Dynadot

Interested In Creating a Domain Sell Site

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AchillesX

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I have a decent amount of experience when it comes to creating websites. I also have a decent amount of domains and plan on selling some of them. I'd like to have my own landing page to sell my domains instead of using a domain site like undeveloped. I have a decent idea on how this will work. Users stumble upon a domain, then they make an offer. But now what? What do domain sites use to actually sell the domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We use a basic contact form and either take PayPal or a wire transfer. Our website is budget oriented and targeted towards a specific geograpical presence though: namedeck.nl

Still in a beta and just for testing the DNS cluster for integration with multiple marketplaces. I don't like using other people's dns. With our current setup you keep full control and can easily pick the platform you want to land your domain on or you can launch a full hosting environment with a single click in case you want to develop.

All ''premium" sales go through an escrow service and are not listed anywhere besides a lander. A contact form handles first contact.

•••
So for the premium sales, what escrow service do you use? I'm ok with using one as long as it doesn't take out a large chunk of the money.

•••
Hi, I have a decent amount of experience when it comes to creating websites.

Creating websites with wordpress? or creating websites with php code from scratch? Both of the situation were still fit in create but both situation were entirely different...

Create could define as ended when the website were live with it's functional feature, it feels and mean like an effort. While develop mostly defined as continous effort of web creation along with promotion....

•••
Creating websites with wordpress? or creating websites with php code from scratch? Both of the situation were still fit in create but both situation were entirely different...

Create could define as ended when the website were live with it's functional feature, it feels and mean like an effort. While develop mostly defined as continous effort of web creation along with promotion....

The site would be created from scratch with coding. I was thinking about using a contact form for the domains. However, for the actual payment of the domain I'm a bit confused on. Where is somewhere trustworthy I can sell the domain and have the end user buy it for the price?

•••
you also must build your own escrow service along with your marketplace in order to cut some cost... no body want to pay your marketplace fees and still had to pay escrow fee

•••
you also must build your own escrow service along with your marketplace in order to cut some cost... no body want to pay your marketplace fees and still had to pay escrow fee

Yes but what If I use some escrow service, is there no escrow service out there that has fairly cheap fees?

•••
Yes but what If I use some escrow service, is there no escrow service out there that has fairly cheap fees?

working by yourself compare to working with team within your company would be different cost... 2% from 1 mill might be enough for your self but the same amount for a company would be far from enough....

•••
The site would be created from scratch with coding. I was thinking about using a contact form for the domains. However, for the actual payment of the domain I'm a bit confused on. Where is somewhere trustworthy I can sell the domain and have the end user buy it for the price?

I have integrated ( buyUsedDomain _.-com )
paypal / escrow.com / bitcoin and stripe

PM me if you want code

•••
I've started to take a liking to Undeveloped. Sold 3 domains with them this week. Fees are worth it imo.

•••
I made a landing page like this. Then customers have a choice to use an established marketplace or contact me direct to make a private sale.

•••
I made a landing page like this. Then customers have a choice to use an established marketplace or contact me direct to make a private sale.

why don't firstly offer a direct payment?

•••
why don't firstly offer a direct payment?
Like a BIN button? I do say that buying directly with me will save the commission of the other marketplaces but I guess I could add a BIN button.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back