NameSilo

Indian Domains and PPC

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ekal

Play up Pompey!VIP Member
Impact
Hi All

I'm curious about your PPC experiences with Indian domains.

I've noticed four major trends:

1) the most any domain makes in a month is $20.
2) CTR is around 14-15% consistently on all domains. This easily beats my .coms and .nets although my Indian domains have much better keywords.
3) co.ins kick the butt of .ins on a very consistent basis. If I have a keyword in both .in and co.in, I can guarantee that co.in will earn at least 3 times more
4) Payouts rarely break 10 cents p/click

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I concur when it comes to your number 3 my .co.in blow my .ins out of the water on clicks and traffic, i average around 10-30 per click though.

•••
Not all our domains are parked.
Our Ctr is 33% +
Agree with Point #3 .
Some of our strong keywords sometimes recieves $1+ per click
(Example creditcard , Loan etc)

•••
Thanks for the replies. What techniques do you use to optimise your domains for India?

I'm going to add a 5th:

5) Lots of .ins that would be great for PPC are taken by German companies, many of whom actually use them as their live business sites. Why do Germans like .in so much?

•••
get.in
makes sense, maybe there are some indian immigrants in germany who'hv just bought lots of them together

•••
ekal said:
3) co.ins kick the butt of .ins on a very consistent basis. If I have a keyword in both .in and co.in, I can guarantee that co.in will earn at least 3 times more
I am sure that's true, but why so? It takes more typing in the .co.in case than in the .in case, so it would seem .in is more convenient.

Do you have an idea why .co.in is preferred to .in ?

•••
b/c .co.in was established way before .in was established so most indians prob. are use to .co.in ..... but I have a domain that is making close to $$$

•••
Ok - I can alter 1).

Last month I handregged a XXX in both extensions (co.in and .in).

The co.in make $3 a day (made just over $100 last month) and the .in makes $1.

Still some valuable indian domains around waiting to be picked up.

•••
Yes i agree totally, but my wife would kick my backside if i registered any more .co.in and .in haha

Get your names on listed ekal, an extra exposure for your domains. Quite a few have been sold via listed since its inception.

Best Wishes

Tips

•••
Thanks Tips

I have about 30 listed with you guys and I've noticed them getting a lot of views.

I'll try and spend some time listing all the others.

•••
i have these indian names
fame.co.in gets 70 to 100 visits monthly but earns only $0.50 to $1.50
share.co.in gets 30 to 75 visits monthly but earns only $0.10 to $0.50
netbanking.co.in gets 20 to 75 visits monthly but earns only $0.10 to $0.50
adultvideo.co.in gets 20 to 75 visits monthly but earns only $0.10 to $1.50
its all parked at namedrive
can i earn more than that with those traffic
which keyword would be better and earn more
plz help
jaik

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back