IT.COM

Which Oprating System?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hello Dear Fellows,

i am about to buy a dedicated server..
my websites requirements are PHPmyadmin + mysql also...some website requirements are Fantastico. I think these scripts are always built in a dedicate server..along 50+ more scripts..
But my question is
what operating system to run at a dedicated server.. as i have no experience.. so need your assistance..
Red Hat Linux 9.0, RHEL3, RHEL4, CentOS, or FreeBSD.!!!!!!
Which operating System should be installed and which one is prefferable.
thank you in advance for you suggesstion and assiatnce thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Centos 4.x, you will be most happy with it.

•••
Hi
I agree with Camron, use centos, its a good OS.

•••
Agree Centos is the best to go with as it is considered to be the most secure.

•••
I agree centos is the way to go.

•••
CentOS seems to be the choice, that would probably be my first recommendation. However, I am a fan of Fedora Core as well, though it's not on the list.

•••
I think CentOS is the best OS I have ever used.

•••
I like FreeBSD. Why do you all think that CenOS is the best?

•••
•••
Another vote for CentOS. ;)

•••
Could someone list the reasons for choosing CentOS over other Linux distros, or BSD distros for that matter? Just curious to see why CentOS is getting everyone's thumbs up :tu:

•••
My systems administrator always prefers FreeBSD (esp. with DA), but it doesn't work too well with cPanel. CentOS tends to be the most stable with it

•••
qwhois said:
Could someone list the reasons for choosing CentOS over other Linux distros, or BSD distros for that matter? Just curious to see why CentOS is getting everyone's thumbs up :tu:

I'm personally more used to CentOS, and like the way everything is setup. It's one of the more stable operating systems which is very flexible.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back