Dynadot

.IN sold for 1050 Euros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just noticed this sale on Sedo:

Notebooks.in 1050 Euro

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
suthra said:
wow one lucky guy
Buyer or the seller....I'm really not sure on this one.... :)

•••
Anyway, the seller got a lot of money and also the buyer will get a lot of traffic

•••
Big business, big country, you will only see bigger and better sales in the next couple of years. Massive potential in both .in & .co.in , many factors in their favor/favour.

I expect both buyer and seller are satisfied, buyer particlularly if an end user!

•••
.in normally wouldn't sell for that much, but even popular/common words i would expect to sell for a small profit....

•••
wot said:
Massive potential in both .in & .co.in , many factors in their favor/favour.

Why is that?

•••
.in seems to be catching up fast in India. I've seen many big companies going for .IN sites recently :)

-Pratik

•••
mole said:
Why is that?

If you are not aware then I prefer to keep it to myself and continue to make very acceptable profits :blink: :wave:

•••
Yes, since i am from india, i personally know that big MNC are going for personalised .in domains for their current domains
So get hold of infosys.in or wipro.in and you can be a millionare

•••
xyris said:
Yes, since i am from india, i personally know that big MNC are going for personalised .in domains for their current domains

They must have been registered in Sunrise period.

-Pratik

•••
Yes, they ought to be since .in domains are costly and rare to find nowadays

•••
xyris said:

Holding those , will propably make you face a lots of lawsuits :D

•••
A great name at a great price,especially considering how young .in still is.Seeing all the .in/co.in names on Sedo with multiple bids,I'm sure there's many more sales to come.

Last edited:
•••
no lawsuits pal, all the laws are now changed

•••
Mole you see no future in .in/.co.in?

•••
i also want to sell my indian names

•••
I suppose your domains will be sold only after a long time since i was talking about popular domains and yours wont fall into that cats

•••
No you were talking about regging established TM names.

•••
yes, we can as the laws allow now to buy any domain name without a clause so that the content represented in the websites that the domains point to is not violating the laws such as against the trade mark company names
for eg. you can buy microsoft.in or google.in and have no lawsuits attached to your back
Its the case of Indian domains

•••
•••
hello pal, i never stood against the laws
I said if a person holds trademark for "microsoft" then you cant use the word with antyhing like microsoft.man or anything but if u have it for microsoft.com then ofcourse you can buy microsoft.xxxx where xxxx can be anything
So is the case with any other domains
First make clearance with the ICANN to know what the trademark insentives refer to and then decide

•••
•••
# The Registrant's Representations

By applying to register a domain name, or by asking a Registrar to maintain or renew a domain name registration, the Registrant represents and warrants that:

(a) the statements that the Registrant made in the Registrant's Application Form for Registration of Domain Name are complete and accurate;

(b) to the Registrant's knowledge, the registration of the domain name will not infringe upon or otherwise violate the rights of any third party;

(c) the Registrant is not registering the domain name for an unlawful purpose; and

(d) the Registrant will not knowingly use the domain name in violation of any applicable laws or regulations.

It is the Registrant's responsibility to determine whether the Registrant's domain name registration infringes or violates someone else's rights.
# Types of Disputes

Any Person who considers that a registered domain name conflicts with his legitimate rights or interests may file a Complaint to the .IN Registry on the following premises:

(i) the Registrant's domain name is identical or confusingly similar to a name, trademark or service mark in which the Complainant has rights;

(ii) the Registrant has no rights or legitimate interests in respect of the domain name; and

(iii) the Registrant's domain name has been registered or is being used in bad faith.

The Registrant is required to submit to a mandatory Arbitration proceeding in the event that a Complainant files a complaint to the .IN Registry, in compliance with this Policy and Rules thereunder.

For the purposes of Paragraph 5(iii), the following circumstances, in particular but without limitation, if found by the Arbitrator to be present, shall be evidence of the registration and use of a domain name in bad faith:

(i) circumstances indicating that the Registrant has registered or acquired the domain name primarily for the purpose of selling, renting, or otherwise transferring the domain name registration to the Complainant, who bears the name or is the owner of the trademark or service mark, or to a competitor of that Complainant, for valuable consideration in excess of the Registrant's documented out-of-pocket costs directly related to the domain name; or

(ii) the Registrant has registered the domain name in order to prevent the owner of the trademark or service mark from reflecting the mark in a corresponding domain name, provided that the Registrant has engaged in a pattern of such conduct; or

(iii) by using the domain name, the Registrant has intentionally attempted to attract Internet users to the Registrant's website or other on-line location, by creating a likelihood of confusion with the Complainant's name or mark as to the source, sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of the Registrant's website or location or of a product or service on the Registrant's website or location.

•••
Magic of Copy+Paste.

-Pratik

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back