IT.COM

I'm SO excited, I made $1.13 parking in 24 hours

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sjpals

Yeah, this is meTop Member
Impact
I am just so stupidly excited!

I put 34 sites on Bodis last night. It's been about 24 hours, and I have made $1.13. This may not be much to write home about, but its $1.13 more than my other sites have made sitting on market places.

I just really needed to tell SOMEONE!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
congrats! More to come, im sure. :)

•••
•••
I am just so stupidly excited!

I put 34 sites on Bodis last night. It's been about 24 hours, and I have made $1.13. This may not be much to write home about, but its $1.13 more than my other sites have made sitting on market places.

I just really needed to tell SOMEONE!!
Congratulations dear :)

•••
•••
Great!
Can you tell us a bit more about those sites. Are they all .coms or mix of other extensions? Do they contain hyphen or not? Are those keyword domains or short brandable ones?

•••
Congrats Sjpals and welcome to the niche of domain parking!

•••
Wow. I never had good experience with Bodis (or any other domain parking). My best record last year only around $50 a year (from ~100 domains), but it turns out that almost all of that $50 comes from only one domain that previously built and still has traffic. lol.

Does your $1.13/day come from all of those 34 domains? Or just a few of it with a good history of its previous site? Or perhaps, generic traffic?

Last edited:
•••
Wow. I never had good experience with Bodis (or any other domain parking). My best record last year only around $50 a year (from ~100 domains), but it turns out that almost all of that $50 comes from only one domain that previously built and still has traffic. lol.

Does your $1.13/day come from all of those 34 domains? Or just a few of it with a good history of its previous site? Or perhaps, generic traffic?
Its not $1.13 a day, its just $1.13 so far!! and it was a click on one domain.
Someone else asked me a similar questions via pm, so ill post my response below:

Hi, I’m very new to it. To my knowledge, Parking relies on
A) idiots typing stuff into a browser and adding .com or whatever tld rather than using a search engine
B) the domain is a strong enough keyword that people will look at the ads and then click on them (as you get paid for clicks not views).
I have nearly all .coms
I bought them with an intent to use for either e-commerce or blogs (so no crappy typos or brand encroaching domains). But some crap keywords. They are parked just to see if they get traffic.
They mostly have some search volume and back links. Mostly expired domains or bought at auction (I’m poor, so they are not great).
Hope that’s helpful and if you know more than me, pass your knowledge back

•••
Great!
Can you tell us a bit more about those sites. Are they all .coms or mix of other extensions? Do they contain hyphen or not? Are those keyword domains or short brandable ones?
Mostly .coms
I never buy with hyphens
Mixture of keyword and brandables

I would presume that as parking relies on type in traffic mainly that neither hyphens or brandables would be good

•••
Congrats Sjpals and welcome to the niche of domain parking!
Thanks, I am excited to be trying something different and hope that my $1.13 wasnt a one off.

My domains arent really that suited to parking (I dont think), but have moved the rest, so a total of 114 to parking. I think that only one or two domains will do well, but ill see. Just figuring it out as I go.

I presume if I am looking for 'parkable' domains in the future, I would really want to aim for ones with existing backlinks and search volume and a likely hood of being typed in. Is that correct?

•••
would've probably been 5.13 two months ago. All parking revenue is down for everyone. Some big players got shut down.

•••
Don't make too much. If you start making a few bucks a day they will most likely suspend you or shut you down. If they think you are cheating, you will be shut down and thats it.

•••
would've probably been 5.13 two months ago. All parking revenue is down for everyone. Some big players got shut down.
Is parking revenue down or pay per click down as well? I have noticed getting clicks on the same domains from the US that don't pay anymore what they used to pay a few months ago.
Overall, I'm steadily increasing my revenue each month, but it's a slow process and one of my 350 domains makes almost half of the revenue.

Last edited:
•••
Is parking revenue down or pay per click down as well? I have noticed getting clicks on the same domains from the US that don't pay anymore what they used to pay a few months ago.
Overall, I'm steadily increasing my revenue each month, but it's a slow process and one of my 350 domains makes almost half of the revenue.
everything is down and its common that a few names will make most of the money even if you have 5k names

•••
I started on July 13th

•••
Don't make too much. If you start making a few bucks a day they will most likely suspend you or shut you down. If they think you are cheating, you will be shut down and thats it.
Oh, haha, it’s not going to be too much. It’s certainly not even a dollar a day!!

•••
*****update*****
It’s been 10 days, and I have made $2.16!
This has been made from 4 domains. 3/4 of the domains have at least 1 visit, but 0 clicks.

•••
A) idiots typing stuff into a browser and adding .com or whatever tld rather than using a search engine
Hi

you should show more gratitude and respect for those "idiots" who still use the address bar.
as type-in traffic has a value all to it's own.

imo....

•••
Hi

you should show more gratitude and respect for those "idiots" who still use the address bar.
as type-in traffic has a value all to it's own.

imo....
sorry, I didn’t mean any disrespect.

•••
•••
•••
sorry, I didn’t mean any disrespect.

In that case, you should've said "highly respected idiots", LOL.

Joke apart, it's not really idiots typing random names on the address bar, it's often misspelled names, auto corrects, misspelled links, old links and not to mention people who are checking if a domain name is available or developed or not - for good reason. So many of those "idiots" can be domainers and new site owners as well. It's a planet of almost 8 Billion people. That is a lot of people with lots and lots of different view points.

•••
I bought a typo domain, connected it to a product and made a couple of thousands. No more details 😬

I also parked one domain (out of the 120+ I have) with Sedo and made €0.20 from 11 clicks in about a month 😁

Last edited:
•••
****1 Month update ****
For anyone who is interested, I thought you may like an update.
I have been putting all my domains into parking, regardless of whether I think they are potentially good for parking or not, just as an experiment.

-I have 129 domains (they were not all added at the same time).

-All of the domains have received at least 1 visit.

-The most visited has 83 visits in the month. Its not one I expected to get any visits as it only has 23 spammy backlinks and its not a keyword. Having said that, google keyword planner does say it gets over 100k searches a month and a bit of further research reveals that it may be a typo for the first name of an Arab singer. More research is needed!

-I have a couple of 'keyword' domains, and there is one that google keyword planner said its average monthly searches are 1k-10k, but this has only gotten 5 visits. I would have expected this type of domains to get more visits.

-Only 6 domains have had clicks on the ads (which is what earns the money!). 2 are surprising as they are not really keyword domains, so no really obvious ads to show.

-17 clicks in total, Earnings per click range between 0c (yes I got $0 for one click!!) and 44c and the grand total for the month is $2.42

I'm enjoying it as an experiment and will continue for a while. I'll report back again if people are interested in the progress.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back