Domain Empire

.io .io Thread and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Bought a new .io domain through sedo last week a NN.io , bit of an investment and gamble but worth a shot in my opinion.

Anyone investing in .io domains? please feel free to share your investments.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had bought directory.io 10 years ago when it was worth nothing.
I developed a dmoz-like directory that had 1000 daily visits.

Then I had by accident let it expire and today can't but regret :)

•••
I had bought directory.io 10 years ago when it was worth nothing.
I developed a dmoz-like directory that had 1000 daily visits.

Then I had by accident let it expire and today can't but regret :)
Time changes things doesn't it? (That surely applies to good domains and their value.)

•••
I keep seeing a few great .io keyword domains occasionally that are unregistered and or going cheap. I have never been to an .io domain other than weather.io when it had a weather script on it. I can't believe the sales of them lately, kind of wild.

•••
I just hand regged Micron.io and am tossing around putting something on it versus selling it - apparently it gets 94k exacts monthly. I can't figure out if the market peaked, is flattened, or in a gradual decline with the new extensions coming around.

•••
are you saying micron.io gets 94000 visits every month spontaneously?

•••
Oh no - there is nothing at the domain.

I was referring to Googles Keyword planner for exact phrase "Micron" - and my recollection was off a little, it's actually 90,500

Not surprising though. There are about 15 very large technology companies with the phrase Micron in their domain name -the largest being Micron Technologies of course.

•••
If you like short domains then this site can help with .io and many other extensions shortdomainsearch.com.

Please share any news or ideas developing .io extensions.

Have a great day!

•••
LosAngeles.io

Gonna auction it on Flippa, but we'll probably end up developing it if we don't get the price we want. Starting to get a bit attached to the name. :)

•••
I grabbed Micron.io the other day and just listed it on Flippa-

But I don't have a clue what I am doing :-/

•••
I grabbed Micron.io the other day and just listed it on Flippa-

But I don't have a clue what I am doing :-/

I see this one have a potential because micron.com is a large company in micron technology.

You have to be patient and wait for the right buyers come with offers.

•••
I grabbed Micron.io the other day and just listed it on Flippa

Just get rid of this one, Micron is a trademark

•••
3Digital.io
SWO.io

Both hand reg, but hopefully worth something to someone

•••
•••
•••
There are plenty of TMs for this, what did you have planned for it?

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov

I am familiar with where to look for the TM - thanks though. I asked you to point me to where the exact TM for the term "micron" or "micron.io" exists.

There are plenty of TM's for various logo's, company names that include the term, websites with a variation of the term.....etc. But there is no TM for the term "Micron". It can't be trademarked as a phrase.

Kind of like Apple. A business could secure the domain apple.XXX and set up shop selling green skateboards or fruit baskets and have no issue. As long as the company didn't start selling uPads or gPhones or pc's and the like, Apple has no claim.

I'm not sure if you're messing with me - or if you actually believe that "Micron" is Trademarked, but I assure you that it isn't the case.

Last edited:
•••
You said you registered Micron.io, not Micro.io

It really depends on what you plan to do with it

•••
It is micron.io - same rules apply. Sorry about the typo.

I am planning to sell it. Well, at least I have designs to.

•••
"micron" is a trademark, who are you going to sell it to?

Just don't try selling to one of these industries mentioned in those 50 existing trademark on http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/

Read the legal section to see what I am referring to..

•••
Sigh

Word Mark
MICRON
Goods and Services
IC 034. US 002 008 009 017. G & S: Electronic cigarettes; Electronic hookahs; Smoking alternatives.....12/2104 A.K.A. Worldwide

Word Mark MICRON
Goods and Services
IC 014. US 002 027 028 050. G & S: Clocks and watches....12/2014

Word Mark MICRON
Goods and Services
IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer hardware and software....12/2013

Word Mark MICRON
Goods and Services
IC 040. US 100 103 106. G & S: custom manufacture of memory and imaging semiconductor devices.....10/2003

So on, and so on, and so on.....trust me, I saw them all long before you showed up.

What you're looking at is their TM on their font/style/logo of their MARK - not the WORD.

There is no TM for the term "Micron" - you cannot TM a 135 year old word. You can TM a company name or a product or a logo that includes the term - but not the term Micron itself.......no more than you could TM the word "Fruitcake". I am surprised that with your long membership here you're ill-informed on that. You're spreading misinformation - and I question your motivation.

If I want to contact the ecig company at the top and their domain is micronevapesandhookas.com, and I pitch them on how badass micron.io would be because smoking is an input and output thinkg - there is no problem with that. Likewise there is no problem if they want the domain and use it.

I am no longer going to participate in this thread getting hijacked by your misinformation. If you wish to PM me to discuss it further that would be great!

But seriously, we shouldn't go into this much detail and hijack the thread.

•••
I registered Digitalization.io a few months ago that I will hold onto for a few years and build out to increase value. I hope the sales of .io extension continue to sell as of late. This is a 14 letter domain a tad long but i do however believe their may be future potential? It is also a tech domain...

Digitalization Definition
Integration of digital technologies into everyday life by the digitization of everything that can be digitized.

VrW.io Virtual Reality Wearable was also hand registered a couple of weeks ago and have created a basic site page for it. I like shorter letter domains for alternate word options to use?

•••
There is no TM for the term "Micron"

you cannot TM a 135 year old word

Both totally incorrect :ahhh: Its all about usage and showing bad faith

I wont go into this again with someone who seems to be a trademark lawyer, we see this every week from someone on here who joined 1 week ago

Post it in the legal section and see what the experts say, there are "real" internet law experts on here that can guide you, I wish you all the best

If I want to contact the ecig company at the top and their domain is micronevapesandhookas.com, and I pitch them on how badass micron.io would be because smoking is an input and output thinkg - there is no problem with that. Likewise there is no problem if they want the domain and use it.

Let me know how that goes when you approach them would you :laugh:

•••
Ahhh, I figured you we're preening your long membership muscles - I'm not sure longevity equates to competence though. I just can't figure out if you're aware of your double-takes:

gilescoley -
"If you had Pentel.com and you ran Pentel Plumbing, then you would be fine........"

You can't seem to land on a position - and although I have tried to be polite, I can see your ego has been bruised by your display of sarcasm and defensive posture. I apologize.

Goodnight

•••
Im way past getting a bruised ego...appreciate your concern though

If you had "Micron Plumbing" then you would be fine as well, but somehow I don't think that's the case, its really just about what you do with the name, as long as you dont stand on anyone's toes, you will be fine...not hard to understand this

PM me if you want

Goodnight

Last edited:
•••
I registered Digitalization.io a few months ago that I will hold onto for a few years and build out to increase value. I hope the sales of .io extension continue to sell as of late. This is a 14 letter domain a tad long but i do however believe their may be future potential? It is also a tech domain...

Digitalization Definition
Integration of digital technologies into everyday life by the digitization of everything that can be digitized.

VrW.io Virtual Reality Wearable was also hand registered a couple of weeks ago and have created a basic site page for it. I like shorter letter domains for alternate word options to use?

I like the shorter .io domains too and wonder if they're going to hold, decline or increase. At $33 a pop they seem a little spendy for me to grab too many - although there are still plenty to be had.

With the recent sale of cloud.io at 45k the rush - and market saturation - is gaining steam. Might swing the ticker up if enough interest gets stirred publicly.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back