IT.COM

discuss Your views - Expectations when selling brandables wholesale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Alf_W

Established Member
Impact
Hi , I mainly only focus on brandables and over past 2 years I’m lucky In seeing some growth and semi regular sales to endusers

Sometimes I sell wholesale on other platforms and have found the following to be true. So anyone who may be listing brandables wholesale who has not had much traction it may be worth noting that as far as I see it no endusers are here so it only leaves other domain flippers investors etc .

Given the average STR of a portfolio is around 1 to 2 percent in brandables, most domain investors flippers would be looking to purchase at between 1 to 3 percent of listing price for a standard squadhelp or brandbucket approved listing . Otherwise the STR doesn’t make sense.

This of course can vary depending on factors . However this is what I have seen by and large and how I acquire on the secondary market .

I dare say if you are expecting to sell a 3k brandbucket wholesale for hundreds of dollars wholesale , I’m thinking you may not be getting any sales.

However I could be wrong and you may be selling very well by selling much higher. If that’s the case don’t listen to me

Please let me know if you agree or disagree. Interested to know peoples views

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This only works/makes sense as a seller for hand registered names. Aged Names or names people spend hundreds on at auction are not going to follow this percentage.

Its one reason not to list your best names on a brandable market. The liquidity is measly or non existent.

•••
This only works/makes sense as a seller for hand registered names. Aged Names or names people spend hundreds on at auction are not going to follow this percentage.

Its one reason not to list your best names on a brandable market. The liquidity is measly or non existent.
very true. Hand regs from deleted, or the daily drops etc. Thanks for adding that. Yeah auctions etc different story. I keep my auction ones separate and double check my acquisition vs conservative appraisal

•••
In my experience, there are an unlimited number of hand reg quality, SH-accepted brandable names available for $25 wholesale that are listed for $2500-3500 retail. Most of them are not worth buying.

So I agree. Anyone looking to sell these sorts of names for hundreds wholesale is going to be waiting a long time.

I can usually buy good BB names ($8-10k appraisal) for $100-200. That said I just paid $1300 for a $20k appraised BB name, so nothing is set in stone.

Last edited:
•••
Personally I can never see any good reason to try and sell Brandable names on a domain board or wholesale, to me that's like turning up at a farmers-market trying to sell auto-parts. You may have some great stock at great prices but your buyers are rarely if ever present. Most domainers see brandable domains as novelties.

Now there are exceptions, very short multi-use domains that have a myriad of possible buyers, key word pairings that have instant recognition and high sales volume may attract interest. But on the whole nobody on a domain board is going to be switched-on to your initial line of thought that drove you to register it in the first place.

The trouble with most sellers is that they classify 'Brandables' as domains that say something but actually mean nothing, pretty much meaningless in anybody's classification of a usable domain. It's become the go to description for just about anything that's fairly useless

Basically there isn't a mass market for selling of even good brandables. By their nature, Your selling diversity and they rarely sit well as a collective.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back