IT.COM

Is Active Domain (Re)Sale a Scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

fivehead

Established Member
Impact
I happened upon a website that I'm interested in and appears to be for sale, but the landing page (similar to this: http://veteranadvisor.com/buyoutdirect/veteranadvisor.com, but not showing as sold - click the other menu items for similarities) is ringing bells of the dreaded "Alex" or Bindnames or (see below for other possible aliases).

The thing that jogged my memory was the Wyoming phone number on the contact page 1-307-459-1567.

We've probably all been spammed and/or scammed by them into trying to sell us names, but I'm wondering: has anyone actually bought anything from them? I should probably just walk away, but you know how "we" get when we want a name... :)

I guess my worry is that a) they don't actually own the name and they pocket my money/add me to their spamtastic mailing list b) they just pocket my money c) I get my money back, but they add me to their spamtastic list.

Oh, and private WhoIs, so no help there.

Thanks, team!

Other possible aliases:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back