Dynadot

question If you had $1500.00?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Cave

Impact
Although I know there is no guaranteed formula. But seeing how money "usually" makes money, what would YOU do if given $1500.00 towards domain flipping and told to make the best profit you could.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For that amount, would try to find a great short keyword domain from various auctions and use it for a flip!

•••
What i would do with $1,500 is:
1. Buy the best and as liquid as possible .com you can via aftermarket like NameJet for like $1,300
2. Spend the rest on marketing the name and flip it via something like Flippa
3. Set reserve at break even or slightly above
4. Hopefully a quick profitable flip which I could turn into a few k and try the above again.

Again, this is what i would do and not advice to you. :)

•••
•••
Thing is, what to buy low that will sell high.
I see on so many threads here on NP where people are reg happy and just regging domains because of godaddy coupons.
Bet come renewal time, there will be a lot of trash dropped.

•••
Well I probably should add, to buy no more than 2 domains with the $1500.

•••
•••
I agree, with $1500 your best bet is to invest wisely into good COM's. Search the NameJet and SnapNames auction to try and find some good names you can pickup for low-mid $XXX.. These will probably be the best for you to start flipping with!

•••
  1. Look at .coms
  2. Wait
  3. Wait
  4. Wait
  5. Wait
  6. Wait
  7. Find a solid .com
  8. Negotiate
  9. Negotiate more
  10. Continue negotiating
  11. (Optional) Negotiate further
  12. Buy
  13. Sell
  14. Profit
  15. Make it rain on dem hoes.

•••
  1. Look at .coms
  2. Wait
  3. Wait
  4. Wait
  5. Wait
  6. Wait
  7. Find a solid .com
  8. Negotiate
  9. Negotiate more
  10. Continue negotiating
  11. (Optional) Negotiate further
  12. Buy
  13. Sell
  14. Profit
  15. Make it rain on dem hoes.

Hi this_username_was_banned,

You recommend to approach end users or wait em to come for bait!?
The later would give more authority / driver seat to negotiate innit!?
I always feel hesitation negotiating, when I approach the buyer first.
Wanna know what u havta say.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Shane,

You recommend to approach end users or wait em to come for bait!?
The later would give more authority / driver seat to negotiate innit!?
I always feel hesitation negotiating, when I approach the buyer first.
Wanna know what u havta say.

Either approach has its merits. I like the passive strategy more but if you need the money soon rather than later the active strategy would yield better results.

When I mentioned negotiating, I meant to negotiate with the seller.

Every dollar saved is a dollar made.

•••
> buy 150+ dot com
> parking
> sell

•••
Although I know there is no guaranteed formula. But seeing how money "usually" makes money, what would YOU do if given $1500.00 towards domain flipping and told to make the best profit you could.

Hop on NJ or Snap and get the $69 names people are missing, you could almost get 22 of them. Or buy some for a little more, lots of deals to be had.

•••
I'd take $1.99 and hand reg a domain. I'd invest about $1480 in various securities and buy a cheese steak, fries, and an orange cream soda.

•••
Thanks for all the ideas! I'm gonna check these out...
I currently have these domains...I personally think they are great! But maybe not to someone else...

wweicons.com
unbreakableforce.com
ufcicons.com
thirstyboot.com
scariestmovies.net
samcroforum.com
ringwarrior.com
quitecalm.com
mmavendettas.com
mmastyles.com
mmashirts.net
gspfights.com
frmania.com
elvismovies.net
dontkilldaryl.com
daryrules.com
daryldixonrules.com
chucknorrismovies.com
cagesoldier.com
cagegeneral.com

•••
I don't see how any of those could be monetized.

•••
I had probably spend the most Backordering domain names ;)

I happen to find gems in the dirt!

•••
buy some nice brandable's hold and wait... the key is finding good saleable brandables.

•••
•••
Very good question. I would buy a developed name/site with a good idea/concept that had some room for improvement. I would then improve it and flip it.

Got me thinking now!

•••
Really Shane?!? What about the are huge sons of anarchy fans out there who wanna make a forum, or chuck Norris fans, or gsp fans, or fight fans....etc etc, these are great domain names....please explain more in detail?

Have you ever developed a forum? What advertisements relate to Chuck Norris? Not to mention UFC and WWE are trademarks.

Last edited:
•••
I currently have these domains...I personally think they are great! But maybe not to someone else...

I can see potential for ringwarrior.com like a boxing game app.

•••
•••
Find a $5k - $10k domain and negotiate to $1500. Then send out an email blast to potential endusers. Be happy when a $3k offer comes along.

Keep doing that and along the way you can accumulate money and a few extra domains. Then you can sit and wait for the right buyer and larger payday on the few in the vault.

•••
I'd definitely hit up ebay.com and try to score some cheap domains on auction.

If the domain has a decent number of bids, its likely to be a 'hot' name and will sell very easily.

I've gotten some really amazing names for ridiculously cheap.

It's a very underrated place to buy domains IMO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back