IT.COM

Belgium domain (.be) Whois data issue

NameSilo
Watch
Dear NamePros members,

I'm very worry about my .be domains. I've bought them about 1,5 years ago, most of them are forwarding to facebook profile or parked to my own 403 page.

10 days ago, I've received an email from DNS.be about whois data incorrect.

Here is the email:
Dear registrant,

DNS.be has found out that the WHOIS data for the domain name
listed above are incomplete or erroneous.

Article 8,a,1Β°, of our terms & conditions that applies to all registrants of a
.be domain, mentions clearly that the registrant has the obligation to
guarantee that "all statements made during the extend of the use of right and
the term of the registration are complete and accurate". The terms & conditions
also state in article 5 that the registrant must have a functioning email
address.

You can verify the terms & conditions on the website of DNS.be:
http://www.dns.be/en/library/documents/enduser_terms_conditions

Therefore, I would like to invite you to verify the data through
our β€œwhois” functionality on www.dns.be (please give in your domain
name in the search field on top of the page) and contact the registrar
that is in charge of the management of your domain to correct the
concerned data where they are wrong or incomplete. We would also like to invite
you to deliver all useful documents that can contribute to prove the accuracy
of your address data to DNS.be by mail.

I must inform you that in conformity with article 3,d, of the terms &
conditions, DNS.be will revoke (=delete) the domain name if you do not
comply with the terms & conditions within 14 days from the sending of
this message.

Sincerely yours,
Miet Huyghebaert
Administrative Staff

DNS.be vzw/asbl - Ubicenter - Philipssite 5 - bus 13 - B-3001 Leuven
T +32 16 28 49 70 - [email protected]

As you could see, they gave me 14 days to correct my whois data, they stated that I was using incorrect whois data and non-working email address (!?), I did reply them right the way but still haven't heard back from them.

I did send them 4 emails, 3 to [email protected] (2 using whois email address, 1 using my gmail address) and 1 to [email protected].

I afraid that they think my domaims are valuable and make these things up to revoke these domains?

Hope I could solve this issue with your help :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Go and get your whois information correct.
Just as the email states.

Could be, if not a Belgium contact, then you can not have it?

•••
Go and get your whois information correct.
Just as the email states.

Could be, if not a Belgium contact, then you can not have it?

My Whois data is correct, and .be domain doesn't retrict to Belgium contact :(

•••
Were you able to sort out your issue?

I'm having similar problem. But I already lost control of my domain, due to the summer holiday I was able to react only on the last day. I checked and saved whois information, contacted DNS.be and then next morning my domain had disappeared from my control panel. I've sent emails to three different email addresses but they do not bother to reply. My registrar says they cannot help at all and I should contact DNS.be. I'll try to call them if there's no reply in the morning. Their team seems to be large enough to be able to handle emails in reasonable time.

Last edited:
•••
Were you able to sort out your issue?

I'm having similar problem. But I already lost control of my domain, due to the summer holiday I was able to react only on the last day. I checked and saved whois information, contacted DNS.be and then next morning my domain had disappeared from my control panel. I've sent emails to three different email addresses but they do not bother to reply. My registrar says they cannot help at all and I should contact DNS.be. I'll try to call them if there's no reply in the morning. Their team seems to be large enough to be able to handle emails in reasonable time.

No, it's 14 days now and they haven't replied any of my emails. I've sent about 7 emails to diffence email addresses found on DNS.be website :(

•••
Experienced the same with our .be domains, they never replied our emails, now domains are in quarantine, after 20 days they replied "asking for whois confirmation" , we sent our company documentation and they said all is OK, but now they are trying to charge 50 EUR per domain.

Looks DNS.be is trying to cheat customers and grab additional 50 EUR per domain.

•••
Experienced the same with our .be domains, they never replied our emails, now domains are in quarantine, after 20 days they replied "asking for whois confirmation" , we sent our company documentation and they said all is OK, but now they are trying to charge 50 EUR per domain.

Looks DNS.be is trying to cheat customers and grab additional 50 EUR per domain.

Well, I sent my drive license right away without any reply back from them. In day 15, they said that all domain will be fine and won't be revoked :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back