NameSilo

Investments

Labeled as discuss in Domain Beginners started by Daniel Albrecht, Oct 9, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. NameJi

NameJi The Domain Lover Gold Account

@Bob Hawkes Yes, as in any business there is a certain degree of risk involved in the premium acquisitions. One strategy is to acquire premium or ultra-premium domains for product development and sell on the way or use them for your products in the worst case. The bottom line is, one should know what/why he/she is acquiring, should know how to sell or know how to put them to use for their benefit.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Member VIP

My ex wife...she took my pre-marriage black book when we split. I am sure many of the numbers are not good (some may have had rotary dial roots) but it would be a hoot to see if any still worked!

As far as domains go, I would invest in some logical 4L and a few top 2 word domains...both in coms.

3. Reddstagg

Reddstagg Established Member

Just popular daily newspapers which appeal to a wide selection of society.

Let them do the research of deciding what news or topics are trending and you may just pick up something that others may miss.

Also, the news feeds that appear on my phone that many others just scroll through.

Also, try to identify any emerging technologies in your local area as there may be a need for domain names in the near future.

4. Michael Ehrhardt

Michael Ehrhardt Top Member VIP

5. manpreet

manpreet Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

6. cyborg1960

cyborg1960 Established Member

2000 is not amount to invest, but if even success can bought good domain

as I some people time to time do sale domains and this site which good point for novice

7. MTB

MTB Established Member

A one-word .com in aerospace / space exploration / drones

8. Johnoj

Johnoj Established Member

I will like to know your strategies

9. nhauctions

nhauctions Established Member

Basically I just look for closeout domains on GoDaddy, cheap domain on here, etc. I try to pay around $10-$30. I only buy .com names, as I think they're easier to sell and I don't know enough about any others. When I choose a name I try to make sure that there are at least a few end buyers that I can imagine. So maybe .net and .org are already in use or the name is just a decent business name. I try to avoid names that sound nice but don't have any business use. I keep things pretty simple.

The reason I'm buying low priced domains is because I'm still learning. I reckon I'll learn more buying 100 names for $20 each than buying 4 names for $500 each.

I'm planning to do this until early next year and then take stock and see if it's worth continuing.

I also have a few other projects/experiments on the go, so will drop those that aren't working. If one thing really takes off I'll focus on that exclusively.

10. Johnoj

OK I got it

11. Shubham12321

Shubham12321 New Member

go with the expireddomain.net and go under the godaddy closeouts... under that filter with the valuation...

Look to buy those names with high evaluation and low number of letters , or meaningful words with .com extension

12. Johnoj

Thank you very much

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice