Dynadot

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm assuming all these griping people, cannot afford a lawyer. All these stories would have qualified for criminal fraud. I would have imagined Adam being led out of a T.R.A.F.F.I.C conference in handcuffs.

•••
Part 1 out 5.

Let me spill the beans: My Experience with following Adam and enrolling in Domain College.

I really didn’t want to be forth coming like this, but as illustrated with Frank Schilling, your request to get reimbursed or refunded only happens when a public statement is made. I have frankly waited too long and am still waiting on a failed commitment and no connection to an industry insider in order for me to capitalize from a website I paid $1500 for and which the transaction took place 13 months ago. I have since asked for a refund, various times. More on this later in Part 2 or 3.

When entering the Domain Industry I looked for guidance and followed Adam since he seemed like a "mild mannered guy who will do anything for anyone". He displayed wisdom in the Domain Industry. He seem like he was well respected as an industry leader. He showed vulnerability. He cries out openly on a Youtube video, about his harbored feelings about how hard it was to let go of his Dads passing. He seemingly sounded genuine and trusting. I was in for a little shocker.

First: Adam's Domain Broker Course.

Normally the course was supposed to cost 2k. It was offered on AdamDicker.com. I felt like I was going to learn how to make good domain investments by a respectable domain industry figure. Adam offered a special on DomainSherpa for 1k (50% Off) and stated to visit this link to sign up

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...main-broker-course/+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

So, wanting to learn from the Industry Expert and getting real excited on getting 12 coaching sessions by what seems to be by Adam, I signed up. Did I get even one coaching session by Adam? No. Did I get 12 coaching sessions by anyone. No. After visiting the sign up page or link, is it made clear anywhere that the coaching would be given by anyone but Adam? Not to me.

I simply got many Youtube videos, featuring Adam (which I would guess, 95% are readily available on his Youtube channel or on Youtube.com in general or other Video Sources.

In fact I believe I had watched pretty much had already watched most of them already before this course. So okay. That sucks. Than I should get excited about learning about domaining through Adam's group coaching. Wrong. One coaching session by someone I didn't even know existed because I signed up with the 50% discount. (Didn't state that on the Sign up page on AdamDicker.com. And this was the one and only thing that had some value to me, but was it worth 1k? Sorry, but that one coaching session wasn't that good to be worth 1k.)

Okay, the course was offered by Troy Rushton. However, I think transparency on his "Domain Broker Course", on his website should have been in order. The course is laid out so you take a few courses each day. By the time I was finished and found out that what I thought I signed up for, would not be delivered, the 30 Udemy refund policy had already being surpassed.

Okay. Nothing criminal here. At this time my attitude was: I am eager to learn about domaining. Lets scratch that and move on.

Part 2 tomorrow
You already posted your whole story on Shane's website? Why part 2 tomorrow?

•••
•••
You already posted your whole story on Shane's website? Why part 2 tomorrow?

Someone else posted it from a NPs cache. I removed the comment per his request so he could rework his initial post.

•••
It's pretty hardcore to take out an ad about this so it's obvious OP got taken by this guy and wants revenge.

•••
It's pretty hardcore to take out an ad about this so it's obvious OP got taken by this guy and wants revenge.

First off, not my advertisement.

And we've both stated there has never been a relationship of any kind.

•••
I don't see any tweets from Frank? All I see is blog comments from a guy named Frank Schilling. Not sure if Shane has verified it or not, but still, like one member said earlier here, Frank shouldn't go for such a stunt considering Adam's and his own reputation...

I meant the comments that Frank made on the original post, guess too much of twitter made me put that in. Shane said he had verified these with Frank, I have no reason to doubt that either.

Focus more on WHAT he said, rather than HOW he said it. And why do you call it a STUNT if Frank asks back his money from Adam publicly? How does this affect Frank's reputation? Don't get your logic.

Lot of other members here are coming forward now with stories of how Adam cheated them. So, use your mind lucidly and discriminate between right and wrong, rather than just blindly trying to be Adam's saviour.

The issues being mentioned here, by Shane as well as other members, seem to be a mere scratch of the business fraud that was indulged in by Adam.

•••
•••
Interesting.

http://www.fraud.org/learn/business-fraud

Business Fraud

Individual consumers aren't the only victims of fraud. Businesses, from large corporations to small "Mom and Pop" stores, are targets for a variety of illegal schemes. No matter whether the con artist uses the mail, the telephone, or the Internet, the best defense against scams is to follow these basic rules:

• Do business with companies you know and trust. If you don't know them, check them out.
  • Understand the offer. Get all the details and promises in writing.
  • Check all bills and invoices carefully. It's hard to get your money back once you've paid it to a con artist.
  • Guard your financial or other account information. Don't provide it to anyone unless there is a legitimate reason to do so as part of a transaction.
  • Educate your employees about avoiding scams. Make sure they understand their roles and responsibilities.

•••
I meant the comments that Frank made on the original post, guess too much of twitter made me put that in. Shane said he had verified these with Frank, I have no reason to doubt that either.

Focus more on WHAT he said, rather than HOW he said it. And why do you call it a STUNT if Frank asks back his money from Adam publicly? How does this affect Frank's reputation? Don't get your logic.

Lot of other members here are coming forward now with stories of how Adam cheated them. So, use your mind lucidly and discriminate between right and wrong, rather than just blindly trying to be Adam's saviour.

The issues being mentioned here, by Shane as well as other members, seem to be a mere scratch of the business fraud that was indulged in by Adam.
First, I am not trying to be a savior of Adam.

Second, if the BS you see here is ethically acceptable by you, then think for a moment, would you as a friend of the person-in-question comment (or ask) against that person in a public forum/blog for your money OR would you rather try to solve things in a professional manner by personally dealing with him, i.e. without complaining and commenting on blogs and forums? And yes, that also goes for any legal action you may consider applicable, would you "advertise" it first, and then expect to see results?

This whole thread is full of sh-t-y ideology that person A deceived person B, C, D and hell knows who, but none of the facts were ever provided by this 'anonymous source'. So far only Frank showed up (if he really is Frank), and Adam already have dealt with it.

And Adam clearly stated that the post has "some" truth, not all. And then we all saw what happened. Some people started with their baseless ideologies and other crap (no offense to none here). Some considered Shane a hero and others started to target Adam in their own mediocre ways without knowing the exact situation.

The point being, that none of us are still aware of "exact facts" and that's what I know.

Again, I am not trying to be a savior of Adam but that goes for you and others too, who are blindly participating in a publicity stunt, and who are being an element of entertainment for few.

•••
Comments are down. Upgraded theme a few minutes ago...

Working on a fix.

•••
Comments are down. Upgraded theme a few minutes ago...

Working on a fix.

My WP seems to have been downgraded. No idea what's going on here.

Had to downgrade to WP 2015.

•••
Your posts reflect to the contrary.

Second, if the BS you see here is ethically acceptable by you, then think for a moment, would you as a friend of the person-in-question comment (or ask) against that person in a public forum/blog for your money OR would you rather try to solve things in a professional manner by personally dealing with him, i.e. without complaining and commenting on blogs and forums?

Well, when that friend may have demanded his money many times over and received NO MONEY or possibly NO RESPONSE as well, WHAT is that *FRIEND* supposed to do? He may have seen an opportunity to publicly express it somewhere and he found the right venue in Shane's blog post.

Did it yield result? Yes, almost immediately. Frank confirms that Adam is now endeavouring to immediately repay the major portion of his five figure service-default-turned-debt. Now, what's wrong with that?

Also, they may or may not be friends. How would you know?

This whole thread is full of sh-t-y ideology that person A deceived person B, C, D and hell knows who, but none of the facts were ever provided by this 'anonymous source'. So far only Frank showed up (if he really is Frank), and Adam already have dealt with it.

Premise would be a much better word here than ideology.
Still this premise is not really a premise, since B has come forward to state that A has now settled debt after public shaming and C and D (here already) and E,F,G,H.... are still at it to get their refunds for services not rendered in lieu of investments that were extracted out of them on false promises of exceptional returns.

The point being, that none of us are still aware of "exact facts" and that's what I know.

What more "exact" facts do you need than are being revealed by other people on here that they were cheated by Adam as well which substantiates the whole story the OP published.

And I have really nothing to do with Shane. But the INNER CIRCLE culture and myths perpetuated by some in this industry for their own benefits needs to be broken for the right thing to happen for domaining industry.

•••
•••
What will happen if we all click on the ad?

•••
•••
And we've both stated there has never been a relationship of any kind.

That's what he said....

download.jpg

•••
Part 1 out 5.

Let me spill the beans: My Experience with following Adam and enrolling in Domain College.

I really didn’t want to be forth coming like this, but as illustrated with Frank Schilling, your request to get reimbursed or refunded only happens when a public statement is made. I have frankly waited too long and am still waiting on a failed commitment and no connection to an industry insider in order for me to capitalize from a website I paid $1500 for and which the transaction took place 13 months ago. I have since asked for a refund, various times. More on this later in Part 2 or 3.

When entering the Domain Industry I looked for guidance and followed Adam since he seemed like a "mild mannered guy who will do anything for anyone". He displayed wisdom in the Domain Industry. He seem like he was well respected as an industry leader. He showed vulnerability. He cries out openly on a Youtube video, about his harbored feelings about how hard it was to let go of his Dads passing. He seemingly sounded genuine and trusting. I was in for a little shocker.

First: Adam's Domain Broker Course.
http://www.domainsherpa.com/review-20140616/ >>> 59:10
Normally the course was supposed to cost 2k. It was offered on AdamDicker.com. I felt like I was going to learn how to make good domain investments by a respectable domain industry figure. Adam offered a special on DomainSherpa for 1k (50% Off) and stated to visit this link to sign up

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...main-broker-course/+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

So, wanting to learn from the Industry Expert and getting real excited on getting 12 coaching sessions by what seems to be by Adam, I signed up. Did I get even one coaching session by Adam? No. Did I get 12 coaching sessions by anyone. No. After visiting the sign up page or link, is it made clear anywhere that the coaching would be given by anyone but Adam? Not to me.

I simply got many Youtube videos, featuring Adam (which I would guess, 95% are readily available on his Youtube channel or on Youtube.com in general or other Video Sources. )

In fact I believe I had watched pretty much had already watched most of them already before this course. So okay. That sucks. Than I should get excited about learning about domaining through Adam's group coaching. Wrong. One coaching session by someone I didn't even know existed because I signed up with the 50% discount. (Didn't state that on the Sign up page on AdamDicker.com. And this was the one and only thing that had some value to me, but was it worth 1k? Sorry, but that one coaching session wasn't that good to be worth 1k.)

Okay, the course was offered by Troy Rushton. However, I think transparency on his "Domain Broker Course", on his website should have been in order. The course is laid out so you take a few courses each day. By the time I was finished and found out that what I thought I signed up for, would not be delivered, the 30 Udemy refund policy had already being surpassed.

Okay. Nothing criminal here. At this time my attitude was: I am eager to learn about domaining. Lets scratch that and move on.

PS: Honestly. I just want closure and want to be refunded what is owed to me. Part 2 tomorrow

Yours is the first piece of real substance in this thread. It's unfortunate that your post has to be buried on page 17 within a thread started by someone with his own set of credibility issues because you appear to have a legitimate complaint. I'm not sure the moderators would allow another thread on this topic, but I think both you and the community at large would be better served if you started a separate review thread where you and possibly others could detail your first hand experiences with AD. IMO a fact based thread that is free of exaggerations and innuendo would be much more compelling than anything we've seen here.

•••
Yours is the first piece of real substance in this thread. It's unfortunate that your post has to be buried on page 17 within a thread started by someone with his own set of credibility issues because you appear to have a legitimate complaint. I'm not sure the moderators would allow another thread on this topic, but I think both you and the community at large would be better served if you started a separate review thread where you and possibly others could detail your first hand experiences with AD. IMO a fact based thread that is free of exaggerations and innuendo would be much more compelling than anything we've seen here.

Part 2 to come.

Hint: It's about Niche Websites.

;)

•••
What will happen if we all click on the ad?
Well, if everyone clicks on the ad at the same time...Confetti will fall from the sky! (and then everyone will be charged $29.95)

•••

Again, I am not trying to be a savior of Adam but that goes for you and others too, who are blindly participating in a publicity stunt, and who are being an element of entertainment for few.

really?

what about the publicity stunts to get the hopeful signed-up....

the video's, the articles, the co-signers, the promises

was that entertainment or an education, produced by, for whom, for what....

to reach this point, which is a point, that shouldn't have to be pointed out, if one would ever get satisfaction, without it?

imo...

•••
This is getting more interesting. I guess the situation is somwhat similar to this:

Police caught a Rapist when a girl lodged a complaint and when the news of rape broke out, tens of other girls started coming forward slowly and steadily with stories of how they were raped by the same man.

More people coming forward on the domainnamewire thread, revealing how they were dicked as well: http://domainnamewire.com/2015/10/06/thoughts-on-the-latest-domain-name-scandal/

Frank again confirms in the comments here that Adam has now paid back Uniregistry. What about all the others, the real common people? Think !!

Comments
  1. 6779172cdb88bfa43806f5e5400926d4
    Jeff says

October 6, 2015 at 10:13 am

Thank you. I am among one of them and I have been in talks for months about get refunded and hope to get closure soon.

• e0912543e86ee51e630a06afca24727a
      jaqpot says

October 6, 2015 at 10:30 am

He(Dicker) did that to me too! He promised the world and never delivered! He promised to refund my $3,000 for FloridaLoan.com if he did not sell it at one of the Conferences. After the Conference, he said he did not say that…but I give you my promise he did!!

2. ada7e2f23dddbaa3c157d03ef0a9f728
    Domainer Extraordinaire says

October 6, 2015 at 10:17 am

The Emperor has no clothes. I sat in for one of his speeches at one of the domain name shows. He seemed to try too hard to convince people of his huge successes. I was curious about who he told us he sold a name to for mid 6 figures because I owned a similar name and checked whois 2 months later. He still owned it.

3. b91592b797e7ea0cdcbc8b1013bbd266
    Frank Schilling says

October 6, 2015 at 10:20 am

Adam’s debt has been paid in full and his credit is good at Uniregistry. I can not speak to other allegations made in the story and hope all outstanding issues will be resolved. A man’s reputation is worth far more than money.

•••
Order.. order! Innocent until proven guilty.

•••
This is getting more interesting. I guess the situation is somwhat similar to this:

Police caught a Rapist when a girl lodged a complaint and when the news of rape broke out, tens of other girls started coming forward slowly and steadily with stories of how they were raped by the same man.

More people coming forward on the domainnamewire thread, revealing how they were dicked as well: http://domainnamewire.com/2015/10/06/thoughts-on-the-latest-domain-name-scandal/

Frank again confirms in the comments here that Adam has now paid back Uniregistry. What about all the others, the real common people? Think !!

Comments
  1. 6779172cdb88bfa43806f5e5400926d4
    Jeff says

October 6, 2015 at 10:13 am

Thank you. I am among one of them and I have been in talks for months about get refunded and hope to get closure soon.

• e0912543e86ee51e630a06afca24727a
      jaqpot says

October 6, 2015 at 10:30 am

He(Dicker) did that to me too! He promised the world and never delivered! He promised to refund my $3,000 for FloridaLoan.com if he did not sell it at one of the Conferences. After the Conference, he said he did not say that…but I give you my promise he did!!

2. ada7e2f23dddbaa3c157d03ef0a9f728
    Domainer Extraordinaire says

October 6, 2015 at 10:17 am

The Emperor has no clothes. I sat in for one of his speeches at one of the domain name shows. He seemed to try too hard to convince people of his huge successes. I was curious about who he told us he sold a name to for mid 6 figures because I owned a similar name and checked whois 2 months later. He still owned it.

3. b91592b797e7ea0cdcbc8b1013bbd266
    Frank Schilling says

October 6, 2015 at 10:20 am

Adam’s debt has been paid in full and his credit is good at Uniregistry. I can not speak to other allegations made in the story and hope all outstanding issues will be resolved. A man’s reputation is worth far more than money.

5-figures in 12 hours.

Hmmm.

•••
Uniregisty allows credit terms?

•••
Back