IT.COM

discuss I'm pretty sure I beat Snapnames!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
In today's drop, my API scripts picked up a domain that was previously owned by Buy Domains. It's previous registrar was listed as Snapnames 42. All other domains were taken including the .biz and .info

I'm fairly sure I got really lucky and beat numerous people to the drop! But I guess I will never know for sure...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
In today's drop, my API scripts picked up a domain that was previously owned by Buy Domains. It's previous registrar was listed as Snapnames 42. All other domains were taken including the .biz and .info

I'm fairly sure I got really lucky and beat numerous people to the drop! But I guess I will never know for sure...

The chances are low

It doesn't matter who was the previous owner or registrar

Easy to test, place backorders at Snapnames, Dropcatch and also use your script

Last edited:
•••
Every day, millions of threads are running using API's trying to beat DropCatch and SN. There is not one case of names that we know more than one person wants that went to anyone other than them. If dropcatch or snapnames are after the name, your api script would not get it even if you used a billion threads running on quantum computers of the future. I am not trying to hurt you, I am trying to protect you from thinking your api script can catch a name they want and then being sad when you see they got it.

•••
Every day, millions of threads are running using API's trying to beat DropCatch and SN. There is not one case of names that we know more than one person wants that went to anyone other than them. If dropcatch or snapnames are after the name, your api script would not get it even if you used a billion threads running on quantum computers of the future. I am not trying to hurt you, I am trying to protect you from thinking your api script can catch a name they want and then being sad when you see they got it.

Here's a thought: what if we all use API scripts instead of their service, then they won't get any (unless they add the names themselves) and whoever gets it, will get it for reg fee! :xf.love:

I know I know, that's wishful thinking. But not impossible :xf.smile:

•••
You got a great deal.

Generally, API is lower than EPP. Further more, there are a matrix of EPPs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back