy figures. Does anyone want to step forward and say Dicker helped them by telling lies?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-adam-dicker-a-criminal-you-decide.883579/page-125#post-5086383

Let's face it, we now know influential people knew about the nichewebsites.com problems and did not tell us, allowing Dicker to take more payments for new jobs.

Silence allows abuse to flourish.

I think most of us know "free" offers are there to attract purchases - offering basic info free to gain people's interest and trust is a common strategy.

Fairly useful...? Give me a break... He used DS to promote his other businesses. He didn't care about viewers or new domainers, he was just trying to attract new customers for his web development business. His valuations were all made with that in mind. How many times have you heard him saying... "that's a great domain, it's a business in a box... give me a call and I will transform that domain into a successful business netting thousands of dollars each month". His speech didn't change even if talking about crappy names. So, if you ask me whether I'm gonna miss his videos... my answer is no.

Last edited:
•••
Revoke all titles & strip all his awards

•••
I signed off this thread at Page 60 and it's still live at page 126. Good God !! Just how much loss and heartburn a single scamster has caused to hundreds of people.

The "first" best thing, as @BUL suggests right above, would be to strip the Dicky Dicker of all his awards and titles by the "domaining" organizations.

The "second" best thing, which is already being worked on by Shane at the moment, would be to let him have a taste of legal repercussions of his scams. Since the GoFundMe campaign may take a while to raise the necessary money for a lawyer, personal legal action by some of better equipped "aggrieved ones" would be highly praiseworthy, even at a little personal monetary loss !!

•••
I signed off this thread at Page 60 and it's still live at page 126. Good God !! Just how much loss and heartburn a single scamster has caused to hundreds of people.

The "first" best thing, as @BUL suggests right above, would be to strip the Dicky Dicker of all his awards and titles by the "domaining" organizations.

The "second" best thing, which is already being worked on by Shane at the moment, would be to let him have a taste of legal repercussions of his scams. Since the GoFundMe campaign may take a while to raise the necessary money for a lawyer, personal legal action by some of better equipped "aggrieved ones" would be highly praiseworthy, even at a little personal monetary loss !!

I have an appointment with a lawyer today. Will know more later tonight.

•••
Paypal Dispute Over. I have been refunded.

•••
Thank you Shane,for all of this. I hope the others can receive the money they are entitled to as well.
It just sucks it had to come with a drawn out 2 week fist to cuff dispute with screenshots from both of us,relays back and forth,instead of the initial simple "Sure,email me at A.Dcg@com to make this right" followed by quick solution like 95% of businesses do.
Thank you all for the pages of support as well. I seriously hope the $3k,$5k purchasers have a positive resolution no matter how long..
Mindblowing this entire thing is.

•••
•••
•••
I need everyone who donated to the GoFundMe.com campaign to contact me.

•••
Well I got the letter from Adam's attorney and If I don't meet his demands or mess up with the particulars of his demands then I am opening up a "Breach Of Contract" against me! ...this is priceless! Breach of contract, oh my God !! I want Woody Harrelson to play my part in the movie.

•••
Well I got the letter from Adam's attorney and If I don't meet his demands or mess up with the particulars of his demands then I am opening up a "Breach Of Contract" against me! ...this is priceless! Breach of contract, oh my God !! I want Woody Harrelson to play my part in the movie.

And what are the demands? That you cease talking about your work contracted to his son?

Remembering the time when Adam's son Jordan whom was working on my project asked me for more money! This was after they produced awful foreign sounding text on my sites. I had written them numerous times pointing out their mistakes. Jordan the little Dicker is following proudly in his fathers foot steps. I also told Chuck Fleming whom also was working on my project that there was a virus on my sites. The virus would lock up your screen and give you a Tech support number to call. I told Chuck that all 10 of my sites were infected. He wrote back saying all were fixed but a quick check proved that the virus was still there. Now who could have been the recipient of such nefarious placement? Adam and I talk often and he said I'll be paid right after Lynda but I'm not holding my breath.

•••
Paypal Decided the Dispute in my favor Domainesque

Glad my contributions to this thread helped at least one person B-)

(I think you were the person I told to open a chargeback due to being within the timeframe, unless that was somebody else?)

•••
And what are the demands? That you cease talking about your work contracted to his son?
It has nothing to do with his son. It's about removing my voice from this and another blog to Adam's liking which seems vague and opens me up to a lawsuit. I'm new to blogging and don't feel confidant enough to meet his demands. I do like the camaraderie here and have made many friends with excellent advice not to mention the added testimony of others taken by bad work, failed completions and myriad other problems like the virus on my 10 websites. There's a silent gathering of victims that may join forces and get proper representation.

•••
It has nothing to do with his son. It's about removing my voice from this and another blog to Adam's liking which seems vague and opens me up to a lawsuit. I'm new to blogging and don't feel confidant enough to meet his demands. I do like the camaraderie here and have made many friends with excellent advice not to mention the added testimony of others taken by bad work, failed completions and myriad other problems like the virus on my 10 websites. There's a silent gathering of victims that may join forces and get proper representation.

I find the above a bit confusing.

Are you saying that in order to receive your refund you have to agree to something which if you subsequently don't comply with leaves you open to liability?

So for example, he will refund you if you promise not to post a single other post on this thread or on blog comments, but if you do then post on the topic you have breached the agreement and can be sued.

Or are you saying that you need to commit to the removal of some posts in order to receive a refund?

The former is risky, because you'd only be a rush of blood to the head or a few beers away from breaching the agreement.

The latter may not even be technical possible, removal of posts would be subject to third party agreement.

•••
I find the above a bit confusing.

Are you saying that in order to receive your refund you have to agree to something which if you subsequently don't comply with leaves you open to liability?

So for example, he will refund you if you promise not to post a single other post on this thread or on blog comments, but if you do then post on the topic you have breached the agreement and can be sued.

Or are you saying that you need to commit to the removal of some posts in order to receive a refund?

The former is risky, because you'd only be a rush of blood to the head or a few beers away from breaching the agreement.

The latter may not even be technical possible, removal of posts would be subject to third party agreement.
There's too many loose ends for me to commit. I won't open myself up to retribution for something I have no control of. Others in my situation should heed these caveats.

•••
There's too many loose ends for me to commit. I won't open myself up to retribution for something I have no control of. Others in my situation should heed these caveats.

You can't amend a contract to add provisions after the fact. No one can force you to remove a Yelp / ebay / Amazon comment even if you've received a refund. You could amend your comment of your own volition or Adam could state that he resolved the issue (countering the comment) but it's not ever going to be a condition that someone can add .... to what should be an enforceable contract somewhere?

In most states, refund / cancellation policies have to be stated explicitly and are not be implied (have a look - most sites have them clearly outlined).

What most people seem to want is not actually a refund but actually to be compensated for a breach of contract (assuming there is one) and that's a different kettle of fish.

(imho and IANAL)

•••
Never mind this; I didn't realize that I was at the beginning of the thread.

•••
I have not read all the posts and maybe missed this but what about the 2 "Dutchies" who worked with Adam?
Have they made a comment or are they are keeping quiet.
Rick Wedzinga
and
Marc van Waasbergen

•••
I have not read all the posts and maybe missed this but what about the 2 "Dutchies" who worked with Adam?
Have they made a comment or are they are keeping quiet.
Rick Wedzinga
and
Marc van Waasbergen
Good question. They haven't posted in this thread as far as I know, unless it was under another name. But both were VPs or some kind of partners in the webcorp.ca project - it has shut its website since this thread started but maybe it is in stealth mode. What was Webcorp set up to do and did people invest money in it? Did it send customers to nichewebsites.com and dcg.com to buy expensive Wordpress installs?

Rick Wedzinga says he wants to go live in the Carribean:
http://www.rickwedzinga.com/my-mission/
I live in the Netherlands, in the city of Gouda. The plan is to be able to move to one of the Caribbean Islands to enjoy the nice weather and even nicer people.
2015 is the year of the big changes.

According to the Webcorp.ca cached webpage Marc van Waasbergen is a VP there - notice how it says Webcorp LLC but checking company registrations in Canada has found no such company:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QPOAclr6cWEJ:webcorp.ca/teamx/+&cd=8&hl=en
Marc van Waasbergen
Webcorp LLC.
Vice President
Rotterdam Area, Netherlands

At the beginning of Webcorp, Marc van Waasbergen (May 1970) had already build up a long and impressive international career. He worked for many years at ASM international as a Technical Project Manager and later as Product Manager. At ASM International, he was responsible for the development of a production facility in China and in Singapore. During those years he worked closely with partners in the USA, Singapore and China.
After this international career, he worked for a few years as a product manager with Imtech; however working internationally had never left his heart. This was the reason that he started in 2011 as a domain broker with his own company; Domain Broker International. During this time he came into contact with Adam Dicker. Meanwhile he also began his national company Effipreneur, consulting and training Dutch professionals in the finesse of Online Marketing and Social Media.
Being a strong analytical manager, with a high dedication to make projects work, Marc was involved in the startup of Webcorp. No matter how many hours are needed or how much data needs to be processed, Marc makes sure that the strategic roadmap is corresponding with the strategic data and absorbed with the team members. No matter what time zone the involved team members are working in, Marc is available to manage and guide them towards the forecasted results.

I'm not sure who would want to be publicly linked to Dicker now with all the allegations of scams, and the whole mugshots.com extortion racket that was linked to criminal elements and actual crime. But Dicker still has an empty page on DomainSherpa that turns up in Google.

Are these people going to publicly cut their ties to Adam Dicker?

Last edited:
•••
Good question. They haven't posted in this thread as far as I know, unless it was under another name. But both were VPs or some kind of partners in the webcorp.ca project - it has shut its website since this thread started but maybe it is in stealth mode. What was Webcorp set up to do and did people invest money in it? Did it send customers to nichewebsites.com and dcg.com to buy expensive Wordpress installs?

Rick Wedzinga says he wants to go live in the Carribean:
http://www.rickwedzinga.com/my-mission/

According to the Webcorp.ca cached webpage Marc van Waasbergen is a VP there - notice how it says Webcorp LLC but checking company registrations in Canada has found no such company:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QPOAclr6cWEJ:webcorp.ca/teamx/+&cd=8&hl=en

I'm not sure who would want to be publicly linked to Dicker now with all the allegations of scams, and the whole mugshots.com extortion racket that was linked to criminal elements and actual crime. But Dicker still has an empty page on DomainSherpa that turns up in Google.

Are these people going to publicly cut their ties to Adam Dicker?
All the people working on my websites had email address's like [email protected]
I still have all correspondence.

•••
I still have all correspondence.
Well hang onto it as there seems to be a game of hide-and-seek going on.

First nichewebsites.com site disappeared, then it put its products on dcg.com, but it is now back in business, or trying to be, which could be expensive.

https://nichewebsites.com/product/niche-website/

Niche Website

$499.00

This package includes:

Complete custom design and development of the website.

5 pages of content

Google Adsense

Google Analytics

See below for a complete description of the add-ons available

Well for starters that very likely violates the Adsense TOS, leading to instant Adsense ban and loss of any unpaid Adsense earnings:
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/48182?hl=en
AdSense publishers may not display Google ads on web pages with content protected by copyright law unless they have the necessary legal rights to display that content.
Avoid "doorway" pages created just for search engines or other "cookie cutter" approaches such as affiliate programmes with little or no original content.

Nichewebsites.com's own TOS do not mention refunds or deposits or deadlines afaik https://nichewebsites.com/terms-of-service/

But if you want to risk enhancing your purchase, you can add Diamond SEO for £1499 and 100 pages of "content" for $1499. What if you add all the available extras? The price of your nichewebstes.com site goes from $499.00 to $5,841.00

Last edited:
•••
I have something to add to this thread that I believe is important.

In 2012, when I was searching LLLL .com on Go Daddy auctions, filtering search results for only closeout and expiring domains, I noticed an anomaly on the search results:

Several LLLL .com's being offered as "expired" auctions with a starting price of $28.

I thought this was odd, given that these listings did not follow the typical cycle of $12 (expiring), 11, 10, 9, 8, and 5 (closeouts), so I did a Whois check on these domains:

All were owned by Adam Dicker. Some of these domains were close to expiration, some were actually expired, and some weren't even registered at Go Daddy (???).

I thought this must be a glitch, so I emailed support about it. After all, when one filters for certain parameters, one wants it to work properly and not get a bunch of unwanted results.

I received some wishy-washy answer about how these were expired domains (some were and some weren't).

So then I questioned why someone, another member, was enjoying this perk. I never did get a good answer.

At the time, I MAY have posted here about this, but I don't remember. I'll do a search and let you know.

This "anomaly" suggests two possibilities:

1. AD, although no longer a Go Daddy employee, still had some knowledge of and/or access to Go Daddy systems.

2. A friend at Go Daddy (insider) was manipulating the search results in his favor.​

I'm revealing this because it certainly adds to the growing evidence against AD.

•••
I have something to add to this thread that I believe is important.

In 2012, when I was searching LLLL .com on Go Daddy auctions, filtering search results for only closeout and expiring domains, I noticed an anomaly on the search results:

Several LLLL .com's being offered as "expired" auctions with a starting price of $28.

I thought this was odd, given that these listings did not follow the typical cycle of $12 (expiring), 11, 10, 9, 8, and 5 (closeouts), so I did a Whois check on these domains:

All were owned by Adam Dicker. Some of these domains were close to expiration, some were actually expired, and some weren't even registered at Go Daddy (???).

I thought this must be a glitch, so I emailed support about it. After all, when one filters for certain parameters, one wants it to work properly and not get a bunch of unwanted results.

I received some wishy-washy answer about how these were expired domains (some were and some weren't).

So then I questioned why someone, another member, was enjoying this perk. I never did get a good answer.

At the time, I MAY have posted here about this, but I don't remember. I'll do a search and let you know.

This "anomaly" suggests two possibilities:

1. AD, although no longer a Go Daddy employee, still had some knowledge of and/or access to Go Daddy systems.

2. A friend at Go Daddy (insider) was manipulating the search results in his favor.​

I'm revealing this because it certainly adds to the growing evidence against AD.

There was a point when GD started listing expiring domains from other registrars for auction at the $28 start price. Right this minute, I can't remember which registrars were involved ( moniker? ), but I don't think this was a special privilege being granted to AD. I'd guess that he probably wasn't making any money on it at all.

•••
There was a point when GD started listing expiring domains from other registrars for auction at the $28 start price. Right this minute, I can't remember which registrars were involved ( moniker? ), but I don't think this was a special privilege being granted to AD. I'd guess that he probably wasn't making any money on it at all.

Right, I think it was Moniker. It was related to Snapnames in some way.

•••
Back