Dynadot

.io .io Thread and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Bought a new .io domain through sedo last week a NN.io , bit of an investment and gamble but worth a shot in my opinion.

Anyone investing in .io domains? please feel free to share your investments.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Develop on .io - I like the extension. Prefer .com but desired .com often are taken.

•••
the term of "micron" itself is a dictionary word and technology.http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micron_(disambiguation)
I'm not sure because I'm not a lawyer.

It certainly is, and as I mentioned its about fair use and what you do with the domain.

Apple is also a dictionary word, but you still cant start a computer company called Apple Computers or sell Apple.ph to Apple Inc

•••
It certainly is, and as I mentioned its about fair use and what you do with the domain.

Apple is also a dictionary word, but you still cant start a computer company called Apple Computers or sell Apple.ph to Apple Inc

Oh ok I get it. clear explanations.

•••
@gilescoley

"Micron" is a dictionary word. Even it has a Turkish translation which is "Mikron"

Also please stop directing people to the search engines that they already know where they can find it and learn giving direct link to the pages or take your time and have a SS to post to the forum. If you are too lazy to do it then basicly dont start discussions...

Thank you.

Edit: Anyway now i see you are making a U turn and start speaking softer on this subject but it doesnt change a thing. Your first messages was just sarcastic and not useful...

•••
I have a nice tantric.io - I liked it also as tantra is a lifestyle originating in India, and fits the extension's original purpose. Listed on Flippa three days ago.

•••
Also please stop directing people to the search engines that they already know where they can find it and learn giving direct link to the pages or take your time and have a SS to post to the forum. If you are too lazy to do it then basicly dont start discussions...

Micron" is a dictionary word

We have already determined its a dictionary word, so is "Apple" (see above comments)

Which search engine link, please show us and the rest of the posters? I posted a link to the trademark search page to try and be helpful...did you actually click on the link I posted to see where it went? :-/

Just get rid of this one, Micron is a trademark

How was this first comment sarcastic and not useful???

I haven't made a u-turn actually, I still stand my my comments and Ive stopped discussing it as the poster sent me a PM, so maybe dont post if you havent got all the facts, feel free to PM me if you want them

Last edited:
•••
•••
I like the shorter .io domains too and wonder if they're going to hold, decline or increase. At $33 a pop they seem a little spendy for me to grab too many - although there are still plenty to be had.

With the recent sale of cloud.io at 45k the rush - and market saturation - is gaining steam. Might swing the ticker up if enough interest gets stirred publicly.

Yeah I think .io will do well if sales continue and companies use the extension and continue to develop sites. I created VRW.io for Virtual Reality Wearables information site. Those who have a few .io domains in their portfolio are most likely to create a landing page or a basic website as renewals will be costly over time... I plan to hold for at least 5 years...

•••
Yeah I think .io will do well if sales continue and companies use the extension and continue to develop sites. I created VRW.io for Virtual Reality Wearables information site. Those who have a few .io domains in their portfolio are most likely to create a landing page or a basic website as renewals will be costly over time... I plan to hold for at least 5 years...

I'd be wary of the temporary price drop of .io. Back when I started it was I believe $80 a name. In hindsight of course should have registered some prime one word keywords.

•••
•••
ITServices.io
ITTech.io
Jail.io
Vacuums.io

•••
•••
•••
DRONEPAD.IO
HARDWARES.IO
CASABLANCA.IO

Last edited:
•••
I have CheapFlights.io
Any thoughts on this?

•••
for me,
1080p.io
nld.io
css4.io
ita.io (country name code for Italy)
8880.io

•••
•••
I don't own any .io but have seen a lot being developed and used by tech startups, and its the developers that help the extension and not the extension itself, just look at agar.io , it went from 0 to Millions in a few months, and its short ,brandable and memorizable, and its not a .com , and I believe people will start to associate .io with a common extension just like, .com, .net,.org, due to the developers and not the speculators.

73.80M visits Month!

http://www.similarweb.com/website/agar.io

•••
•••
StockQuotes.io
StockPrices.io
StockChart.io

•••
PhotoEditor .io
brought from a NP member

•••
Estorage.io
Droppeddomain.io

•••
Wow - there hasn't been a post here in 2 1/2 weeks? Is there another io thread that is more popular?

I have not regged any yet. Thought I had a dandy this afternoon: purchased inbox-io via GD, but then it tells me actually no that domain is taken, and your money will be returned within a day.

•••
backups.io
brussels.io
goldprice.io

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back