IT.COM

discuss If you had one minute with a big domainer what would you ask?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Julio

DominioNombres.comTop Member
Impact
Hello Everyone,

I've had this question on my mind for the past week. I'm making this post to see what type of questions forum forums would ask and to whom.

If you had 1 minute with a BIG domainer what question would you ask?

Post the person's name and question here!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I spoke to one just today! I picked up the phone and called him. Had a very nice conversation and he helped me with info. Actually he was very, very helpful. Great that he took the call. :)

Glad I could help ;)

•••
•••
I'd ask
Could you do it all over again STARTING NOW and with a budget of 1K?

•••
If you had one minute with a big domainer what would you ask?

i'd say, "hey fat ass.. how did you gain so much weight"

imo....

•••
•••
With all those hours spent in domaining, do you still spend quality time with your wife?

•••
I would ask what forum (if any) is most viable for plebeians to peddle their wares. I have found little to no response from the usual suspects (that as neophyte I know of) including Flippa, goDaddy, brand bucket, Sedo, Larry, Joe and Curly and - namepros.
I haven't seen anything that's sold for more than a few hundred here (although I've heard people say they've sold for thousands elsewhere) nor do I see any relationship to that and the quality of the name, as I can see with my untrained eyes for domains, but skilled in startups and business in general. This is a different kind of animal.
Is it the Emperor's New Clothes?
So are we all trying to sell high and bid low to each other or none of the above? Where can I go to divest?

YES- that's it. Where can I have a fire sale for 50 names and keep my shirt? I want out after 10 years. Thanks!!!!!

Last edited:
•••
And here's my advice to me: shorter is better. Don't go on and on.

•••
Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon?

•••
My question:

1. Not many people last this long, so what is it you love about this business(domain names) that keeps you going, especially through the hard times?

•••
•••
•••
"How much budget should I have to invest into at least 100 names and earn revenue after 1 year :D"

•••
I haven't seen anything that's sold for more than a few hundred here
There are domain sales/offers for tens of thousands ($XX,XXX) on NamePros regularly. Some members include us in those deals (PM) to watch over them so the rules are followed and they complete smoothly. We also appreciate it when members choose to tell us about a great sale/deal they had on NamePros (Usually with a thank you).

It all depends on the quality of the domain. ;)

•••
I really like to know
how to negotiate a more then 6 figure deal

Behave like Mike Mann: be tough and strong. Otherwise you'll end up selling with 4 figures.

•••
Considering what I been reading lately..
My question would be

Is it possible to make serious money and yet run a honest business?

•••
How it was to be a domainer in the mid 90's :whistle:

•••
You have just a minute with me, do you want to ask something else?

•••
Any big domainer:
Got a bottle of Lagavulin 16 Year Old Scotch Whisky to share with me?

If you really want some answers, your thinking backwards, offer them some scotch, don't ask for it.

•••
Would like to ask their marketing trick . How they contact the person to whom they sell the domain name . Preferably Rick or Mike Mann

•••
The 3 digit secure code and expire date of thier credit card :)

•••
Seen a restroom anywhere?

•••
I will become your fan of you sell my domain for 6 figures :)

•••
•••
One nice thing about the domain name industry --- the legends are accessible. Attend NamesCon or meetups in Seattle and Los Angeles, and you are likely to have numerous opportunities to rub elbows with the top people. I usually ask them what they are working on, and they are rarely boring.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back