Dynadot

Ionos domains for $1 ?

NameSilo
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
First year registration only for $1 for many domains including .com for the first year? Why don't everyone register domains there then?
Maybe I tried it before, and there was something unacceptable, like ID, or promise to renew, or having to add more services, or tax info etc. But such things are acceptable to most. but domainers seems to not register anything there. Strange.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i have some regd there, regd one just last week. never have a problem. sold one on sedo a few weeks ago and transferred it out of ionos easily.

•••
i have some regd there, regd one just last week. never have a problem. sold one on sedo a few weeks ago and transferred it out of ionos easily.

Do they allow for instant transfers out, or do you have to wait 5-6 days?

•••
This is so-called "welcome offer" if you are talking about .com
It is for NEW customers only.

•••
Instant transfer-out is allowed by 1and1 Ionos.

Last edited:
•••
on names that have been there a while it is instant.a couple of clicks and you have your auth code.if you mean on fresh regs, i don't know.

•••
This is so-called "welcome offer" if you are talking about .com
It is for NEW customers only.
not so,i've been with them for almost a year and my reg last week was for $1,but just 1,others would have been for regular price.

•••
Why don't everyone register domains there then?
I use them for almost decade... mid X,XXX domains were regged/transferred by me.

Last edited:
•••
not so,i've been with them for almost a year and my reg last week was for $1,but just 1,others would have been for regular price.
I get $10 for .com
Just rechecked.

•••
I get $10 for .com
Just rechecked.
that's what they wanted after my 1 for $1. i think the lowest at any mainstream registry is dynadot at $7.75

•••
Exactly.
It is limited to NEW customers and 1 .com only.

•••
How about having many usernames, and registering 1 domains for each.

•••
How about having many usernames, and registering 1 domains for each
Begging for trouble. You may end up losing your entire account with them.

•••
How about having many usernames, and registering 1 domains for each.
And many cards / PayPal accounts???

You will be banned and very soon.

•••
I think it is for only new customers, and limited to only 1 .com domain.

For tracking cheapest domain names, I use this site:

https://tld-list.com/tld/com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back