Domain Empire

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

NameSilo
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First, let me say I joined this forum after reading this thread yesterday. It just breaks my heart to read all the accounts of fraud and lies. If someone promises things like money or services in exchange for your work or money and fails to deliver on those promises that's not overpromising and underdelivering. It is fraud and theft. Those are crimes and should be reported so that other people in the future do not have to go through all of this.

This is directly from the FBI's Internet Crime FAQ:

Q: Do you have a definition of Internet crime that I can refer to?

Internet crime is defined as any illegal activity involving one or more components of the Internet, such as websites, chat rooms, and/or email. Internet crime involves the use of the Internet to communicate false or fraudulent representations to consumers. These crimes may include, but are not limited to, advance-fee schemes, non-delivery of goods or services, computer hacking, or employment/business opportunity schemes.

Just google "FBI internet crime faq". The very first link will take you there. My account won't let me post links yet.

You can file a complaint with the FBI Internet Crime division there too.

You don't need a lawyer to go after cybercriminals. Let the FBI do its job.

I feel sorry for any victims who left the domaining community. How would they know that they can now get the money they are owed? I'm sure they are not googling his name daily.

We have the definition for Internet Crime. Anyone or @equity78 please provide the actual definition of fraud. That will help answer the original question: "Is Adam Dicker a criminal?" so "we" can finally answer the question.

Unfortunately we don't have all the facts to accurately decide because some people cannot say everything because they are still under threats of litigation:
I have no intentions of chasing anyone for an NDA infraction at this time.

Whether it's the FBI or FTC or any other entity, regardless of jurisdiction they do help educate the public to prevent other's from falling for the same thing. Here's the information from the FTC.gov (Federal Trade Commission to protect American consumers) website:

The earnings claim statement
What if the seller makes a claim about how much money a person can earn? Under the Rule, they have to give you a separate document that says in big type across the top: EARNINGS CLAIM STATEMENT REQUIRED BY LAW.

This document has to include:
    • the name of the person making the claim and the date;
    • the specifics of the claim;
    • the start and end date those earnings were achieved;
    • the number and percentage of people who got those results or better;
    • any information about those people that may differ from you – for example, the part of the country where they live; and
    • a statement that you can get written proof of the seller's earning claims if you ask for it.
Since the Rule gives you the right to see written proof for the seller's earnings claims, savvy buyers exercise that right and study those materials carefully. Compare that information to what the seller has told you about how much money people make. If the dollar amounts don't line up, your best bet is to walk away. Like the disclosure document, the earnings claim statement has to be in the same language that the seller used to communicate with you.

Misleading claims
The revised Business Opportunity Rule spells out that certain practices are against the law. For example:
    • It's illegal for bizopp sellers to say anything that contradicts what's in their disclosure document and earnings statement.
    • Under the Rule, sellers can't claim they're offering you a job when they're really promoting a business opportunity.
    • The Rule makes it illegal for sellers to misrepresent the nature of the investment – for example, to claim they'll help you line up locations, outlets, accounts, or customers or that you'll have an exclusive territory if it's not true.
The revised Rule puts new protections in place for prospective buyers. But for added protection, take the time to find out what the Rule requires of sellers. Did they give you the disclosure document with the five key pieces of information? If they made earnings claims, did they give you a separate statement with the specifics? If you spot a seller who isn't complying with the law, it's a red flag: You could be in the cross hairs of a bizopp scammer.

What else can you do to add an extra layer of protection? Before you buy a business opportunity:
    • Study the disclosure document, the earnings claim statement, and the proposed contract.
    • Insist on seeing proof in writing for earnings claims, including statements like "Earn up to $10,000 a month!" Phrases like "up to" aren't a way out for the seller. It's an earning claim and it's your right to demand proof.
    • Interview current owners of the seller's business opportunity. Ask the tough questions – like if the information in the disclosure document matches their experience with the company.
    • Listen to sales presentations with a critical ear. They are – of course – trying to sell you something.
    • If a seller doesn't give you the information you know they have to provide, walk away.
    • Consider getting professional advice. Ask a lawyer, accountant, or business advisor to read the paperwork before you sign.
    • Check out the seller with your local consumer protection agency, state Attorney General's Office, and the Better Business Bureau. Do a few internet searches by entering the company's name and "complaint" or "scam." You could get an eyeful. But be wary: No complaints doesn't necessarily mean the company is legitimate. And scammers have been known to post phony testimonials online.
Report Possible Fraud
If you suspect a bizopp seller is fraudulent, report it to:
    • The state attorney general's office both where you live and where the business opportunity promoter is based.
    • Your county or state consumer protection agency. Check the blue pages of the phone book under county and state government.
    • The Better Business Bureau in your area and the area where the seller is based.
    • The FTC. File a complaint online at ftc.gov or call toll-free 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357).
The FTC works to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop and avoid them. To file a complaint or get free information on consumer issues, visit ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. Watch a video, How to File a Complaint, to learn more. The FTC enters consumer complaints into the Consumer Sentinel Network, a secure online database and investigative tool used by hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.

•••
Ok, Anyone with any complaints can email me at [email protected] and they will be dealt with promptly.
Other than that I am done with this thread as there is nothing else I can do except deal with real issues.

•••
Do you really think that people should be complaining to the FBI?

I guess you're dodging my question because you agree that that was a mischaracterization.

Quite frankly, I'm struggling to understand your perspective. At first you were disagreeing that the FBI should be contacted because you claimed that they lacked the authority to do anything. The implication was, that the right people to contact are the Canadian authorities. Then it became about how the FBI can't board a plane, etc.. Now, finally, it's about these cases not being serious enough to warrant a complaint and you use a total mischaracterization of these complaints to make your argument.

Imagine being Lanny or one of the others and reading how you've summarized their claims and made them look silly after everything they've been put through. Do you really feel right about doing that just to avoid acknowledging a mistake? My impression of you is that you're better than that.

•••
I feel sorry for any victims who left the domaining community. How would they know that they can now get the money they are owed? I'm sure they are not googling his name daily.

We have the definition for Internet Crime. Anyone or @equity78 please provide the actual definition of fraud. That will help answer the original question: "Is Adam Dicker a criminal?" so "we" can finally answer the question.

Unfortunately we don't have all the facts to accurately decide because some people cannot say everything because they are still under threats of litigation:

Whether it's the FBI or FTC or any other entity, regardless of jurisdiction they do help educate the public to prevent other's from falling for the same thing. Here's the information from the FTC.gov (Federal Trade Commission to protect American consumers) website:

I believe filing a complaint with the FBI Internet Crime division will take care of the fraud question as they will recruit any other government agency that they deem necessary. The FBI will determine if this merits further investigation. You cost them nothing with your complaint. Don't let that poster convince you you are wasting their time. They know what they can go after and what they can't. Let them decide.

•••
One thing just in my worthless opinion, that I think you should do Adam is to make it clear you are not pursuing and will not pursue in the future any legal actions for those coming forth that tell their story of being owed money or feel like they worked without proper compensation. That way that issue cannot be bandied about open to speculation.

•••
I guess you're dodging my question because you agree that that was a mischaracterization.

Quite frankly, I'm struggling to understand your perspective. At first you were disagreeing that the FBI should be contacted because you claimed that they lacked the authority to do anything. The implication was, that the right people to contact are the Canadian authorities. Then it became about how the FBI can't board a plane, etc.. Now, finally, it's about these cases not being serious enough to warrant a complaint and you use a total mischaracterization of these complaints to make your argument.

Imagine being Lanny or one of the others and reading how you've summarized their claims and made them look silly after everything they've been put through. Do you really feel right about doing that just to avoid acknowledging a mistake? My impression of you is that you're better than that.

I think that 46+ page thread dedicated entirely to how much of a jerk Adam Dicker has been is a rather fitting punishment for his actions, considering the internet is his domain and how much he cares about his online reputation and the reputation business in general. The reputation of a self-proclaimed reputation management expert lies in tatters, its a fitting end.

I do think that this lynch mob baying for the ultimate revenge has started to get a little bit out of control though. Adam Dicker is guilty of gross exaggeration, living in a bit of a fantasy land and overcharging people. His reputation has been severely damaged, justifiably.

Comparisons with Bernie Madoff, mentions of the FBI, and the emergence of a particularly vicious anonymous user who seems to be baying for blood, is taking things too far. If you support things going quite that far then honestly, my impression of you was better than that too.

Most of the criticisms of Adam Dicker seem to be that he is a fantasist, manipulative, at times threatening, and a general unsavoury character. Now we are seeing the exact same traits being displayed from some other individuals sitting on the other side of the fence. Particularly this anonymous user who has appeared, who I'd like to think the mods would do an IP check on for multiple accounts.

I've also seen the phrase "ruined my life" being used quite a bit. That's hyperbole too. A crack cocaine habit ruins a life, an affair ruins a life, stepping on a land mine ruins a life. Not really seen many convincing arguments that a life has been ruined, Beezy presented the only half serious one I've seen and Adam Dicker wasn't the perpetrator.

It appears that the agenda has progressed somewhat. It started with people wanting the industry to know the truth about Adam Dicker and for his 'victims' to be made good. Now that those objectives have been achieved the bar has been raised, now the objective seems to be to try and leave Adam Dicker in jail, destitute or dead. Not sure that punishment would fit the crime. Its going too far and people are getting far too intense.

I genuinely feel sorry for some of his victims, primarily the two employees who have shared their story. They have had their platform to air their grievances, people have given them support, they've got what was owed to them, even if they had to put a fight up for it, they've done everybody a service by going public and helping others avoid the same misfortune. But they have their health and the rest of their lives to look forward to, and they can move on with some valuable life lessons having been learnt. They even got an apology, even if it were a half-hearted and begrudging one. Adam Dicker has confirmed that he isn't going to hold them to their NDA's.

Whether they carry on the rest of their life with a big chip on their shoulder or get over it and move on is their own prerogative.

What more do they want or need exactly? Is there anything else they need?

Perhaps Adam Dicker could reiterate once more that he isn't going to pursue a legal avenue for NDA, once he's done that, what else do they want?

Last edited:
•••
Ok, Anyone with any complaints can email me at [email protected] and they will be dealt with promptly.
Other than that I am done with this thread as there is nothing else I can do except deal with real issues.

Let's give @Adam Dicker some time to address/concede/refute all the allegations from the blog... but not too long.

@Adam Dicker, do you think all allegations from the blog at least should be addressed?

Not addressing only leads to more speculation, and feeds people the impression that all that were said there are the truth. Unless you don't mind that.

Last edited:
•••
All this talk of the FBI - I suspect they, as well as the CIA, NSA, RCMP, and maybe even the KGB already have this on their radar. See that white van with the tinted windows parked across the street?

•••
@Adam Dicker, do you think all allegations from the blog at least should be addressed?

Yes definitely, that's why I gave my email out to resolve them.
But not in front of a few people that are turning this into a lynch mob rather than wanting to actually help people.

•••
Yes definitely, that's why I gave my email out to resolve them.
But not in front of a few people that are turning this into a lynch mob rather than wanting to actually help people.

You want to help people? Where was that before the story broke? You are repaying people either because you want to try to save what's left of your reputation or you are trying to avoid potential legal actions against you. Don't slither in here and act like you care or you're doing a good deed. Your actions now are self-serving just like your actions throughout the course of these issues were self-serving. You care about you and that's it. So yes, get lost because we don't need people like you around.

I advise everyone to spread the link to this thread around the domain blog comment sections, other forums, wherever, etc... to get this thread bumped up in the Google results so that if anyone in the future wants to do business with him they see his actions from the past.

•••
All this talk of the FBI - I suspect they, as well as the CIA, NSA, RCMP, and maybe even the KGB already have this on their radar. See that white van with the tinted windows parked across the street?

I find your remarks insulting and insensitive to any participants here who have been defrauded, who might be inclined to take your post as though it came from someone savvy.

•••
One thing just in my worthless opinion, that I think you should do Adam is to make it clear you are not pursuing and will not pursue in the future any legal actions for those coming forth that tell their story of being owed money or feel like they worked without proper compensation. That way that issue cannot be bandied about open to speculation.

Exactly my intent 50 pages ago...
But all this talk about fbi, kgb, cia and ufo"s is only distracting from the "Progress" already made and is ongoing...

If half this effort is made to helping those who were effected by this ordeal the whole community would heal faster.

Last edited:
•••
Wrong, It's not where the perpetrator operates but where the victims live. Please stop spreading false statements.

Q: Should I file a complaint if I received an offer from someone in another country to purchase an item I have listed on the Internet with payment being made in the form of a cashier's check in excess of the asking price?

If you believe you are the victim of an Internet crime, or if you are aware of an attempted crime, you can file a complaint on our website. Be sure to include as much information as possible about yourself (i.e. name, email address, mailing address, etc.), the perpetrator, and the Internet crime you are reporting in order to expedite your complaint. Be sure to copy and paste the entire email, including the header information, in the complaint. For more information on this topic, please see Internet Crime Schemes.

don't you think its time to to keep a sense of proportion
you are a new member
and you are not involved
why do you heat the discussion?

I was heating my flat from it anyway..

•••
don't you think its time to to keep a sense of proportion
you are a new member
and you are not involved
why do you heat the discussion?

I was heating my flat from it anyway..

Says a guy with 88 posts.

•••
I find your remarks insulting and insensitive to any participants here who have been defrauded, who might be inclined to take your post as though it came from someone savvy.
Apparently you took the post seriously. I meant to inject a little levity into the situation with the numerous posts about lawyers, fraud, legal jurisdictions, defamation, character assassination, etc. I seriously doubt that the KGB cares about this - but I'll bet the NSA monitors this kind of internet banter - you know - picks up on posts where FBI and assassination are mentioned in the same post.

Oh crap - now I did it! A white van just pulled up across the street. Oh, it's FEDEX. No worries.

•••

I think the reason for the stalemate here is fairly obvious.

Would the former employees of Adam Dicker be willing to confirm that no further breach of their NDA will occur, if in return Adam Dicker confirms that he won't pursue legal action for the information already shared?

Last edited:
•••
I think the reason for the stalemate here is fairly obvious.

Would the former employees of Adam Dicker be willing to confirm that no further breach of their NDA will occur, if in return Adam Dicker confirms that he won't pursue legal action for the information already shared?
Why are you so concerned about NDA, this is not Intel, and billion dollar chip technology, this is some just templates, and adword buildouts. What is he going to sue them for, from the looks of it, they are pretty much out of funds.

As long as they are compensated, and they themselves feel they are squared away, then the rest should let it be.

I think it is time to shut this thread down, it just detracts from namepros.

•••
Why are you so concerned about NDA, this is not Intel, and billion dollar chip technology, this is some just templates, and adword buildouts. What is he going to sue them for, from the looks of it, they are pretty much out of funds.

As long as they are compensated, and they themselves feel they are squared away, then the rest should let it be.

I think it is time to shut this thread down, it just detracts from namepros.

Why have you chosen to ask that question only of me, when it was equity78 who brought up the NDA subject again? I was responding to him.

But I agree, this thread has run its course. I'm going to unwatch this thread.

•••
NDA's are to protect IP and business strategies, not absolve douchebaggery.

•••
Hey guys, don't have time to read this all these pages, so can somebody sum this up? What what is it?

1) Is Adam Dicker a con man?
2) Is Adam Dicker delusional?
3) Does Adam Dicker suffer from Mental illness?
4) Is Adam Dicker just makes bad business decisions and runs business into the ground with no intent to harm people?

I am not saying Adam is any of these, don't have any dealing with him, except wasn't a fan with the conflict of interest he had bidding on names when he worked at Godaddy.

Also, for you newbies out there, which I am not, been in this industry since 1998, be very careful, 50% of those people speaking at domain conferences, winning those awards, have a very shady past. The other 50% are great guys, but need to always investigate who your doing business with, it's easy to do, don't go on what people say but what people do.

Adam if your reading this, how do you want to be remembered by your kids, I think that would put things in perspective. As a dad to 2 daughters myself, I want to be remember as a good person who did the right thing. Way more important things in life than money Adam, hopefully this is a wake up call for you. Your kids deserve a positive role model in you Adam, it's it's not about making money, it's about doing the right thing and treating people well. Again, I am not accused you of anything, I am just giving you advice from 1 dad to another.

•••
I agree, this thread is getting old and nothing constructing is happening.

Shane B under direction of the people he 'represents', spilled the beans in an online article to cause damage to Adam's reputation (that is very unlikely to recover from) in hopes of achieving some unknown objective, which seems to be successful per Shane's own comments " will simply say that those I represent are satisfied with the results." and "The people I represent are happy with the results".

No other information will be shared from Shane's group unless something changes and then they'll reposition if necessary - Shane's comments not mine "If things change, we will reposition ourselves accordingly.". More threats towards Adam if he doesn't comply with their unknown objective.

Adam is making things right for the people who he owed monies to - thumbs up!

There may or may not be lawsuits filed against unknown parties.

What else is there left to say that hasn't already been said.

What you should take from this thread? Would you do business with either Adam D or Shane B. That's what you'll have to decide for yourself.

•••
Apparently you took the post seriously. I meant to inject a little levity into the situation with the numerous posts about lawyers, fraud, legal jurisdictions, defamation, character assassination, etc. I seriously doubt that the KGB cares about this - but I'll bet the NSA monitors this kind of internet banter - you know - picks up on posts where FBI and assassination are mentioned in the same post.

Oh crap - now I did it! A white van just pulled up across the street. Oh, it's FEDEX. No worries.

Yeah, sorry about that. This is a sensitive topic for me. I've been harping on this type of thing for years, and now it's finally getting serious attention. I just hope something substantial comes from it.

•••
Why have you chosen to ask that question only of me, when it was equity78 who brought up the NDA subject again? I was responding to him.

But I agree, this thread has run its course. I'm going to unwatch this thread.

Well I was not bringing up the NDA per se, I was talking about all litigation. But you are right you did not bring that up, I asked Adam to make a statement. The reason why is so that no one else can come in and falsely speculate Adam is going to sue people, and anyone who has not spoken up for fear of that can feel better about doing that.

Shane started the thread for a reason he has stated that goal has been met, the people who came to him for help are having their situation remedied.

@Eric Lyon is the person to determine if the thread has run its course and it should be closed, Shane could close it as it is his thread. No one else at Namepros staff will close the thread as it is not their place. Eric or Shane can make that call.

•••
NDA's are to protect IP and business strategies, not absolve douchebaggery.

DoucheBaggery . Com is presently at GD Auction Current bid $4,999.00 LMAO!!!

Yes I wanted to reg it.... ;)

•••
Well I was not bringing up the NDA per se, I was talking about all litigation. But you are right you did not bring that up, I asked Adam to make a statement. The reason why is so that no one else can come in and falsely speculate Adam is going to sue people, and anyone who has not spoken up for fear of that can feel better about doing that.

Shane started the thread for a reason he has stated that goal has been met, the people who came to him for help are having their situation remedied.

@Eric Lyon is the person to determine if the thread has run its course and it should be closed, Shane could close it as it is his thread. No one else at Namepros staff will close the thread as it is not their place. Eric or Shane can make that call.

I don't have permission to close the thread.

Further, I think it's important to leave it open incase more wish to come forward.

It's only been 3 days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back