Dynadot

Ignorant use of namePros name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Who is this domainer using the namepros name in such an ignorant way?
https://domaingang.com/domain-news/...y-with-terrible-sexist-byline/#comment-106657

“My name is Rohit Goyal and i am also a domainer whose main focus area is outbound. Being active in namepros.com and other forums , i got your reference as a domainer/company who holds big portfolio.
I have a portfolio of Geo/keyword domains available for sale.

I am sure you did be thrilled; like the feminist joining #metoo movement-Just kidding.”

He should be tracked down and warned to never use the namepros name again.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I saw his thread where he said he had a sales team, and was making outbound marketing leads and has ramped up his business. It is just another word for mass spamming, he is operating offshore, not much anyone can do in regards to CANSPAM act etc... but he is giving any legitimate outbound marketer a rough go, because these guys really have to spread it across all mediums to earn their $299, and they don't care who what when where, they just hit send send send all day long. It just ends up being more governance on the registry level which is a pain for all of us. Really most registers TOS actually make it a violation to market in a such a way. Most people were praising him for this outbound technique, but it is something we all cringe upon.

Using namepros name, really implicates them in that email, and not something they can be happy about in regards to them using their marks without permission.

Last edited:
•••
Who is this domainer using the namepros name in such an ignorant way?
https://domaingang.com/domain-news/...y-with-terrible-sexist-byline/#comment-106657

He should be tracked down and warned to never use the namepros name again.

Well I have asked my staff to draft a mail and send it to few domainers/companies for bulk deal... It was my mistake that i didn't check the final draft and the mail did had some offensive lines whch should not have been there... I publicly apologize for the same as it was a blunder at my end.

Extremely sorry to anyone whose feeling got hurt , it was ever our intention to offend or insult anyone.

I apologize once again on behalf of my team.

•••
I saw his thread where he said he had a sales team, and was making outbound marketing leads and has ramped up his business. It is just another word for mass spamming, he is operating offshore, not much anyone can do in regards to CANSPAM act etc... but he is giving any legitimate outbound marketer a rough go, because these guys really have to spread it across all mediums to earn their $299, and they don't care who what when where, they just hit send send send all day long. It just ends up being more governance on the registry level which is a pain for all of us. Really most registers TOS actually make it a violation to market in a such a way. Most people were praising him for this outbound technique, but it is something we all cringe upon.

Using namepros name, really implicates them in that email, and not something they can be happy about in regards to them using their marks without permission.

Yes i agree that usage of namepros name was not appropriate and should not have been used. As i mentioned earlier that i asked one of my team member to draft a mail and send to selected few companies for bulk deal. I was travelling and i didn't check the final draft as i didnt knew that such content would be used. Yes it was a blunder and a mistake and i apologize about the same. The moment i noticed the same , i have asked them not to send any further mail and not to repeat such mistake in future.

Once again I apologize for the mistake conducted and there is no excuse for the same.

•••
Hmmm here's the thing though. Yes, I agree that the statement is completely off base and makes a mockery of the #metoo movement.

However, if domaingang is going to stand on an ivory tower preaching about morals/political correctness/"keeping it clean" then it might help if they didn't resort to assumptions/generalizations/cultural & racial sterotypes themselves. I refer to the following line:

"The Indian domainer’s statement fails at its weak attempt to be funny, and instead stands out as profoundly sexist."

What I would like to know is:

1.) How do they know the domainer is Indian? (Sure his name looks Indian, but he could be American, British, Canadian, Whatever...

2.) What was the relevancy or need to mention "Indian Domainer", apart from further enforcing the racial/cultural sterotype that all Indians are spammers?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Well I have asked my staff to draft a mail and send it to few domainers/companies for bulk deal... It was my mistake that i didn't check the final draft and the mail did had some offensive lines whch should not have been there... I publicly apologize for the same as it was a blunder at my end.

Extremely sorry to anyone whose feeling got hurt , it was ever our intention to offend or insult anyone.

I apologize once again on behalf of my team.

You did mistake (which is common and happens) but I feel bad for your position now. Getting brunt of someone’s else joke. I hope people try to see and understand your situation. And not over react or not over exaggerate specially when you have realised and apologised on behalf of your team.

Last edited:
•••
You did mistake (which is common and happens) but I feel bad for your position now. Getting brunt of someone’s else joke. I hope people try to see and understand your situation. And not over react or not over exaggerate.

Well my team is my responsibility. Its better to take responsibility of one's own mistake even if it was unintentianl... My team member made a mistake but i personally take the responsibility of the same and apologize on their behalf...

•••
It was not an intentional mistake however if namepros team decide than they can surely ban my account and i can completely understand the same.

I guess the lesson is be careful what your employees are doing.
They used your name in the email which is probably not a good idea if you are not signing off on it.

Using Namepros.com for credibility I guess, it kind of seems like like they are endorsing your actions.
Also, an offensive attempted joke that has grammatical problems.

NamePros can do what they want, but hopefully you learn some lessons from this.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Well I have asked my staff to draft a mail and send it to few domainers/companies for bulk deal... It was my mistake that i didn't check the final draft

My name is Rohit Goyal and i am also a domainer whose main focus area is outbound.
I have a portfolio of Geo/keyword domains available for sale.
I am sure you did be thrilled; like the feminist joining #metoo movement-Just kidding.”

Just curious if you have a team for outbound why would they state "I" - "Rohit Goyal " instead of "We"?

Is your staff a member here so he can confirm this story?

•••
I guess the lesson is be careful what your employees are doing.
They used your name in the email which is probably not a good idea if you are not signing off on it.

Using Namepros.com for credibility I guess, it kind of seems like like they are endorsing your actions.
Also, an offensive attempted joke that has grammatical problems.

NamePros can do what they want, but hopefully you learn from this.

Brad

I completely agree with you. Sometimes we want our team members to grow and provide them liberty and access to take their ow stand , probably that was my mistake.

Everything said and done , a mistake is a mistake and there is no hiding from the same. It was a mistake from my end and i take full responsibility of the same.

•••
Well my team is my responsibility. Its better to take responsibility of one's own mistake even if it was unintentianl... My team member made a mistake but i personally take the responsibility of the same and apologize on their behalf...

I'm going to say that @rohitgoyal has taken full responsibility and has assured he will rectify this situation in the future. He responded immediately and one really cannot ask more of a person.

I did not put him together with his name from the article but I have had interactions with @rohitgoyal in a number of topics and have always thought he was a stand up guy. I recognized his avatar as soon as he posted and I did find it unusual that he would make a comment like that.

•••
Just curious if you have a team for outbound why would they state "I" - "Rohit Goyal " instead of "We"?

Is your staff a member here so he can confirm this story?

I asked them to send mail on my behalf as there was no intention to spam or to trouble anyone. Yes my team members have read post in namepros but they are not here.

Even though mail was drafted and sent by my team member but still responsibility is mine so i wont give any excuses for the same. I am personally at fault here as my name was used and mail was sent under my name.

•••
I'm going to say that @rohitgoyal has taken full responsibility and has assured he will rectify this situation in the future. He responded immediately and one really cannot ask more of a person.

I did not put him together with his name from the article but I have had interactions with @rohitgoyal in a number of topics and have always thought he was a stand up guy. I recognized his avatar as soon as he posted and I did find it unusual that he would make a comment like that.

Thank you. Well sometimes team member try to think out of the box and feel that trying something unique may keep them in good books of the employer. They didn't realize that they actually made a blunder rather than trying to be funny . Well it was a lesson for them as well as for me and I would ensure that such mistakes are not repeated in the future.

Further i have already shared the matter with the concerned person and asked my staff to resign with immediate effect.

•••
mistakes happen, you own up, learn from them and move on......But this is particular bad from a PR perspective.

@rohitgoyal - do you use multiple email addresses for your team or do all your team use one email address in your name?

If it is the latter, it might be worth looking at assigning them all an individual email address, which can clearly show they are employees in their signatures- "international development officer" job description is an example that springs to mind.

Content is still your overall responsibility, but at least you can provide more transparency with regards to who is sending out the emails and on whose behalf - a company or you personally.

The way I'm seeing this is that you have a team pretending to be you in all outbound communications, which can come across as a bit spammy in certain quarters.....

Just my opinion.

Fair play to owing up and taking responsibility, I really like the way you have dealt with this.

•••
mistakes happen, you own up, learn from them and move on......But this is particular bad from a PR perspective.

@rohitgoyal - do you use multiple email addresses for your team or do all your team use one email address in your name?

If it is the latter, it might be worth looking at assigning them all an individual email address, which can clearly show they are employees in their signatures- "international development officer" job description is an example that springs to mind.

Content is still your overall responsibility, but at least you can provide more transparency with regards to who is sending out the emails and on whose behalf - a company or you personally.

The way I'm seeing this is that you have a team pretending to be you in all outbound communications, which can come across as a bit spammy in certain quarters.....

Just my opinion.

Fair play to owing up and taking responsibility, I really like the way you have dealt with this.

They all have separate email id though i have provided access to my mail id to my team leader and few senior team members .

Last edited:
•••
They all have separate email id. Though for this particular mail , my personal id was used which i know was a mistake.
s**t happens......good luck with it all.

•••
The pen is indeed mightier than the sword.

So use with care.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back