IT.COM

.info .info domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

globegenius

Account Closed
Impact
Nothing wrong with .info domains. I just tried a google search for i-it.info and received close to 1 billion search returns in google. I think thats a pretty good return for a hyphen domain and .info More optimization needed of course.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So parked .info's may not do so well ?
How do SE's look at .info's with a white label site (using frame forwarding) ?
Do they see a blank domain or do they look at the forwarded site?

•••
.info are really only good for highly developed websites, of course there are exceptions but I wouldn't expect any type-in traffic, and you may lose credibility with some people who don't understand any other tld than .com.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I think that there is another way to look at this; if you compare the price point of a .info (89 cents), the fact that there are many good names available for hand reg (for example, i reggd SipTrunks.info, ExcerciseMachine.info, TelephoneBill.info, NP1.info, ExpenseSoftware.info, and AuditReport.info today...for less than 6 bucks total), and great monetization potential for keyword rich domain names like the ones I listed, ROI is favorable to all but the best .coms and .nets available for reg. Regarding the .org TLD, there is little advantage to the price point and search engines definitely do not treat them favorably in my experience. My practice with .info domains has been to reg high quality names, turn them into mini-sites with WhyPark, and then work on filling them with fresh content and improving the free site that whypark has provided. I change the nameserver info on GoDaddy's reg page and immediately after reg go to Whypark and set up the sites. Then I offer a handful of them for sale, and once I sell one or two, the rest are paid for. I've monetized each site with Adsense or Whypark (although WP's payouts arent impressive thus far), and have been making a few dollars a day on average for sites that I've essentially gotten for free (although today hasnt been a good day-35 cents so far...). In the meantime, I have a year with these sites to get them worth the renewal fee, and any that havent proven their worth at that time will be dropped; the sites that have shown the ability to make 4-5 times the renewal fee annually are kept, and the process is repeated. There is virtually no way to lose money with this formula, and if I'm able to create some quality sites that will generate traffic, I'll keep them and hone them for life. It's always encouraging when one click pays for the site; my first experience with that was a Whypark monetized site, www.BearerBonds.info. This has worked so well that I actually am now willing to pay $5-15 for a quality .info domain; I misssed out on businessresources dot info on ebay the other day, but would have paid 6-7 bucks for it w/o question. Info domains are not penalized by search engines; rather, there is a lot of crap out there utilizing the TLD because of the price point. Info domains are also a great way to famaliarize one's self with domaining and "practice" w/ lower stakes involved. In my mind, I rank the TLD behind .com and .net, and about even with .org, which has become the TLD of choice for non-profits. Biz and mobi are the only other TLDs that I even consider purchasing at this point (and while this isnt the forum, those of you that buy .mobi domains that fit the TLD and are of high quality may be very happy that you did so in a year or two). The point is this: with a minimal investment and some keyword research, you can make a consistent profit with .info domains and create passive income by weeding out the non money-makers at renewal time; like anything, it takes some work and consistent site development is a key, but I will continue to use this formula for as long as .info domains can be registered for less than a dollar. And I will renew the quality domains that have proven themselves over the initial year, without question. Anyone who thinks their .info domains are junk and want to dump them, please send me a PM with your price point-but keep in mind I am a bargain shopper with a long list of quality names all ready to hand-reg, so I'll only buy yours if I think they are better than the domains I can go buy on Godaddy for less than the price of a hamburger at McDonalds. The Official .info Facebook page if you'd like to join: http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=273304167655&ref=ts

Last edited:
•••
Back in the days when I started Domaining and knew hardly anything about keywords or anything that would make me a successful domainer I registered a lot of crappy domains but I also registered good domains. I didn't know you can buy domains with traffic so I mostly hand registered the domains. Since the info prices were so cheap I went ahead and registered so many which of course I dropped later on since they were not producing any profits and hardly had any traffic.

I ended up registering a keyword term domain with .com, .net and .info all 3 extentions. I still didn't know much about keywords but I guess I thought of the keywords just like that and registered all 3 domains. Well to my surprise the .info extention was and I think still is on the first page of google for the keyword term. Guess what happened, since I was getting a decent amount of traffic from google since it was on the first page and I think 2nd or 3rd and at one point in the 4th position. I got a lot of clicks. Now at the end of the year this is what happened. My .info made over $46 in clicks while I only had paid like .99 cents for it. My .com for the same keyword had probably type in traffic so it made a little more than the registration fee. But .net had hardly any traffic so it probably made me $1 or so in parking money. So I guess some times it can be worth it to register the .info and if you can get them in the top 20 positions in google they will end up making you money. I wish I had 2000 domains like those lol I wouldnt need to work a job still.

•••
Some great replies.. makes some excellent food for thought.. thanks!

•••
.info is the best domain name if work very hard i also have 40 .info domains working very nice generating revenue as well as. i m very hopeful.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back