Dynadot

discuss If you had one minute with a big domainer what would you ask?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Julio

DominioNombres.comTop Member
Impact
Hello Everyone,

I've had this question on my mind for the past week. I'm making this post to see what type of questions forum forums would ask and to whom.

If you had 1 minute with a BIG domainer what question would you ask?

Post the person's name and question here!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it s not about worship
it s about education

I'm know there are domainers with a lot of good advice to offer but I'm not sure what your going to get out of them in 1 minute.

There's definitely a bit of hero worship implied in the question. The better known domainers spent years and years building. There's no magic.There's no secret. Certainly not anything that be conveyed in just a few words.

And even if you had access to one for months or years and learnt everything you can from them the Chinese have a saying: When the wrong man uses the right means, the right means work in the wrong way.

•••
hey guys, all the people are the same. Don't imagine them too much special. people all the same. Maybe they succeeded earlier than you, or they maybe less successful later on. no one perfect, they have their advantages and disadvantages, but you have yours.

we are same good and same bad.

Just be confident

•••
hey guys, all the people are the same. Don't imagine them too much special. people all the same. Maybe they succeeded earlier than you, or they maybe less successful later on. no one perfect, they have their advantages and disadvantages, but you have yours.

we are same good and same bad.

Just be confident

em...it seems I m too serious...sorry guys

•••
I'm know there are domainers with a lot of good advice to offer but I'm not sure what your going to get out of them in 1 minute.

There's definitely a bit of hero worship implied in the question. The better known domainers spent years and years building. There's no magic.There's no secret. Certainly not anything that be conveyed in just a few words.

And even if you had access to one for months or years and learnt everything you can from them the Chinese have a saying: When the wrong man uses the right means, the right means work in the wrong way.

you may want to read stuff about positiv thinking .. ;)

•••
rick has the right idea - keep saying no until it mo longer makes sense

and if you buy well especially at handreg prices you'll do well

you just need to be in a financial position to be able to continually say no until the offers become considerable enough to accept

•••
you may want to read stuff about positiv thinking .. ;)

Sorry, not my thing. Both optimists and pessimists are delusional. I live on planet earth. Do you?

•••
Frank & Rick, How often do you come to NamePros?

•••
What would I need to do to inspire you to be my domain industry mentor?

•••
Sorry, not my thing. Both optimists and pessimists are delusional. I live on planet earth. Do you?

looks like your are a pessimist

•••
I want to change my answer...

My question.... wanna help me build my CJ6, then go offroading?
Or, can I buy you a drink at the bar?
Or want to go shooting?

As you know, the more time you spend with someone, the more you get to know them and the more you get to know their thoughts and experiences. Therefore, I would rather get to know them on a personal level. After that, the info will come out naturally. These are human beings with non-domaining interests, as well. If you have a similar non-domaining interest, then you can possibly take it far.

Last edited:
•••
I want to change my answer...

My question.... wanna help me build my CJ6, then go offroading?
Or, can I buy you a drink at the bar?
Or want to go shooting?

As you know, the more time you spend with someone, the more you get to know them and the more you get to know their thoughts and experiences. Therefore, I would rather get to know them on a personal level. After that, the info will come out naturally. These are human beings with non-domaining interests, as well. If you have a similar non-domaining interest, then you can possibly take it far.

exactly - (grins) lol

•••
I would ask them to give me all of their money and try to become successful again starting from $0.

Then I would ask how long would it take to get back to the same level of success that they're at today?

:angelic:

•••
Last year I was invited to a meet up at the Webnames Office in Vancouver with

Cybele Negris (Co-Founder and President of Webbames dot ca)
http://soho.ca/videos/interview-wit...reneur-thought-leader-founder-of-webnames-ca/

Kevin Ham ( probably the most successful domainer in the history of the world )
http://dnqueen.net/2016/08/04/kevin-ham-the-man-who-owns-the-internet/

There were probably no more than 40 people there. We met on the rooftop balcony where there was a fully catered spread and a beautiful view of the city of Vancouver.

I spent some time with Kevin Ham and asked him many different things. He is an incredibly nice man, extremely humble and very helpful. He even gave me his personal email so that I could communicate anymore domaining questions to him if I needed to.

Of all the questions I had for him, the one thing that stood out for me was that he would not sway from the fact that.com is king and always will be and to stay away from all other extensions.

Now, I'm not sure if I completely agree with this. Perhaps when you're in a league like his, then you can afford to say that .com is all that matters, but for us "Nickel and Dimer's" I think if you can make a couple hundred or thousand bucks using a different domain extension it's A-OK! ;)

•••
id ask the Chinese if I could spit off the great wall of china. lol.

•••
I guess I am set in my ways and wouldn't ask anything, I do listen to podcasts occasionaly, but stick with my own strategy.
Joe T

•••
Have you seen my porfolio of names for sale. :)

•••
Asking them the best way to respond to random inquiries into buying your domain name-- They don't tell you how much they want to buy your domain for, they just say that they want to buy

Last edited:
•••
What are the credentials of your bank account???

•••
Rick : "What you specifically look in a domain, when you buy in small figures" or what makes a domain valuable. I know this is common however most important.

•••
What did you make so far? $$$

•••
Assuming they have a sell through rate of 2%, what do they intend to do with the remaining 98% of the domains that will never sell. I am also assuming they own thousands of domains in their portfolio.

•••
Assuming they have a sell through rate of 2%, what do they intend to do with the remaining 98% of the domains that will never sell. I am also assuming they own thousands of domains in their portfolio.
The many quality domains, the much money.

•••
In a minute? :xf.rolleyes: I'd probably first introduce myself, tell him how great domainer he is, mention/praise his past sales and that I'm a big fan of his and offer him to have a cup of coffee with me. :-P

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back