IT.COM

.IN or .CO.IN - Some questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey guys,

I am a bit 'behind' with the whole .IN / .CO.IN but I have noticed something. Why are more people here registering .co.in instead of .in ?

Surely .IN would have a better retail value?

Anybody who can set me on the right path with this one is very welcome to post!!

Thanks in advance. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Apparently .co.in has already been established in the local market by international companies, and so the Indian market itself is used to .co.in.
I, however, agree with you that .in will do better in the long run, although opinions here seem to be split ;)
-Allan

•••
I think more people here are registering co.in because the good .ins were taken by the snipers at the start and the most of the half decent words were only left in the co.in extension.

•••
that is a fact taheny.
in my searches 92 percent of all good names were taken in .in form and still available in .co.in form.
you can be the judge of that, but there is some serious $$$ being dropped on .in by some people. we will see if it pans out. i know i have some, but who knows what will happen.

•••
well i registered .co.in because .in costs $20 to reg.

•••
I just couldnt understand it.

I have found some .co.in domains registered where the .in isnt. Worth a look anybody think?

•••
If the .co.in is taken and the domain is decent, the .in is probably a good bet since many names i tried was taken in .in but not .co.in

•••
Because not everyone can register .in

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back