Dynadot

domain Is $4,500 too expensive for Webmastertools.tools?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VitruvianMan

Impact
Hello all!

I have listed Webmastertools.tools at Flippa auctions. I find it rather difficult to appraise it's potential value. Hope you can help me here.

I listed a Buy it now price of $4500, which I truly believe it is worth. After all is it not an Exact Match for the very popular "Webmaster Tools"? Further it has a memorable extension of .tools. I has a high potential for commercial value.

Yet a part of me says, it may not be worth that much. Atleast that is the impression I got on looking some other valuation.The name is a bit long and has two 'tools' in the domain.

So,What do you say? Should I lower the Buy it Now price? If it were you, how much will you buy it for?

Thanx,
VitruvianMan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NP

This name wont sell for $400, never mind $4000..I doubt you will get a bid at all...jut my opinion, I hope I am wrong

There is not much of a market for these new extensions,especially .tools.....no reported .Tools domain sales at all

Stick with .COM when starting out in domaining

•••
gilescoley, thanks for your reply.

Yes I know .tools is not much sought after. My expectation was merely based on the presence of keyword 'tools' and as an exact match domain.

•••
Have to agree with @gilescoley

If the name did not have tools repeating twice, it would have scope. Not good to repeat tld at end of name!

Sorry but I would suggest grace delete and get some refund if you can.

P.S Just giving feedback. I hope it sells. Good luck.

•••
Just putting it nicely, it probably isn't worth all that much. Best of luck however!

•••
I agree with @gilescoley and @DNVantage - sorry to say that this domain won't sell near that amount and to kind of break it to you - this domain won't sell at all . While I hope I'm wrong about it, but in my opinion it's better to grace delete if possible ( if I'm not mistaken .tools isn't the cheapest reg around - for that price you could get a nice domain in the aftermarket for it or here in NP marketplace section ) , get some money back and invest in something better and if you are just starting - read, read, read and again read every post in starting section on NamePros. While these new GTLDs are speculations ( high risk - can be high reward as well in some cases, but not in this ) it's like investing your money in Forex buying with maximum leverage options without doing any research - while it might work at the beginning it will bite you in the ass - hard. And for starters stick with "proven" extensions - and that's .com for sure. "Play" later when you have some money for it.

•••
I get it.I'm not a domainer. Just wanted to see if I can get a good price for it. Guess I would rather prefer to keep it with myself.

I still see some remote possibility for it to be sold for for about ~300$ to 500. After all webmastertools.com is listed at 135000$! : whois.domaintools.com/webmastertools.com (the listing takes you to afternic).

It's .tools instead of .com. But don't you guys think it's isn't even worth 300$? "Webmaster Tools" is an important phrase after all.

•••
"Webmaster Tools" is an important phrase after all.

It might be, but "Webmaster tools tools" is not.

If you had Webmaster.tools I think it would at least have a chance, however having the same word twice in a row really kills it IMO.

Brad

•••
It might be, but "Webmaster tools tools" is not.

If you had Webmaster.tools I think it would at least have a chance, however having the same word twice in a row really kills it IMO.

Brad
Surely, Webmaster.tools would have been wonderful...it is a reserved domain :(

•••
No it won't sell for $300 to $500 you are more likely to spend $500 on yearly renewals on this domain than selling it for $500 seriously grace delete it if possible. You have a better change of regging random 5 letter .com domain and selling it for a profit than selling your domain seriously. If you had webmaster.tools or even webmasters.tools it would be a bit better . And don't compare .com version with .tools version it does not work like that sorry.

I get it.I'm not a domainer. Just wanted to see if I can get a good price for it. Guess I would rather prefer to keep it with myself.

I still see some remote possibility for it to be sold for for about ~300$ to 500. After all webmastertools.com is listed at 135000$! : whois.domaintools.com/webmastertools.com (the listing takes you to afternic).

It's .tools instead of .com. But don't you guys think it's isn't even worth 300$? "Webmaster Tools" is an important phrase after all.

•••
So listen to everyone.
You would be lucky to even sell if off for what you paid for it.
A normal english speaker would not be searching for webmastertools.tools.
Or using that line.

•••
After all webmastertools.com is listed at 135000$

Its listed for that but that doesn't mean it will sell for that, there are random, crappy names listed on ebay for $2,000,000 as well, its just dreamers listing their names

•••
If it was "webmaster.tools" maybe something. But, like the other domain experts said earlier. Grace delete or build a how-to blog on it and put some banners on it and call it a day.

•••
Alright guys... I'm giving it a last shot. I modified the auction and now offering it for sale at a fixed price of $300. You can see the details by visiting the domain.

•••
You are so going to be mad at everyone here if it sells for fixed price of $300 ;)

"Listen to everyone but do what you feel is right" :)

IMO, $300 would be a good sale. If it was mine, I would be happy even in hindsight.

•••
•••
. After all webmastertools.com is listed at 135000$!

At namebio.com you find 51 known sales of domains containing the string "webmaster". Only three contain the string "tool", all are .com and max £1k sale price, and of those only one is plural ie "webmasterstools.com".

So your domain is not .com, tools is probably not a valuable keyword added to webmaster, and tools repeats. No resale hopes at all imo.

Webmaster is a word in decline anyway, and a new extension like this may just fail, go bankrupt and disappear in 2-3 years - it makes no sense to build a site on it.

•••
two tools too many in this one

•••

Take this with a grain of salt. That is a huge misconception - just because the perfectly phrased WebmasterTools.com is listed for $135,000 does not mean that the redundantly phrased and doubled "tools" domain: WebmasterTools.Tools is NOT worthy of a $4,500 price tag. In fact, it's not even worthy of a $4 price tag.

I'm sure my reply will be redundant to those already above, as stated by another member your best bet for this would have been Webmaster.tools.

If you have a $4,500 budget, buy a solid .com :)

Last edited:
•••
i hope he sold webmastertool.tools ..

•••
WebmasterTools.Tools is worthy of a $4,500 price tag. In fact, it's not even worthy of a $4 price tag.

I believe Ali meant to say, "WebmasterTools.Tools is not worthy of a $4,500 price tag." I don't want you getting any wrong ideas, lol.

•••
do you think this domain has a trademarked problem? ? ?

Last edited:
•••
According to a US trademark search, the last ™ on "Webmaster Tools" had been abandoned in 2001, after only being live for one year. Current ™ status is dead.

[I'm not sure if this answers the ™ question completely though] As most people know webmaster tools refers to a Google feature.

Attachments

• Webmaster Trademark Search.png
    Webmaster Trademark Search.png
    35 KB · Views: 29
•••
I believe Ali meant to say, "WebmasterTools.Tools is not worthy of a $4,500 price tag." I don't want you getting any wrong ideas, lol.
HA! Phew! Thanks for catching that! :) Edited..

•••
Yes Agree with all the above... stick with good solid brandable/keyword .com domains... I avoid any other extension apart from the odd .net and .co.uk (which is my country's extension) like the plague! There just a way for registrars to make more money, if you do go for .net .info or .org it requires alot more caution when registering names as they are alot harder to sell. Good luck in the future!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back