Domain Empire

I'm SO excited, I made $1.13 parking in 24 hours

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sjpals

Yeah, this is meTop Member
Impact
I am just so stupidly excited!

I put 34 sites on Bodis last night. It's been about 24 hours, and I have made $1.13. This may not be much to write home about, but its $1.13 more than my other sites have made sitting on market places.

I just really needed to tell SOMEONE!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A) idiots typing stuff into a browser and adding .com or whatever tld rather than using a search engine
Hi

you should show more gratitude and respect for those "idiots" who still use the address bar.
as type-in traffic has a value all to it's own.

imo....

•••
Great!
Can you tell us a bit more about those sites. Are they all .coms or mix of other extensions? Do they contain hyphen or not? Are those keyword domains or short brandable ones?

•••
Wow. I never had good experience with Bodis (or any other domain parking). My best record last year only around $50 a year (from ~100 domains), but it turns out that almost all of that $50 comes from only one domain that previously built and still has traffic. lol.

Does your $1.13/day come from all of those 34 domains? Or just a few of it with a good history of its previous site? Or perhaps, generic traffic?
Its not $1.13 a day, its just $1.13 so far!! and it was a click on one domain.
Someone else asked me a similar questions via pm, so ill post my response below:

Hi, I’m very new to it. To my knowledge, Parking relies on
A) idiots typing stuff into a browser and adding .com or whatever tld rather than using a search engine
B) the domain is a strong enough keyword that people will look at the ads and then click on them (as you get paid for clicks not views).
I have nearly all .coms
I bought them with an intent to use for either e-commerce or blogs (so no crappy typos or brand encroaching domains). But some crap keywords. They are parked just to see if they get traffic.
They mostly have some search volume and back links. Mostly expired domains or bought at auction (I’m poor, so they are not great).
Hope that’s helpful and if you know more than me, pass your knowledge back

•••
sorry, I didn’t mean any disrespect.

In that case, you should've said "highly respected idiots", LOL.

Joke apart, it's not really idiots typing random names on the address bar, it's often misspelled names, auto corrects, misspelled links, old links and not to mention people who are checking if a domain name is available or developed or not - for good reason. So many of those "idiots" can be domainers and new site owners as well. It's a planet of almost 8 Billion people. That is a lot of people with lots and lots of different view points.

•••
Current earnings

July 13th-31st - $2.22
August - $1.59
September - $3.36

I have 139 domains (removed a few to develop sites on, and added a few new ones. 4 are G Faillisted. Only 17 of them made any revenue.
Thanks for the updates. Bodis may be having some challenges due to the adblockers and the economy. They did indicate that they will have ad maximization tools in place by the end of the year. Perhaps there is hope on the horizon.
Incidentally, if you're curious, you could test the various adblockers out there, to see how they affect Bodis. I tested this yesterday, and was gratified to see that, instead of a blank page, the domains resolved to the Dan domain for sale landers. In this case, testing UBlock origin, it did clearly interfere with any parking ad revenue, but not the domain sale link. An, it automatically went to the parked domain-for-sale page, without any click being necessary.

•••
Everyone starts there in the beginning. The next goal when starting to get a few dollars is to make it to the $20 payout each month. Look at the domains that are making money and research what makes them different than the ones that do not produce. Once you figure out the formula, you can spot them pretty quickly.

•••
I FINALLY EARNED $10!!!
(that's in total over 4 months, but still, i'm super happy with that).

•••
Than its not worth it because ,if you have for sale at afternic or sedo and sell through their landers you may pay 20 and 25 percent instead of 10 and 15 percent if you sell without landing ,and you wont have the network of hundreds of partners to see the domains
Hi

i park some names on bodis/sedo and still get sales on the marketplaces or via email.
when/if an interested party lands on the ppc page, they can make offer via the sales banner or link.

by listing your domains on all markets, the chance of a sale is still likely, even when not using that platforms nameservers.

also any commission fee can be absorbed into price on marketplace or you can always ask buyer to pay it when negotiating via email to escrow.com or chatbox @Dan com.

any ppc earned is considered dividends paid from the portfolio, while waiting for next inquiry.

imo....

•••
Its finally been a WHOLE YEAR!!!! and ive found a new way that I like to look at them. I like to see which domains are earning their keep, so have put how many domains earn revenue out of the total domains.

July 13th-31st 2022 - $2.22 (4/96 eg 4 out of 96 domains made money)
August - $1.59 (8/107)
September - $3.36 (11/114)
October - $4.10 (10/119)
November - $3.68 (8/148)
December - $1.66 (7/147)
January 2023- $3.74 (8/129)
February - $2.99 (8/124)
March - $12.41 (7/174)
April - $4.16 (7/162)
May - $5.37 (10/160)
June - $4.14 (8/155)
July - $5.00 (9/147)

As you can see, it stays around the 7-9 domains making money, but its not the exact same domains every month.
I frequently do a tidy and delete domains I have sold. I thought that this would totally ruin the reports, but it doesnt seem to.

For the year (13th of july 2022 - 12th of july 2023)
I have made a grand total of.... $50.55
There was a total of 196 domains
17, 043 people visited my domains (which is amazing considering there is no advertising and barely any backlinks).
The most any domain made for the year was $10.34 and it was the only one to cover its reg fees.
145 domains made nothing. 44 of my domains made 1c or more. Only 7 made over $1.

Overall its been an interesting experiment. Considering that the domains were mostly bought for ecommerce or projects and not for parking, then I am quite impressed that I made some money for doing nothing. I deliberately bought some I thought would be great for parking and they havent been 🤷‍♀️ I have no real idea what I am doing, just tried a few things to see if something would stick.

I'll keep going with the parking. My plan is to turn as many of the EMDs as possible into websites or at least my own landers like colourmeanings.com (like thats actually going to happen :ROFL:). Too many plans, not enough time, so, until I manage to make more time to do them, they will all sit in parking or in the state some are, which are resolving to a wordpress installation and nothing else done!!

While they are still on parking, ill still try and remember to report them as i'm sure some of you may be interested.

Last edited:
•••
400 per year if happens consistently. Not much, but good if it doesn't prevent sales.

Epik used to have ppc. I would try it on some domains if it was still around. (because payout would be easy: just stay there).

•••
Thanks. Most of them were not bought with parking in mind, so it no suprise which ones make money and which dont
You're smart. I had domains for many years that I unwittingly let GoDaddy park without any income whatsoever to myself. Dumb me. All that parking revenue lost. Bodis is a good choice, and will probably be even better by the end of the year.

Last edited:
•••
I FINALLY EARNED $10!!!
(that's in total over 4 months, but still, i'm super happy with that).
Congrats! Perhaps, when the keyword maximization kicks in by the end of the year, you'll really see some even better income. Every little bit helps, no doubt.

•••
****UPDATE***
I thought some people may appreciate an update (or maybe not, lol), but here it is anyway.

Current earnings

July 13th-31st - $2.22
August - $1.59
September - $3.36
October - $4.10

I have 141 domains (added 2 since last month, I have REALLY curbed my domain buying!!) 4 are G Faillisted. Only 21 of them made any revenue (that was 17 last month).

•••
August 2023 update

July 13th-31st 2022 - $2.22 (4/96 eg 4 out of 96 domains made money)
August - $1.59 (8/107)
September - $3.36 (11/114)
October - $4.10 (10/119)
November - $3.68 (8/148)
December - $1.66 (7/147)
January 2023- $3.74 (8/129)
February - $2.99 (8/124)
March - $12.41 (7/174)
April - $4.16 (7/162)
May - $5.37 (10/160)
June - $4.14 (8/155)
July - $5.00 (9/147)
August - $4.76 (8/154)

•••
congrats! More to come, im sure. :)

•••
Congrats Sjpals and welcome to the niche of domain parking!

•••
Don't make too much. If you start making a few bucks a day they will most likely suspend you or shut you down. If they think you are cheating, you will be shut down and thats it.

•••
would've probably been 5.13 two months ago. All parking revenue is down for everyone. Some big players got shut down.
Is parking revenue down or pay per click down as well? I have noticed getting clicks on the same domains from the US that don't pay anymore what they used to pay a few months ago.
Overall, I'm steadily increasing my revenue each month, but it's a slow process and one of my 350 domains makes almost half of the revenue.

Last edited:
•••
Is parking revenue down or pay per click down as well? I have noticed getting clicks on the same domains from the US that don't pay anymore what they used to pay a few months ago.
Overall, I'm steadily increasing my revenue each month, but it's a slow process and one of my 350 domains makes almost half of the revenue.
everything is down and its common that a few names will make most of the money even if you have 5k names

•••
*****update*****
It’s been 10 days, and I have made $2.16!
This has been made from 4 domains. 3/4 of the domains have at least 1 visit, but 0 clicks.

•••
I bought a typo domain, connected it to a product and made a couple of thousands. No more details 😬

I also parked one domain (out of the 120+ I have) with Sedo and made €0.20 from 11 clicks in about a month 😁

Last edited:
•••
****1 Month update ****
For anyone who is interested, I thought you may like an update.
I have been putting all my domains into parking, regardless of whether I think they are potentially good for parking or not, just as an experiment.

-I have 129 domains (they were not all added at the same time).

-All of the domains have received at least 1 visit.

-The most visited has 83 visits in the month. Its not one I expected to get any visits as it only has 23 spammy backlinks and its not a keyword. Having said that, google keyword planner does say it gets over 100k searches a month and a bit of further research reveals that it may be a typo for the first name of an Arab singer. More research is needed!

-I have a couple of 'keyword' domains, and there is one that google keyword planner said its average monthly searches are 1k-10k, but this has only gotten 5 visits. I would have expected this type of domains to get more visits.

-Only 6 domains have had clicks on the ads (which is what earns the money!). 2 are surprising as they are not really keyword domains, so no really obvious ads to show.

-17 clicks in total, Earnings per click range between 0c (yes I got $0 for one click!!) and 44c and the grand total for the month is $2.42

I'm enjoying it as an experiment and will continue for a while. I'll report back again if people are interested in the progress.

•••
•••
Congrats! I remember, I was ecstatic too when I made my first dollar through parking lol. It is indeed rather magical to make money seemingly out of thin air, the amount is irrelevant :xf.smile:
I didn't make a single cent for a long time though, I tried various platforms to no avail, including Bodis. I was new to domaining and was starting to think that my domains were just not good enough for parking and then I tried Voodoo and within the first few days made my first few cents.
Different parking companies will assess certain domain names differently and display different types of ads, some may work better than others. It's definitely a bit of a hassle moving all your domains from one platform to another but sometimes it pays off :xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back