IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They can only submit an extradition request, which the alleged perpetrator will then be able to contest in their own countries courts. There is a lot of precedent of extradition requests being refused and subsequently the prosecution of the defendant being carried out by their own countries authorities, if indeed their activities constitute a crime in their own country.

Plus there are many countries which have no extradition treaty and no intelligence sharing at all with the US, including many in South America. There are things which are illegal in the US which aren't even illegal in other countries, and if the crime wasn't carried out on US soil or using US servers then the home country would not extradite as no crime has been committed.

The FBI could not board a flight in New York, knock on my door in the UK, arrest me, and take me home on their plane. That would effectively be an illegal kidnapping. They would need to submit an extradition request to the UK government, who would decide whether it was a valid request, I'd have to be arrested by a UK police officer, then I'd get the opportunity to fight that extradition request in a UK court, where I could try to argue that I'd broken no UK laws and not carried out any US crime on US soil. If I could successfully argue that then no extradition would occur.

Which is precisely what I meant when I said that people should not talk about a US law enforcement agency being a global authority, what disinformation am I spreading? If I said that the National Crime Agency (UK equivalent) had no jurisdiction over you, would you dispute that? They'd have to do exactly the same, submit an extradition request to the US government, they could only prosecute you once you are on UK soil, and Amanda Knox is showing that no US citizen is going to comply with one of those from a European country without a fight.... Italy are trying to extradite her.

You're mistaken. Here is the relevant link:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/international_operations/overview

"The foundation of the FBI’s international program is the International Operations Division and the legal attaché, or “legat,” each of whom is the Director's personal representative in the foreign country in which he/she resides or for which he/she has regional responsibilities. FBI personnel abroad serve under the authority of the Department of State, chief of mission at United States Embassies, at the pleasure of Ambassadors and host country governments. Their core mission is to establish and maintain liaison with principal law enforcement and security services in designated foreign countries. This liaison enables the FBI to effectively and expeditiously conduct its responsibilities in combating international terrorism, organized crime, cyber crime, and general criminal matters."

•••

"The foundation of the FBI’s international program is the International Operations Division and the legal attaché, or “legat,” each of whom is the Director's personal representative in the foreign country in which he/she resides or for which he/she has regional responsibilities. FBI personnel abroad serve under the authority of the Department of State, chief of mission at United States Embassies, at the pleasure of Ambassadors and host country governments. Their core mission is to establish and maintain liaison with principal law enforcement and security services in designated foreign countries. This liaison enables the FBI to effectively and expeditiously conduct its responsibilities in combating international terrorism, organized crime, cyber crime, and general criminal matters."

Don't bother with him. His tactic is deflection of attention from the real topic at hand and making you go off tangent with trying to correct him on these false statements.

•••
•••
Also.... am I the only one who has considered the fact that the former employees who started all of this have basically messed up their own CV?

They have "Vice President" at "Web Corp" on their CV.

Which prior to this thread would have looked very impressive, when the CEO was highly respected, especially if he were to start claiming that it was making hundreds of thousands of dollars a month.

Now that everybody knows that "Web Corp" is a junk corp with zero money and zero success, and that the CEO's stock has fallen significantly, and that most of their employment was unpaid, their CV has been devalued significantly, to the degree that they'd be just as well off writing "unemployed".

Last edited:
•••
On topic (of course) - Adam, you seem at times both contrite and humble, and then as easily you rear arrogance and deflection. I'm sure this isn't comfortable being here taking your lumps, so to speak, and maybe you're too far up the hierarchy to understand the thoughts and perspectives of smaller scale domainers.

I will honestly say - and I say it as viewpoint and not judgement - I do not for a moment think you're here out of empathy or of your own volition. It is becoming obvious that this is castor oil for you, and only a necessity to cut bait and buy out your recently downgraded name. Nothing wrong with that, of course. It's not akin to paying damages or fines for, oh lets say theft of services as an example - but not unlike a promotional move by a company that has tarnished its brand.

You're a brand and doing what you need to do to salvage it. That's cool - I just hope people realize that likelihood, and keep it in mind when reading your continued posts about it.

It doesn't seem to have occurred to anyone else that it might not be that this thread has made Adam face up to his responsibilities so much as it has made it possible for him to do so.

•••
No ads appeared for me, nor did this thread til half way down page 2. Not seeing your blog anywhere either.

Weird. When I googled it on a school computer Domain Name Wire was in position 3 and my blog was on page 2.

Must be dancing right now.

•••
Weird. When I googled it on a school computer Domain Name Wire was in position 3 and my blog was on page 2.

Must be dancing right now.

Will clear my cache and check from a different browser if that makes a difference

•••
Will clear my cache and check from a different browser if that makes a difference

It's all good. Just thought it was interesting to see DNW rank so quickly and so high.

•••

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/international_operations/overview

I can 100% guarantee that an FBI agent could not knock on my door right now and arrest me, that would be against international law.

•••
I'm expecting a similar thread about the people involved with NamesCON

•••
•••
•••
•••
I am not mistaken, I can 100% guarantee that an FBI agent could not knock on my door right now and arrest me, that would be against international law. They would still need an extradition request approved, and the arrest would have to be carried out by a UK officer. Sorry but that's fact.

Yes, but that's not the point. The relevant question is whether or not the FBI can do anything about a complaint against a party located on foreign soil. The answer to that question is a definite yes. How they do it, is besides the point. Nobody here claimed that the FBI would fly to Canada and arrest Adam so I'm not sure why it needed to be pointed out that they couldn't.

•••
•••
Some guys here have no hearts.
They can write or reply anything just because they will be paid.

•••
•••
Yes, but that's not the point. The relevant question is whether or not the FBI can do anything about a complaint against a party located on foreign soil. The answer to that question is a definite yes. How they do it, is besides the point. Nobody here claimed that the FBI would fly to Canada and arrest Adam so I'm not sure why it needed to be pointed out that they couldn't.

Yes, people can complain to the FBI if they want.

But are you seriously suggesting that they should?

"I'm reporting somebody charging me $1500 for a wordpress site, which I later found out I could have got for $80 from a Filipino on Upwork.com".

Or....

"I'm reporting somebody who didn't pay me for lots of work I did for him, even though I had no employment contract and hadn't arranged a salary".

Talk of the FBI is just frankly ludicrous. There are several people arguing with me about whether the FBI could take action against a Canadian.

That's a bit premature, don't you think? Don't we first need to ascertain whether there has even been a federal crime committed? They'd have to have an entire department dedicated to the Warrior Forum if exaggeration and over-inflated RRP's were an FBI issue.

Adam Dicker has been shown up as manipulative and a liar, he has wasted peoples time and overcharged for woefully inadequate services. That makes him a crummy business partner.

Also I think his victims also need to take some responsibility for their utter naivety and chalk this off as a valuable life lesson, rather than continue to waste their time an energy pursuing an agenda (other than informing and educating others, which they have already successfully achieved).

Those talking about Bernie Madoff and the FBI are guilty of some of the things Dicker was doing, such as massively exaggerating and making empty threats.

•••
Yes, people can complain to the FBI if they want.

But are you seriously suggesting that they should?

"I'm reporting somebody charging me $1500 for a wordpress site, which I later found out I could have got for $80 from a Filipino on Upwork.com".

Or....

"I'm reporting somebody who didn't pay me for lots of work I did for him, even though I had no employment contract and hadn't arranged a salary".

Talk of the FBI is just frankly ludicrous. There are several people arguing with me about whether the FBI could take action against a Canadian.

That's a bit premature, don't you think? Don't we first need to ascertain whether there has even been a federal crime committed? They'd have to have an entire department dedicated to the Warrior Forum if exaggeration and over-inflated RRP's were an FBI issue.

Adam Dicker has been shown up as manipulative and a liar, he has wasted peoples time and overcharged for woefully inadequate services. That makes him a crummy business partner.

Also I think his victims also need to take some responsibility for their utter naivety and chalk this off as a valuable life lesson, rather than waste their time an energy pursuing an agenda (other than informing and educating others, which they have already successfully achieved).

Having money in bank and saying he has no money and refuse to pay his employees is a crime.

•••

Do you really think that this is a fair representation of the complaints?

•••
Is the worst thing for the Domain Industry really other domainers? After reading this thread I would say No. We all know what is bad for this industry and it's been talked about for the past 45 pages.

I like how you mention you will be setting up a special section for newbies at DNF. How convenient.

[youtube]

•••
Q: Do you have a definition of Internet crime that I can refer to?

Internet crime is defined as any illegal activity involving one or more components of the Internet, such as websites, chat rooms, and/or email. Internet crime involves the use of the Internet to communicate false or fraudulent representations to consumers. These crimes may include, but are not limited to, advance-fee schemes, non-delivery of goods or services, computer hacking, or employment/business opportunity schemes.

•••
Do you really think that this is a fair representation of the complaints?

Do you really think that people should be complaining to the FBI?

•••
It is not a simple "late pay".
It is Having money in bank and saying he has no money and refuse to pay his employees.

•••
It not was a simple "late pay".
It is Having money in bank and saying he has no money and refuse to pay his employees.

If you are really advocating that somebody files an FBI complaint because their salary was delayed, even though it has since been paid, then don't EVER complain about having to pay high taxes, because somebody has to pay for that, and don't EVER complain if you are the victim of a serious crime and the authorities don't have the resources to properly investigate your complaint.

Look, Adam Dicker is a jerk, that much has already been determined. Talk of reporting this to the FBI is just plain stupid.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back