NameSilo

ILLEGAL TRANSACTION FROM SAV.COM

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Alex Solomon

Established Member
Impact
457
I just got an unauthorized charge from Sav.com by just placing a bid on Petoza.com ($10.69).. Despite the bad reviews and comments from fellow domainers about Sav.com I decided to try out their auctions and domain service but I’m honestly very disappointed and worried if this is how easy they take unauthorized transactions on your card without you even winning a contest.. now I have been outbidded and scared to make another bid.. I hope this is not some shitty scam but this is definitely a shitty registrar and the worst I’ve ever experienced.
 

Attachments

  • E68C57A0-4E1B-4994-8B86-906C22D4C2F2.png
    E68C57A0-4E1B-4994-8B86-906C22D4C2F2.png
    368.1 KB · Views: 391
  • D4298981-4928-4AFA-B9D2-715029D0D01B.jpeg
    D4298981-4928-4AFA-B9D2-715029D0D01B.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 320
9
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Thanks for the info. This is absurd imo. Why should someone be charged for every single bid? And without winning the auction.

I had a bad experience with them before because I decided to try their auction and sell a name there. Someone placed a bid of 10+ USD. After the auction ended, I got this from sav.

My worst experience ever with a domain marketplace.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20220404-014045.jpg
    Screenshot_20220404-014045.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 192
1
•••
Thanks for the info. This is absurd imo. Why should someone be charged for every single bid? And without winning the auction.

I had a bad experience with them before because I decided to try their auction and sell a name there. Someone placed a bid of 10+ USD. After the auction ended, I got this from sav.

My worst experience ever with a domain marketplace.
Sav.com is really a terrible service... I think that name was probably in auction and according to their terms you can’t cancel an auction and no reserve but wondering how this sold for less than a dollar. I just didn’t know it was this bad at sav. Well, they must surely refund my money because it would make them “scammers”..if not to anyone else, at least to me..
 
4
•••
1
•••
To delete your Sav account, log in to help.sav.com to submit a support ticket. Please include the following in your support ticket: A copy of your government issued ID. A copy of the credit card used to purchase the domain with everything redacted except the name on the card and the last 4 digits of the card number.

This alerted me
 
2
•••
To delete your Sav account, log in to help.sav.com to submit a support ticket. Please include the following in your support ticket: A copy of your government issued ID. A copy of the credit card used to purchase the domain with everything redacted except the name on the card and the last 4 digits of the card number.

This alerted me
I have to submit my ID to delete my account ?
 
0
•••
count up
 
5
•••
I don’t understand.. why do I have to provide card details when they already have it and also carry out unauthorized transaction on the card. Also what do I need to submit my ID for ?
 
0
•••
we'll find out soon
 
1
•••
Hello all. What the OP is most likely describing is a pre-authorization on their credit card. We do this to ensure new bidders have the funds available to pay for their bid should they win. The minute a bidder is outbid, we remove the pre-auth. With PayPal this reflects in your account immediately. With CC, it can take a few business days. We do try to make this process very clear by adding this notice on every bid confirmation screen:

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 8.19.34 AM.png


We try to work hard to make Sav's policies very clear and transparent and will continue to see how we can make this even more clear in the future.
 
1
•••
Hello all. What the OP is most likely describing is a pre-authorization on their credit card. We do this to ensure new bidders have the funds available to pay for their bid should they win. The minute a bidder is outbid, we remove the pre-auth. With PayPal this reflects in your account immediately. With CC, it can take a few business days. We do try to make this process very clear by adding this notice on every bid confirmation screen:

Show attachment 213519

We try to work hard to make Sav's policies very clear and transparent and will continue to see how we can make this even more clear in the future.
Charging for every bid on my credit card .. I bid $10 was charged and outbided then I bid another $12 and get charged again till I get charged severally for a domain... this is the most unfriendly platform and worst domain service ever no wonder people always say bad things about Sav
 
0
•••
Hello all. What the OP is most likely describing is a pre-authorization on their credit card. We do this to ensure new bidders have the funds available to pay for their bid should they win. The minute a bidder is outbid, we remove the pre-auth. With PayPal this reflects in your account immediately. With CC, it can take a few business days. We do try to make this process very clear by adding this notice on every bid confirmation screen:

Show attachment 213519

We try to work hard to make Sav's policies very clear and transparent and will continue to see how we can make this even more clear in the future.
This wasn’t clear to me at first and I’m sure they’ll be others like me .. for me I’m done with sav auctions and would move my names.. thanks for the worst experience in my domaining
 
1
•••
Hi

it may just be the pre-charge for your initial bid, but the amount is not released unless you are only bidder and win the name.
each time you bid higher, the same thing will occur

imo...

Hello all. What the OP is most likely describing is a pre-authorization on their credit card. We do this to ensure new bidders have the funds available to pay for their bid should they win. The minute a bidder is outbid, we remove the pre-auth. With PayPal this reflects in your account immediately. With CC, it can take a few business days. We do try to make this process very clear by adding this notice on every bid confirmation screen:

Show attachment 213519

We try to work hard to make Sav's policies very clear and transparent and will continue to see how we can make this even more clear in the future.

This wasn’t clear to me at first and I’m sure they’ll be others like me .. for me I’m done with sav auctions and would move my names.. thanks for the worst experience in my domaining

imo...
 
0
•••
I have to submit my ID to delete my account ?
That's common nowadays, with most companies. Due to new laws like GDRP, they are forced to do this.

If I had a service and you would ask this I will also have to request proof of ID.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

Scheduled posts now show a small calendar icon
When NamePros posts something for you on a schedule, you will now see a small calendar icon before its date. Move your mouse over the...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back