IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good morning.

I guess a fair and safe question within this thread would be has the OP been ripped of, or cheated himself? If not why is he posting about this and let the one's damaged state their case if in fact they want a trial by forum or trial by court.;)

I've never done business with Adam.

•••
Adam did not deliver on a 1.5k build he did for me, also lead gen software licence purchased from him failed to validate after two weeks.This has been over 1 year now and he has failed to live up to his promises.

•••
I guess a fair and safe question within this thread would be has the OP been ripped of, or cheated himself? If not why is he posting about this and let the one's damaged state their case if in fact they want a trial by forum or trail by court.;)
A fair question indeed. But unfortunately that's not why Shane has gone far enough for this 'publicity stunt'.

I mentioned it in my earlier post, the situation (from Shane) could have been dealt with being more professional and ethical But I believe that's going to be a problem for Shane, as there will be no hype, no publicity, no long threads full of BS and entertainment for him.

•••
•••
I personally think Adam is a very nice guy as I have chatted with him several times via Skype and was part of the inner circle and worked on one of webcorp projects very briefly that I joined via facebook. I knew from the start that is was most likely going to be difficult due to who he had hired as directors were not experienced enough but I thought it was an opportunity and wanted to see where it would lead... (Lets leave that there!!!)

If you own thousands of domains it makes commercial sense to try and build more websites for goods and services or to monetize them and turn it into a business as even if it runs at a loss you can claim a lot back.

I think he has too many projects on the go and without the right team or employees in place to do a great job to satisfy promised expectations that will lead to dissatisfaction. Those who have been told that they can make a lot of money with a developed website and make thousands of dollars creates a great expectation which will lead to disappointment. Eventually like any business the owner will be held accountable.

I really hope this isn't another case like Toby Clements and that he has some good support around him as I would love to give him the benefit of the doubt.

This thread is now on 1st page on Google when typing in adam dicker news. This will definitely need his reputationrepair.com to clean up this one....

Adam Dicker News.JPG

Last edited:
•••
Wow, i have to say i'm quite shocked. Adam genuinely seemed like one of the good guys, someone who had made it big, rose to the top of his industry and just wanted to "Pay It Forward" and help newbies with his DNF College.

I think, (not that it makes much difference) after reading Shanes blog post, the comments on the post and here in this thread, Adam should do his best to explain his side of the story.

Shane, to publicly call someone a criminal without presenting solid evidence first is living life on the edge, i hope for your sake the ace up your sleeve is as big as your balls.

Like someone else said...there's no winners here.

Just my 2 cents.

•••
sky high popcorn time but.....in some countries this is regarded libel i think ?
I have no clue you guys in the US can post whatever you want but a bit more mature would be welcome.
just my 2 cents.......

•••
Shane, to publicly call someone a criminal without presenting solid evidence first is living life on the edge, i hope for your sake the ace up your sleeve is as big as your balls.

Where have you seen Shane saying AD is a criminal? You guys ever bother to read it properly? (not just yourself - seen some other folks in here jumping to this conclusion). It's like you asking someone "Are you stupid?" It doesn't mean you said the guy is stupid, does it?

I think Shane is covered from any legal point, the guy seems to be smarter than he looks :)

As for AD , I'm not an expert but I think what he did is called fraud

'abuse of position, or false representation, or prejudicing someone's rights for personal gain'.

and fraud is a criminal offence ...

•••
•••
This thread is now on 1st page on Google when typing in adam dicker news. This will definitely need his reputationrepair.com to clean up this one....

Show attachment 16910

google says that keyword [adam dicker news] has zero exact monthly searches.
so don't worry about this...

•••
Where have you seen Shane saying AD is a criminal? You guys ever bother to read it properly? (not just yourself - seen some other folks in here jumping to this conclusion). It's like you asking someone "Are you stupid?" It doesn't mean you said the guy is stupid, does it?

I think Shane is covered from any legal point, the guy seems to be smarter than he looks :)

As for AD , I'm not an expert but I think what he did is called fraud

'abuse of position, or false representation, or prejudicing someone's rights for personal gain'.

and fraud is a criminal offence ...

Look, i'm no expert either loredan, i see defamation of character and slander here:

"He preys not on the weak but on the domain industry’s many novice investors who lack the knowledge to identify him as the criminal I believe he is."

"This is about Adam Dicker and the many he has harmed"

Hey, i'm not too sure who to support here, i hope all this is wrong and Adam proves himself to be who many assume he is.

On the other hand if Shane is right then fair play to him, a great job on exposing someone many people look up to for help.

Personally i'd like to see Adam fight his corner.

•••
defamation of character and slander here.

It's only defamation of character and/or slander if the claims were false.

It's on Adam and his lawyers to prove it's false.

Plus, I doubt Adam will followthrough because I will file a counterclaim.

•••
Has Michael Cyger chimed in? After all, he's the other half of that private chat that has become quite public now. Just wondering what he's got to say about this thread...

•••
Look, i'm no expert either loredan, i see defamation of character and slander here:

"He preys not on the weak but on the domain industry’s many novice investors who lack the knowledge to identify him as the criminal I believe he is."

"This is about Adam Dicker and the many he has harmed"

Hey, i'm not too sure who to support here, i hope all this is wrong and Adam proves himself to be who many assume he is.

On the other hand if Shane is right then fair play to him, a great job on exposing someone many people look up to for help.

Personally i'd like to see Adam fight his corner.

We had this argument early on in the thread, but is has kinda become redundant now that so many are coming forward to voice their dissatisfaction.

I'm personally amazed that Adam Dicker hasn't come back to fight his corner here, the silence is deafening.

•••
Has Michael Cyger chimed in? After all, he's the other half of that private chat that has become quite public now. Just wondering what he's got to say about this thread...
I would think Michael would distance himself from this one...

•••

What could he add to the debate?

•••
•••
What could he add to the debate?

Sentiment. If the chat is real or if its been fabricated. Stolen or given to a trusted 3rd party, or whom he thought he trusted. I think that chat is the key to whether or not legal action is initiated.

•••
•••
It seems there are many behind scene players in this episode!
Satyameva Jayate (May Truth Prevails)!

•••
Sentiment. If the chat is real or if its been fabricated. Stolen or given to a trusted 3rd party, or whom he thought he trusted. I think that chat is the key to whether or not legal action is initiated.

Well Adam Dicker himself has confirmed that the chat is real, and implied that it has been stolen.

•••
Well Adam Dicker himself has confirmed that the chat is real, and implied that it has been stolen.

Did not see that, thanks. Thought he had said "some parts are true, others are not" and it was vague as to which. But thanks, no reason to doubt you.

•••
Page 2 for 'Adam Dicker' now...

•••

The chat was leaked by a disgruntled employee of either Adam or Michael....
Since Adam said he knows who it was, I would say it's most likely an (ex)employee of Adam.

As alleged in the blog post about Adam's bad behaviour with his employees, probably the employee was unpaid or abused to have resorted to this. Here is what someone by name of Charlie commented on the blog post (@Charlie is this your comment?):

This is nothing new… it’s only new to the public. Domainers have been aware of these issues with Adam for years. Ask any of his (previous) staff in private. Adam hires people and then he doesn’t pay them. I dunno how it stayed a secret for so long.

Where’d Simon go? No longer admin on Adam’s site. People stop working for Adam… No one asks why? Then people ask him to step down from their associations with him. No one asks why? This has been building up for years.

Shane is the only one with any gahoonies to report it. Everyone else is too scared of being sued by lawyers (lawyers that probably won’t ever receive their payment either).

•••
Hi @GoWebnames
The nothing new comment above is not mine,I did comment earlier on in the the Blog and briefly up above.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back