NameSilo

iCinema.com sold for $50,000 in 2011 it goes for just 20% of that in 2020

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News, started by equity78, Nov 30, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Back in the heyday of the i keyword domain sale, iCinema.com sold for $50,000 on Sedo in 2011. The domain name was owned by Keen, Inc. and they sold it in 2011 to Transmedia Communications SA out of Switzerland. For years the site showed: It then changed in 2015 to a website selling movies The domain name expired and closed at $10,001 at GoDaddy auctions. I like the name and it … [Read more...]

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

I noticed a 'i' name on forum a moment ago adult section and thought it was "so 2000". @Craig remember the iphone site.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  3. slader23

slader23 Always On The Bleeding Edge. VIP

I still like i+word.com. If it sold for $10k @Auction then the new owner will likely price it in the high $xx,xxx to low $xxx,xxx range.

4. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

If old owner was broker for current sale they might have gotten more the name is only the product the real merit goes to sales person. If you have bin of 10K you can never get 100k. In this case was an auction but it is all in how it is marketed and they eyes that see.

5. slader23

slader23 Always On The Bleeding Edge. VIP

Yep for sure 100%, though I am under the assumption that at the very least if the new owner is also a domainer they will be looking to profit at least 10X on the investment. Recently though some newer investors opt for a lower multiple so if it goes up for sale in the $30k-$70k range I wouldn't be surprised.

6. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The name expired no one sold it.

7. Dominator10

Dominator10 New Member

Exactly, i think the new owner could sell it for x1,5-x3. Because prices fall down from 2011 to here. When we talk about that quantities is difficult to appraise cause it's all about the seller and the potential buyer.

8. Mytz.com

Mytz.com Top 4L [email protected] ieie.com CuTu.com NeSu.com QAMI.com PRO VIP Gold Account

The price is too low

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice