Dynadot

.in and .co.in used in Marathon events in India

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Recently was in India and participated in a 10Km race, part of the Skechers Chennai Performance Marathon. Its the second largest marathon (22,000+ runners) in the country (next to Mumbai). I was impressed with the growing emphasis on Fitness in India and seen a dramatic rise in Marathon events around the country. Running groups from several parts of Chennai were part of the event and the organization was on par with events here in the US. The event used MyRacePhotos.in , Veloscope.in for sharing the race photos, also Mumbai Marathon uses ProCam.in for their race results. Another event organized by InnerStrength.co.in is coming up in Feb in Chennai, just showing the usage of Country Code domains .in and .co.in and its rise in popularity. My performance at the race : time 45:55 and finished 44th / 12,000+ runners.

The number of eyeballs and visitors to such .in and .co.in sites in India are substantial, considering all runners end up using these sites. Quite frankly, I don't know how many other cctlds can truly compete with .in/.co.in combo in terms of visitor traffic and eyeballs (only a very select handfull of cctlds)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back