Dynadot

I would like to transform into a tireless android, while domaining

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
I am discovering new ways to find names all the time and that is obviously great if you're a domainer. But IMO it also has some disadvantages.

When I have been doing this for 4-6 hours in a single day, I feel like I am only half-done, but also half-dead. Searching names etc. for hours makes me literally sleepy and more or less fatigue. Power napping is my no1 solution. Coffee works too, but just for a while.

I would like to become a tireless android for like 8 hours a day...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I used to read them one by one, which was shit experience. Now I’m learning programming to do it.

•••
I used to read them one by one, which was sh*t experience. Now I’m learning programming to do it.

That's smart! I would like to automatize at least some things myself.

•••
That's smart! I would like to automatize at least some things myself.
Learning takes a lot of time.(Haven’t finished some essential scripts yet. Still search manually if I want to pick up some keyword. Couldn’t find a single good .app for half a day:hungover: ) But better than spending on reading names.
If I don’t domain anymore. I could still use coding ability somewhere else.

•••
I simplified my ways of getting domains, I refuse to go through drop lists, makes me actually feel sick sometimes. Luckily, I mostly focus on new gtld names and there is no need to do things the traditional way.

Last edited:
•••
One can also open a WLTB thread at Namepros for new gTLDs with standard renewals, sometimes people sell you unexpected names for few bucks.

The advantage is that you can quickly scout your PMs and you do not need to do a research yourself, and guys are also happy thay they invested USD 3-6 at some discounted registration promo, and you pay 25 - 50 for it. They use different scripts, etc...I am too lazy for that.

Everyone is very happy - you save your time and strengten your portfolio with best new gTLD names, while they make 10-40 USD profit per name which seems to fully satisfy many short-term investors (flippers) here :)

•••
I am discovering new ways to find names all the time and that is obviously great if you're a domainer. But IMO it also has some disadvantages.

When I have been doing this for 4-6 hours in a single day, I feel like I am only half-done, but also half-dead. Searching names etc. for hours makes me literally sleepy and more or less fatigue. Power napping is my no1 solution. Coffee works too, but just for a while.

You've only got to catch up for another 2 hours. Drink more coffee :) Or be more creative. Meditate for 15 minutes each hour, preferrably not about domaining :). I promise you will get more done. Come to think of it. I'm quite a lot like you. I think I should try this meditation :)

The problem with my power naps is they go on for 2-3 hours each :)

Last edited:
•••
As an android, would you not feel indifferent to what you are doing and therefore not get any sense of joy or fulfilment out of it?

Did I get too deep here?

Last edited:
•••
As an android, would you not feel indifferent to what you are doing and therefore not get any sense of joy or fulfilment with it?

Did I get too deep here?

Nope!

•••
As an android, would you not feel indifferent to what you are doing and therefore not get any sense of joy or fulfilment out of it?

Did I get too deep here?

Haha, not at all! Great point!

•••
Be careful turning yourself into an "Android" .. you might be trademarked depending on how you use yourself! ;)

That being said .. those of you using scripts .. I can see how that can certainly help in some ways .. but I feel the only way of getting good domains cheap is by targeting those most likely to slip through the cracks of other domainers scripts. so at the end of the day .. going through the lists manually will increase your chances of finding unique gems at relatively low acquisition costs compared to other easier to find domains of the same quality.

•••
•••

A possible solution could be outsourcing...:xf.smile:

•••
I use lots of lists, but I also have a number of scripts to parse them according to a wide range of different criteria. Because reading all the lists would take all day long.
I also automate a lot of tasks. Automate as much as you can, so you have more time to allocate to productive activities.

PS: BECOMEAROBOT.COM is available on closeout right now :xf.grin: Go get it :xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back