IT.COM

Is a Sedo homepage listing worth it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have what I think are two decent name's I'd like to sell:
e8f256ae130efe9dd39ff31906f8fae7.png

EDIT- The first domain is a .com. The second is a .eu. I made a typo. These are not .infos.

I have received two upper low $xxx offers for the first, but would like more for the name. The second was accepted into Latona's last year for a $xxxx reserve but did not receive any bids.

Now I am considering selling on Sedo, but have been told that the $39 showcase listing is only worth it for "premium" domains. Do you think I could benefit from a Sedo homepage listing?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have tried it a couple of times and not had any luck. 3-6 months later those domains sold for $2xx-$3xx/each. Was kinda disappointing, but you do get to apply it to advertising costs. Maybe someone will comment who has tried it a few more times than I did. Best of luck on your sales.

•••
i remember asking this around before and most if not all said 'no' :/ i haven't tried it personally though.

but one thing i kind of picked up back then was that the best way to use the listing is to use it on a domain that's being run on auction :)

•••
I think its one of those things you need to do on a longer term basis in order to get the page views and so you have to consider the potential selling price to determine if it is worth it. I wouldn't do it on any names that I'm looking to sell for under $1k.

•••
I tried it once but didn't get any offers.

•••
imho, next time you receive higher $xxx offer take it.

And Homepage listing isnt worth for such type domains.

•••
I would take those offers now with those domains. I can honestly hand-reg 2 better .info one word generic ones and I don't for the time being! If they were .com it would be a different matter.

•••
You will probably get more visits to your listing but nobody will buy.
The problem is not the lack of exposure, it's the domains.

•••
If domain is good I think it's worth to purchase.
I sold two domains with this.

•••
sc hnee % mo bil "no ending e" is correct german right? If you look at your two offers as probaly being what the domain is worth then just the math alone wouldnt work at $39 bucks in my opinion

•••
It all depends of the domain...

•••
Agree it would have to be a ""premium"" to be worth it.
whats your name.
The domain will not be up for the whole time, it gets rotated from my knowledge.
Depending what it is you may be better using the funds for adsense to advertise on certain keywords on google.

•••
sc hnee % mo bil "no ending e" is correct german right? If you look at your two offers as probaly being what the domain is worth then just the math alone wouldnt work at $39 bucks in my opinion

Yes, the e is a plural ending.

And I made a mistake with in my original post. The first domain is a .com and the second is a .eu. These are not .info domains. I made a .info auction thread earlier which is why I think I mixed things up.

Do you guys think a premium listing is worth it now that you know we're talking about a .com and not a .info?

•••
Yes, the e is a plural ending.

And I made a mistake with in my original post. The first domain is a .com and the second is a .eu. These are not .info domains. I made a .info auction thread earlier which is why I think I mixed things up.

Do you guys think a premium listing is worth it now that you know we're talking about a .com and not a .info?

If you had previously received low $xxx offers for this domain, I'm sure You will be not disappointed with sedo homepage listing, it not depend on domain extension.
But if you want to list domain that you had trouble to sell on forums I'm sure that this will not help you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back