NameSilo

video Using Twitter to discover the perceived value of a domain name.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ValleyRock

Sales and OutreachEstablished Member
Impact
As I was perusing the appraisal directory of nP, I stumbled on an interesting domain name . The owner was seeking an appraisal for the domain name but had several opinions regarding the perceived value of the domain. I wanted to explain how this dilemma could be solved efficiently , but I felt a video would be the easiest way to share my opinion. I made a video and successfully posted it on the thread, however, I felt compelled to share this process to the teaming namePros community and not only individuals who had a chance to visit the appraisal thread.

There are 2 domain names in this article. Please note this is not in any manner a promotion of these domain names. This article is strictly educational and in so doing, adequate examples need be provided.

In this article it is my intention to share a simple method any domainer; budding, succeeding and successful can use to discover the perceived value of a domain name. In doing so, you should able to write an intelligible and compelling sales pitch that contains more than CPC, searches per month and past sales.

According to investopedia, the perceived value of good or service is the worth of the product in the mind of the consumer. What does an internet user think of when he/she finds your domain name on a forum, blog post or link. What is the perceived value of a liquids.co or dryends.com to an end user ? Discovering the perceived value of a domain names amplifies the memorability of the domain name and increases the virality of such domain. By finding the perceived value of a domain name, you should be able to accurately uncover a marketplace where a domain name has an optimal commercial value.

As a domainer, you need a set of quantifiable metrics you look at, every time you evaluate a domain. You need a checklist which you always refer to, whenever your buying a domain name. One of the most important factors is the length of the domain, I have post on that where I showed that statistically as the length of a domain goes up, the price goes down. I also showed how you the frequency of a word, affects the price of a domain.

This video take the two domain names I mentioned above and in very simple steps discovers their perceived value and optimal marketplace using twitter and basic text analysis.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back