IT.COM

In need of dedicated server!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey all! Im in need of a dedicated server for a lyrics website.
Price Range:50$ a month

Requirments:
Cpanel, PHPmyadmin, unlimited MySQL, Server Side - PHP,MySQL,CGI, Possibly fantastico, unlimited email accounts, decent space/bandwith, Able to host around 167k MySQL queries, 99% Uptime Guerentee

Thanks all!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$99+ for dedicated servers, usualy running 100-150 for low end CPU power.

Probably a virtual dedicated server would work, what are you planing to place on it? What are your requirements for BW?

•••
Jakey said:

Requirments:
Cpanel, PHPmyadmin, unlimited MySQL, Server Side - PHP,MySQL,CGI, Possibly fantastico, unlimited email accounts, decent space/bandwith, Able to host around 167k MySQL queries, 99% Uptime Guerentee

Thanks all!

You will be hard fetched to find a good dedicated server with the budget of only $50. Instead maybe you should look into a VPS, or up your budget. But as for dedicated servers I recomend http://servermatrix.com their cheapest runs at 119 a month, with a 99 setup fee, or 139 a month with no setup fee.

•••
I've been using Cari.net. They're great.

Server is only $59/mo. Additional IPs are $1/mo. each. It's a P4 with HT, 1GB RAM, and SuSE Linux.

•••
eRudNet can offer you a

•P3 700Mhz
•256MB Ram
•40GB Hard Drive
•200GB Bandwidth
• Free setup
• No contract
For $45.00 /monthly
OR
•Celeron 2.0Ghz
•512MB Ram
•80GB Hard Drive
•1000GB Bandwidth
• Free 100mbps Port Upgrade
• Free setup
• No contract
For $75.00 /monthly

To order email [email protected] or visit http://erudnetsupport.com and submit a support ticket to one of our handy sales agents who will setup you asap.

eRudNet

Last edited:
•••
We have 3 LT servers, the cheapest dedi from them is around $65 monthly.

www.layeredtech.com

• Intel Celeron 2.0GHz
• 80GB IDE Hard Drive
• 512MB RAM
• Bandwidth: 1000GB
• IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable)
• Private VLAN
• Basic Resource Monitoring
• FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, Windows*
• 100% Self Managed and Dedicated

I highly recommend them, they are a pretty large company

•••
iNod said:
eRudNet can offer you a

•P3 700Mhz
•256MB Ram
•40GB Hard Drive
•200GB Bandwidth
• Free setup
• No contract
For $45.00 /monthly
OR
•Celeron 2.0Ghz
•512MB Ram
•80GB Hard Drive
•1000GB Bandwidth
• Free 100mbps Port Upgrade
• Free setup
• No contract
For $75.00 /monthly

To order email [email protected] or visit http://erudnetsupport.com and submit a support ticket to one of our handy sales agents who will setup you asap.

eRudNet

people still by 700mhz boxes? :lol:

•••
I've been pretty happy with 1and1's server that I got about a half a year ago for $50/mo. I believe that their DNS and Email Servers are in Europe, but my server is in the us. It comes with Plesk Reloaded 7.5.3 which makes configuration pretty easy and some good pdfs.

•••
i386 said:
I've been using Cari.net. They're great.

Server is only $59/mo. Additional IPs are $1/mo. each. It's a P4 with HT, 1GB RAM, and SuSE Linux.

Did you see the set up fee? $199 setup for the $59 per month plan.

•••
maybe you should try a VPS

spry.com

$40 month for 10GB/unmetered bandwitdh (aprrox -700GB)

•••
•••
Jakey you should really go for a Virtual Dedicated Server if i were you. Its the same as dedicated but you can be a few people on the same server.
but for your budget you should really go into a vds

•••
I think you're asking for a bit if you expect to get cpanel (specifically) for $50. I know that www.ez1web.com does off a dedicated machine for that using the VHCS control panel, but that's the lowest I've seen for what I think is reliable.

•••
Yeah, it's a $199 setup fee but it's basically a "pre-pay".

So for $59/mo. I prepaid $199 when I got the server in June. So I didn't have to make a payment until now (September).

•••
adam_uk said:
people still by 700mhz boxes? :lol:
yep, they somethime do. About 1 month ago some of my sites were on a server with 4 P3 CPUs and I must say that it was one very good box. A lot better than most 3 GHZ boxes. I am not sure what, but there is something different in P3 CPUs that makes them better for servers than P4 CPUs

•••
Jakey said:

Requirments:

Thanks all!
Your price range is $50 a month for a dedicated server with cPanel? Are you aware that cPanel cost anywhere between $20 and $50 a month depending on the provider? That means your willing to spend between $0 to $30 on hardware.

•••
Go direct to ev1servers.net or 1and1.com for dedicated servers. They are known in hosting services....

Good luck to your project.
Em

•••
Since cpanel cost is at least 20$/mo., I don't think you would get a server for 50$ with it. + have in mind that servers for ~60$ are not only without cpanel, but they are self-managed too. So you will have to hire someone to manage your server (additional $20-$80/mo.). So, as others mentioned VPS would be the best choice.

•••
•••
I dont think you can find a dedicated server on your budget - maybe a semi dedicated one.

All the best,

SW

•••
no you atleast need to raise it to $90+ and even then you wont get a very good spec

•••
I would advise against getting a dedicated server with that budget. Even if you can find a company that offers ded. servers for that price, they wouldn't offer ANY support with it.

Like other people here I suggest you get a VPS. For example, www.asmallorange.com has some good deals on VPS's. And they are backed by impecable reputation - just search for them at webhostingtalk.com.
I think for $50 you can get a 10gig/150gig VPS with everything on.

•••
TheWatcher said:
Go direct to ev1servers.net or 1and1.com for dedicated servers. They are known in hosting services....

Good luck to your project.
Em

id recomend staying away from 1and1, ive heard alot of bad reviews about them, i have a domain with them and they will not leave me alone, i get emails and letters through the post all the time

•••
I currently have a VDS with Tektonic.net. 350GB of B/w and a 20GB RAID hard drive. That comes with a minimum of 128MB RAM burstable up to 1GIG. That costs just $28 per month with Cpanel. The support is superb.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back