Domain Empire

question If you had $1500.00?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Cave

Impact
Although I know there is no guaranteed formula. But seeing how money "usually" makes money, what would YOU do if given $1500.00 towards domain flipping and told to make the best profit you could.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd definitely hit up ebay.com and try to score some cheap domains on auction.

If the domain has a decent number of bids, its likely to be a 'hot' name and will sell very easily.

I've gotten some really amazing names for ridiculously cheap.

It's a very underrated place to buy domains IMO.

ebay is trash!

•••
SOrry, but ebay does have a nice domains for sale section with good domain names (way better than most of the trash regged by np members).
And the prices are not always low, but still a nice place to visit every day or so just to see what is there.

•••
SOrry, but ebay does have a nice domains for sale section with good domain names (way better than most of the trash regged by np members).
And the prices are not always low, but still a nice place to visit every day or so just to see what is there.

What and where did I miss those gems bro?

•••
•••
Thing is, what to buy low that will sell high.
I see on so many threads here on NP where people are reg happy and just regging domains because of godaddy coupons.
Bet come renewal time, there will be a lot of trash dropped.

in my opinion if someone registers 50 domains using coupons and spend approx $75 it only takes one of those to sell @ $xxx - $xxxx to make a hell of a lot more than the initial investment. Come renewal time some may be dropped but the funds will be there to renew others. imo

I don't necessarily recommend this crap shoot domaining style to others, but for some folks who are starting out it can at least boost the bankroll a bit.

•••
Have you ever developed a forum? What advertisements relate to Chuck Norris? Not to mention UFC and WWE are trademarks.

i agree, i have tried the whole forum thing before, not only does Google not like their ads on forums, but why bother building up a forum (which takes a lot of work) and not be able to monetise it

•••
Why encourage new or starting out domainers to go on hand-registration spree when you and I very well know that there are hardly any gems left for hand-registration?

Its like suggesting them to lose money forsure!

in my opinion if someone registers 50 domains using coupons and spend approx $75 it only takes one of those to sell @ $xxx - $xxxx to make a hell of a lot more than the initial investment. Come renewal time some may be dropped but the funds will be there to renew others. imo

I don't necessarily recommend this crap shoot domaining style to others, but for some folks who are starting out it can at least boost the bankroll a bit.

•••
Why encourage new or starting out domainers to go on hand-registration spree when you and I very well know that there are hardly any gems left for hand-registration?

Its like suggesting them to lose money forsure!

Like i said "i don't necessarily recommend it". However, a hand reg can be a domain found in the expired list, which is what i typically grab if any hand regs. I do however agree that there are better options and strategies for new domains, i apologize if i led anyone in the wrong direction.

•••
Like i said "i don't necessarily recommend it". However, a hand reg can be a domain found in the expired list, which is what i typically grab if any hand regs. I do however agree that there are better options and strategies for new domains, i apologize if i led anyone in the wrong direction.

Thank you and I apologize if I mis-interpreted :)

•••
•••
Thing is, what to buy low that will sell high.
I see on so many threads here on NP where people are reg happy and just regging domains because of godaddy coupons.
Bet come renewal time, there will be a lot of trash dropped.
Guilty!

•••
I would buy a crap ton of domains with coupons and more then likely ill make more then cost in the next year parking alone..lol

•••
•••
If I had $1 500 I would buy $15 000 worth of domains. Then I'd sell it for $150 000.

But that's just me.

•••
If I had $1 500 I would buy $15 000 worth of domains. Then I'd sell it for $150 000.

But that's just me.
Easier said than done...

•••
Exaggeration, sure, but that's what this business boils down to, eventually.

•••
I have the cash but don't have the experience of monetizing and flipping. If anyone wants to team up with me if be willing to do a partnership. All this pending on whether you have a good plan and experience.

•••
•••
Maybe you fail at this stuff but I haven't yet.

I would like to know what do you hand register which makes crap ton of money for you in parking alone my friend.

•••
How long would you be able to keep doing this if your losing money?

according to my bodis account alone im over 4 grand on my under a grand invested. All hand registered with godaddy accounts and discount codes. That's just one account and none of the sales included.

•••
Its a good question, i think it really depends on how many years of experience you have and if you have other skills like web design or SEO knowledge. I would probably spend it over minimum 3 months using coupon codes to cherry pick expired domains and would register ftr domains in lucrative and tech niches. I would also put aside some as well for future renewals and if you have money in the bank you can afford to say no and don't have to firesale your best domains.

•••
I have the cash but don't have the experience of monetizing and flipping. If anyone wants to team up with me if be willing to do a partnership. All this pending on whether you have a good plan and experience.

I have a plan! ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back