IT.COM

ILLEGAL TRANSACTION FROM SAV.COM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Alex Solomon

Established Member
Impact
I just got an unauthorized charge from Sav.com by just placing a bid on Petoza.com ($10.69).. Despite the bad reviews and comments from fellow domainers about Sav.com I decided to try out their auctions and domain service but I’m honestly very disappointed and worried if this is how easy they take unauthorized transactions on your card without you even winning a contest.. now I have been outbidded and scared to make another bid.. I hope this is not some shitty scam but this is definitely a shitty registrar and the worst I’ve ever experienced.

Attachments

• E68C57A0-4E1B-4994-8B86-906C22D4C2F2.png
    E68C57A0-4E1B-4994-8B86-906C22D4C2F2.png
    368.1 KB · Views: 137
  • D4298981-4928-4AFA-B9D2-715029D0D01B.jpeg
    D4298981-4928-4AFA-B9D2-715029D0D01B.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 138
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

it may just be the pre-charge for your initial bid, but the amount is not released unless you are only bidder and win the name.
each time you bid higher, the same thing will occur

imo...

•••
Hi

it may just be the pre-charge for your initial bid, but the amount is not released unless you are only bidder and win the name.
each time you bid higher, the same thing will occur

imo...
Unauthorized transaction on my card is a fraudulent activity and I do not appreciate that also I don’t see where I agreed to that.. I only placed a bid, I didn’t win the auction. Already contacting support to have my funds back to my card..

•••
Unauthorized transaction on my card is a fraudulent activity and I do not appreciate that also I don’t see where I agreed to that.. I only placed a bid, I didn’t win the auction. Already contacting support to have my funds back to my card..
You placed a bet didn’t you? Charge for that amount is not a “scam” and should be settled within couple days

It may be an “insurance” for the bet; due to incomplete/fake transactions

•••
You placed a bet didn’t you? Charge for that amount is not a “scam” and should be settled within couple days

That was an unauthorized transaction on my card.. I was ready to pay once I won the auction.. I mean no other auction charges you for placing a bid on a name..it’s just fraudulent to charge my card without authorization just to clarify.

•••

I also noticed you used “may” seems you’re not sure of what you’re saying?? I mean you should be at least accurate if you want to give more insight on the activity or have had similar experience.

•••
I also noticed you used “may” seems you’re not sure of what you’re saying?? I mean you should be at least accurate if you want to give more insight on the activity or have had similar experience.
may-be you didn’t get scammed

Companies are able to handle “business” in different ways…labeling a company with “scammers” because you are not pleased with the service is not it

•••
may-be you didn’t get scammed

Companies are able to handle “business” in different ways…labeling a company with “scammers” because you are not pleased with the service is not it

Let me just clarify again.. an unauthorized transaction on my card is a fraudulent activity. I still don’t know how you not see it maybe unless you lose huge money this way first.. it doesn’t matter if it’s from let’s say a shitty business. Also you are still not sure it’s a policy or something.. Taking your money without authorization is illegal everywhere.

Last edited:
•••
Let me just clarify again.. an unauthorized transaction on my card is a fraudulent activity. I still don’t know how you not see it maybe unless you lose huge money this way first.. it doesn’t matter if it’s from let’s say a shitty business. Also you are still not sure it’s a policy or something.. Taking your money without authorization is illegal everywhere.
I hope you guys work it out soon 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
•••
But you placed a bet…it is authorized
It’s just a bid, I was outbided.. I would have bided again but I guess it’ll keep charging for every bid and I do not understand why and how it makes sense...But in all, it’s unauthorized and I just want my funds back to my card how they were regardless... I’m just having a bad experience.. could be anyone any day and could be worse.. the fact that my money was taken from me without authorization is first, scam.

•••

You have no proof whatsoever that the money would be refunded or had experience like this why do you somehow feel your maybes are fact.. It’s a real fact that an unauthorized transaction was made by sav on my card and on that I can say it’s scam. It’s unauthorized and still very fraudulent.

•••
Believe me you’re not safe with this level of insecurity imposed..So I think you shouldn’t encourage it and use maybes on real situations...it’s better to stay silent.

Last edited:
•••
Believe me you’re not safe with this level of insecurity imposed..So I think you shouldn’t encourage it and use maybes on real situations...it’s better to stay silent.
What’s your deal? You placed a bet didn’t you? As I stated business is able to make sure those funds are secure and the bet is legit.

I personally am not associated with Sav nor would I suggest using them.

Last edited:
•••
What’s your deal? You placed a bet didn’t you? As I stated business is able to make sure those funds are secure and the bet is legit.

I personally am not associated with Sav nor would I suggest using them.
You are not associated with Sav or use Sav and you’re making claims on behalf of Sav. That’s just intensely stupid. You are claiming it’s an insurance on the bet but never sure.. Why do you bother yourself about this if you’ve not had similar experience or use Sav.

•••
You are not associated with Sav or use Sav and you’re making claims on behalf of Sav. That’s just intensely stupid. You are claiming it’s an insurance on the bet but never sure.. Why do you bother yourself about this if you’ve not had similar experience or use Sav.
Did i say I never used Sav before?

•••
Did i say I never used Sav before?
Then why just full of “maybes” like your sanity leaps on one foot.

•••
Then why just full of “maybes” like your sanity leaps on one foot.
Obviously answer you seek for will be full of maybes until you hear directly from their management.

•••
Obviously answer you seek for will be full of maybes until you hear directly from their management.
Stay off the comments comrade

•••
•••
•••
Thanks for the info. This is absurd imo. Why should someone be charged for every single bid? And without winning the auction.

I had a bad experience with them before because I decided to try their auction and sell a name there. Someone placed a bid of 10+ USD. After the auction ended, I got this from sav.

My worst experience ever with a domain marketplace.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220404-014045.jpg
    Screenshot_20220404-014045.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 112
•••
Thanks for the info. This is absurd imo. Why should someone be charged for every single bid? And without winning the auction.

I had a bad experience with them before because I decided to try their auction and sell a name there. Someone placed a bid of 10+ USD. After the auction ended, I got this from sav.

My worst experience ever with a domain marketplace.
Sav.com is really a terrible service... I think that name was probably in auction and according to their terms you can’t cancel an auction and no reserve but wondering how this sold for less than a dollar. I just didn’t know it was this bad at sav. Well, they must surely refund my money because it would make them “scammers”..if not to anyone else, at least to me..

•••
•••
To delete your Sav account, log in to help.sav.com to submit a support ticket. Please include the following in your support ticket: A copy of your government issued ID. A copy of the credit card used to purchase the domain with everything redacted except the name on the card and the last 4 digits of the card number.

This alerted me

•••
To delete your Sav account, log in to help.sav.com to submit a support ticket. Please include the following in your support ticket: A copy of your government issued ID. A copy of the credit card used to purchase the domain with everything redacted except the name on the card and the last 4 digits of the card number.

This alerted me
I have to submit my ID to delete my account ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back