Domain Empire

Just beat SnapNames

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
UPDATED UPDATED!!!LOOK LOOK

Look at HollywoodProducer.net right now - its available and has a snap on it.

AM I WRONG??

I dont do to many registrations but I though I might be
able to resell this one kind of quick. Perhaps a little bit
of cash.

As of right now, someone actually has a Snap on it at SnapNames. I guess this shows how slow they are.
Not sure if I will use them again.

Most ext taken-

PortlandWebDesign.net

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How did you get the name, manually? If so, way to go beating the snappers!

•••
do you mean using another backorder service and beat snapnames.

•••
that is sad if you were able to hand reg it.

•••
Its kinda of hard really to register a domain in trying to beat SnapNames. If you knew the exact times when the domains were dropped then maybe you would have a chance. Not sure about that though. :p

•••
Its even harder beating Pool :)

Mike

•••
Actually I had plenty of time - I look at deleteddomains daily usually and happen to found it. Did a few tests on availablity and other names taken. Then checked out snapnames and noticed someone had a lock on it and was next in line. BUT...Whenever I checked the registered, serveral actually, it was available.
so I registered it.

I noticed today that the person who wanted it unmarked it last night. I beat um manually.

•••
wow!! lol snap names sucks no wonder they were did a 17% lay off on jobs

•••
lOOK!!

HollywoodProducer.net - its available and has snap.
right now.

Am i missing something?

•••
A domain name that is available for standard registration will show up on the SnapNames site as unavailable for back-order, making it appear as if the SnapBack position is taken on that name. We do this to prevent users from placing SnapBacks on available names, and essentially buying a registration from us for $69.

•••
Very nice indeed Identity!!
Good job, hehe, gives me some hope beating the big companies manually haha!

•••
None of my snapbacks ever won me a drop so I sold them off. Pool, Buydomains, and namewinner beat my snapbacks every time.

•••
That sounds and looks right.
My bad. Does everyone know this except me?

The confusion is that "--" is used for a currently registered name.
So when I see "--" and "--" I come to the assumption that it is registered and has a registered snap also. Which if it was register and had a ligit snap would look like the exact same as if it was not. So if a customer visits he/she really doesnt know if the name is registered or not thus making a customer to leave the site and go to a register to do research and figure it out.. if they know what they are doing, however, they could just leave if they dont know. One of the downfalls I guess.

•••
It's not as clear as it could be, that's for sure. Direct registration capability will return to our site at some point in the relatively near future, alleviating this sort of issue.

In the mean time, I'm going to see if there are any measures we can take right now to address this -- sorry for the confusion; hope those names you reg'd are still worthwhile for you :)

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by Kjel
A domain name that is available for standard registration will show up on the SnapNames site as unavailable for back-order, making it appear as if the SnapBack position is taken on that name. We do this to prevent users from placing SnapBacks on available names, and essentially buying a registration from us for $69.

What's the difference if they want to pay $69 to essentially register a domain? That sounds like its good for your company.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back