Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Important .be Issue Discovered

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Iravan

TSAS HostEstablished Member
Impact
109
Edit: Euro DNS Emails Found

I have discovered some really shocking things to me as a domainer about the registrars and Dns.be and their .be names.

I will be posting some emails I recived here... notice the differences


Hello

>

> I would liek to change my organization contact, for all my domains to the Domain Manager profile I have on the other contacts right now, how do I do this?

Umber

Hi



The control panel DETAILS of your EuroDNS account is for this details modification

Please modify and validate the new contact profile



Thanks for your interest in our services

Best wishes

EuroDNS support

Christian

I cannot modify the
Organization
contatacts and wish to modify them, how can do this... there is no modify button

Hi



Yes indeed



Please make this modification sending an email with a clear subject as ORGANIZATION CONTACT for MY .BE Domain Names

This message must contain the details of the new contact profile you want have (check the format of the contact profiles in your EuroDNS account)



Send it to [email protected] you will be invoiced with the related fees



Thanks for your interest in our services

Best regards

EuroDNS support

Christian

This seemed odd to me...


Contact form on nucleus.be

Name: Iravan
Email: *********@gmail.com

Phone:
Message: Hello I was wondering wether it would be ok to park our .be
domains, but not list them for sale, since that is againt the TOS Thanks
Iravan

Dear Sir,

All rules are displayed on our site.

Sincerely,
David

I do not see anything

please give me an simple yes or know answer on wether I am allowed to park my .be domains on sedo but not list them for sale

Thanks

Umber

Special conditions free .BE domainnames


Only the first year of new registrations is eligible. Renewals and transfers are not eligible.
You are only permitted to register a reasonable amount of domains for yourself or for your single customers. This will be monitored by DNS.BE and is subject to review through DNS.BE directly.
Warehousing and cyber squatting is not allowed.
In the event that this program is terminated by DNS.BE prior to expiration date, then the termination will automatically be passed on.
Only valid for first year of the registration.
This program is provided at the sole descretion of Nucleus bvba

Warehousing and cyber squatting is not allowed
Please give me a definition of this, as a definition is not available on your site

Umber

The ruling of warehousing is done by DNS.BE itself.

Domain warehousing according to them is gathering domains which are not in active use, with the sole purpose of making profit of the domain itself.

Sincerely,
David

Hmm ok

So I cannot park?

Also does foewarding the domain count as active use... like if i foreward umber.be to my profiel is that ok?

All the rulings ar emade by DNS.BE, case by case.
So it really depends on what names, how many etc... you have registered

Thank You

I will contact Dns.be citing your email and ask for the rules they use to govern wether .be names may be parked. Thanks

Umber

That Was My Contact with Nuclues... Now see what Dns.be has to say

Hello

I have enquired this with my registrar however received an inadequate response. On all my domains I am currently using the ICAAN accepted contacts of my organization. I would like to change the contacts of my .be domains to my organizations contact. In order to stay legal, I am obliged to change my contacts. This I believe is specified on dns.be. However, after requesting this from my registrar (eurodns) they told me that I should submit to them the new address, and they will send me an invoice on the charges. I found this very odd since throughout my time in the domain industry no company has ever made me pay money for changing my contacts, something that is required to maintain legality. Please let me know if this action of the eurodns staff was appropriate.

Best Regards

Umber
Webmaster ExitTraffic.us

Hi

Updating/changing contacts is for free - DNS is not invoicing anything to the agents.
However, an agent is allowed to invoice such actions to his customers.
Normally spoken it has to be mentioned in his general conditions.

Kind regards

Véronique Van der Borght
DNS BE

Hello

Thanks for your quick reply, I have double checked the registrars (euro DNS) general conditions and no where it is mentioned that there is a fee to update contacts. I am at loss of what do to, i request you to please give me advice on what to do to retain legality of these domains and stay with the conditions as set down by dns.be for .be domain names.

Also another concern of mine was the taking away for the .be domains. I contacted my registrar and was told that DNS.be was responsible for quarantining these domains. I would like to enquire on what are the grounds for quarantining the domain name. Also another question would be whether these domains, are allowed to be parked. I personally wish to see the traffic on my .be domains before considering paying for them.

Please enlighten me

Best Regards

Umber

Hi Umber

I can assure you DNS does not put domain names in quarantine. Only the agent who has the
names in his account can do so.
The reason for putting them in quarantine can only be explained by this agent.

A domain name in quarantine can be transferred towards another agent of your choice.
You will have to ask him to do so. You will find a list of those agents on our website
(www.dns.be - registered agents).
Perhaps you can find one who does not want to be paid at once.

Kind regards

Véronique Van der Borght
DNS BE


Nuclues Email

Contact form on nucleus.be

Name: Umber Dube
Email: *********@gmail.com

Phone:
Message: Hello

I was wondering if I could change the contacts of my domain names. I
would prefer the contacts to reflect the orgranization. I have tried
changing the contacts in my control panel but that does not seem to change the whois
information

please instruct me on how to do this

Thanks

Umber Dube

Dear Sir,

The owner of a .be domain name can only be changed with a TRADE domain procedure.
The price of this procedure is 17 euro.

These are the rules of DNS BE.

Regards,

Wouter Sergeyssels

Hmm This doesnt make any sense unless dns.be updated there terms?



I firstly contacted Dns.be because Eurodns was going to invoice me for changing my contacts. Which I found very very odd..


Now as you can see the registrar is saying that Dns.be says which domains can be quarantined on a case by case basis. However Dns.be say that the registrars wuarantine the domain.

This greatly distrubs me, perhaps someone can explain it better to me...

I think this issue needs to be looked into...

Glad to hear any opinions on the issues

Thanks

Iravan
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
edmarriner said:
this is from euroDNS:

8.1.3. It shall be the Customer’s responsibility to contact EuroDNS prior to initiation of the third Request for Documentation, using the Customer’s own resources and the means of communication described on the website, most notably the email address [email protected]. The Customer can use this opportunity to change his Contact Information.

it does not mension any charges!


Ya Thats the Thing.... I dunno whats going on

and btw in nuclues you can change the
Administrative contactperson and Technical contactperson

Then Do a Whois Search @ Dns.be - Nothing changed, that is visible
 
0
•••
I received this email from EuroDNS on Nov 25 (I am sure many others might as well) - it appears they may have realized the number of resellers that have taken advantage of this .BE offer and are making at least some attempt to make the names more moveable via internal push.
---------------------------------------------------
Domain Push" to another account
EuroDNS is proud to announce its new "Domain Push" service. For the last few days, the service has been in full swing and has already established itself as really popular feature with our customers.

The Push service is proving to be really useful to domaintraders or users that want to transfer domain names to other clients. It's introduction has eliminated the need to start a transfer if a domain needs to be moved to another EuroDNS client's account. You can find the Domain Push in the EuroDNS "My Account" section on the left side and is labeled "Internal Transfer".
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I think this might be a good start.....Anyway, just an FYI

Jim
 
0
•••
jaydub said:
I received this email from EuroDNS on Nov 25 (I am sure many others might as well) - it appears they may have realized the number of resellers that have taken advantage of this .BE offer and are making at least some attempt to make the names more moveable via internal push.
---------------------------------------------------
Domain Push" to another account
EuroDNS is proud to announce its new "Domain Push" service. For the last few days, the service has been in full swing and has already established itself as really popular feature with our customers.

The Push service is proving to be really useful to domaintraders or users that want to transfer domain names to other clients. It's introduction has eliminated the need to start a transfer if a domain needs to be moved to another EuroDNS client's account. You can find the Domain Push in the EuroDNS "My Account" section on the left side and is labeled "Internal Transfer".
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I think this might be a good start.....Anyway, just an FYI

Jim


I Didnt Know this! Thanks!

Uhh to bad most of mie are with nuclues :(

Thanks Though!
 
0
•••
I think (and hope I guess) that the other registrars are going to realize that the domainers are usually the ones that drive these sales/giveaways. The public doesn't usually have any idea that they are even happening. The domainers will put some content on the name...even if it is SEDO parking and any publicity will be a step in the right direction for a TLD looking for recognition.....
Screwing the domainers over is definitely not a "step in the right direction".

They will eventually figure this out.
 
0
•••
Have any of you gotten the eurodns push to actually work and is it free? Thanks
 
0
•••
Thank you very much Iravan,
I have taken 10 domains with no charge, and tried to forward it to sedo.com ,
It never happens, I have thought about it, and coudnt solve the problem,
Now I understand that,
Thank you really very much for these explanations
 
0
•••
Hmm Tommorow I will try this free push thing... make a new account with the details I want to use... and pust the domains to that account... If that works it will be great... hopefully nuclues will follow suit and add free push to their things to :)
 
0
•••
If you do this, will you tell us ?
(changing dns names for .be)
Thank you.
 
0
•••
I firstly contacted Dns.be because Eurodns was going to invoice me for changing my contacts. Which I found very very odd..
Hi:

I believe I saw somewhere on eurodns page regarding the charge if you change your dns (probably the faq or question/answer section) when registering for my .be domain.

The dns change fee together with the renewal rate set in euro currency made me decided to register this free .be domain with godaddy! Well, you all may think that I'm crazy, but after I learned of all the charges on many things that other registrars don't usually charge, it's better off buying the domain through the big name with reliable policy. At least in my case, where I have all my domains registered there and I also intend to keep this particular .be domain after the first year and may develop it later and host it somewhere else, and etc. So with all these fees mentioned, I decided to register it through godaddy.

Well, that's in my opinion.

oh..i forgot to add that i paid the full rate deducted by $1 coupon, so I paid a bit more than US$10 on this particular.be domain..Crazy?!? :imho:
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Well...

I tried pushign between accoutn but it retained the past contacts... maybe these will be updated shortly if not I will send an email to EuroDNS asking them to update as soon as possible

Update!

Added Another Email dialouge with Nuclues...
 
0
•••
UPDATE!!!

I contacted Nuclues and they said that they would allow free push as well :)

Things are strating to look better

even though there is still mass confusion and or chaos between dns.be and registrars!

I will let you know how it goes!
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back