IT.COM

ILLEGAL TRANSACTION FROM SAV.COM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Alex Solomon

Established Member
Impact
I just got an unauthorized charge from Sav.com by just placing a bid on Petoza.com ($10.69).. Despite the bad reviews and comments from fellow domainers about Sav.com I decided to try out their auctions and domain service but I’m honestly very disappointed and worried if this is how easy they take unauthorized transactions on your card without you even winning a contest.. now I have been outbidded and scared to make another bid.. I hope this is not some shitty scam but this is definitely a shitty registrar and the worst I’ve ever experienced.

Attachments

• E68C57A0-4E1B-4994-8B86-906C22D4C2F2.png
    E68C57A0-4E1B-4994-8B86-906C22D4C2F2.png
    368.1 KB · Views: 139
  • D4298981-4928-4AFA-B9D2-715029D0D01B.jpeg
    D4298981-4928-4AFA-B9D2-715029D0D01B.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 139
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I don’t understand.. why do I have to provide card details when they already have it and also carry out unauthorized transaction on the card. Also what do I need to submit my ID for ?

•••
•••
Hello all. What the OP is most likely describing is a pre-authorization on their credit card. We do this to ensure new bidders have the funds available to pay for their bid should they win. The minute a bidder is outbid, we remove the pre-auth. With PayPal this reflects in your account immediately. With CC, it can take a few business days. We do try to make this process very clear by adding this notice on every bid confirmation screen:

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 8.19.34 AM.png

We try to work hard to make Sav's policies very clear and transparent and will continue to see how we can make this even more clear in the future.

•••
Hello all. What the OP is most likely describing is a pre-authorization on their credit card. We do this to ensure new bidders have the funds available to pay for their bid should they win. The minute a bidder is outbid, we remove the pre-auth. With PayPal this reflects in your account immediately. With CC, it can take a few business days. We do try to make this process very clear by adding this notice on every bid confirmation screen:

Show attachment 213519

We try to work hard to make Sav's policies very clear and transparent and will continue to see how we can make this even more clear in the future.
Charging for every bid on my credit card .. I bid $10 was charged and outbided then I bid another $12 and get charged again till I get charged severally for a domain... this is the most unfriendly platform and worst domain service ever no wonder people always say bad things about Sav

•••

Show attachment 213519

This wasn’t clear to me at first and I’m sure they’ll be others like me .. for me I’m done with sav auctions and would move my names.. thanks for the worst experience in my domaining

•••
Hi

it may just be the pre-charge for your initial bid, but the amount is not released unless you are only bidder and win the name.
each time you bid higher, the same thing will occur

imo...

Show attachment 213519

This wasn’t clear to me at first and I’m sure they’ll be others like me .. for me I’m done with sav auctions and would move my names.. thanks for the worst experience in my domaining

imo...

•••
I have to submit my ID to delete my account ?
That's common nowadays, with most companies. Due to new laws like GDRP, they are forced to do this.

If I had a service and you would ask this I will also have to request proof of ID.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back