IT.COM

Ionos, Part 3

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A couple of weeks ago, l posted a message declaring IONOS a lousy registrar, giving specific reasons.

I got flack from several expert members defending IONOS, so l surveyed a handful of Internet registrar review sites (admittedly, probably a bit of a random way of determining quality registrars), but l discovered there was a wide variance in the surveys’ good, bad and uglies. And lONOS, like GoDaddy and other notable registrars, were superior in some rankings, not-so-much in others.

So l followed up my initial message with a sort of retraction, reporting my discovery and the thought that maybe IONOS and l just didn’t work well together. Case closed—until l received a message from IONOS today: Below is part of it:

“With the season underway, we'd just like to stop and say thank you for the support that we've received during the rebranding.

Are you as excited as we are for what the future has in store?

Stay tuned in the coming weeks, as we'll be launching a series of new offers and content designed exclusively with you in mind. There might just be something in it for you as well.”

All, apparently, was not right at Ionos! (And this is the first l’ve heard about the renovation, from the company or from anywhere else although the company says its rebranding has been undertaken—maybe wrong word—for some time.

I feel somewhat vindicated though l’m sure some
particularly articulate NP members can view this statement as IONOS declaring its not a perfect registrar and redoubling its efforts to be the first.

Have a good week—and don’t forget Mom on Sunday!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back