NameSilo

I was actually scammed by Flippa! Pay close attention to the last post in the support ticket!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Dobalina

Established Member
Impact
I ordered a $349 auction package from flippa.com to sell an item on their website. The winning bidder never paid me so I received 349 flippa credits to use on a future auction. I asked for a refund to my bank and they agreed and told me that the money was on its way. The money was never refunded.

I just received this email from Flippa:

Hi Carey,

Your account has been banned for guideline violations.

Banned, disputing payments for services provided in full.

If you believe a mistake has been made on our part, or if you would like to resolve this issue, please feel free to email us at: [email protected].

Kind Regards,

The Flippa Team

-------------------------------------------
SUPPORT TICKET LEADING UP TO THIS

carey03 January 21, 2016 11:36

I would like the $349 refunded to my bank rather than in flippa credits. Also, I don't see the $50 that was in escrow for the dispute I won.

--------------------------------------------

Ashley January 23, 2016 02:36

Hi Carey,Thanks for reaching out.So sorry for the delayed response, I have gone ahead and provided the refund invoice #991286. The amount will hit your account shortly! Please note that since I have provided the refund I have had to remove the previously added credits from your account. Your earlier request regarding the $50 has been forwarded to the relevant department. They will be in touch. I apologise for the hassle, let me know how else I can be of assistance.

Cheers, Ashley Silva
Flippa Customer Success Team

----------------------------------------

carey03 January 28, 2016 06:18

How long should I expect to wait?

Natalie Rivera January 28, 2016 09:45

Hi again,Thanks for following up! The wait will essentially be short so you should hear back soon. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Natalie

carey03 January 28, 2016 10:00

"The wait will essentially be short so you should hear back soon." This doesn't make sense. I just want my $349 and $50 from flippa escrow as soon as possible. I put this request in 6 days ago.

---------------------------------------

Ashley January 29, 2016 01:02

Hi there, Thanks for getting back. I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience. The $349 ( Saturday) and $50(Sunday) have already been refunded and should hit your account in 3-5 business days. Thanks for your patience on this matter, please let me know how else we can be of assistance.

Cheers, Ashley Silva

------------------------------------------

carey03 Wednesday at 00:48

It has been two weeks since my original refund request was submitted. What is the status of this request?

Ashley Wednesday at 03:34

Hi there, Thanks for getting in touch. The funds were already refunded, please check with your card provider to find out the status. Let me know if you require further assistance.

Cheers, Ashley Silva

carey03 Friday at 03:20

Could you provide some information on the refund? Which card can I expect it to be refunded to? The original invoice doesn't say. Can you contact accounting and see if this was actually processed and let me know?

Ashley Friday at 04:02

Hi again,Thanks for getting back. As requested I have shared this with the relevant department who will let you know the exact details. I apologise for the inconvenience, let me know how else we can be of assistance.

Cheers, Ashley Silva

carey03 Saturday at 23:52

Josh this isn't solved. Can you please look into this. I will never bother you again after this.

Josh W. Sunday at 17:09

Hi,We have refunded on our side so if it has not hit you yet it might be worth lodging a dispute with PayPal so it can be looked at further. Please let us know if you need further information or assistance.

Kind Regards, Josh W
Marketplace Integrity Supervisor

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Mr Dobalina

I'm looking into all of this for you.

Refunds are without a doubt processed back to the method of payment you used, and I can confirm a refund was processed. I need to understand what the confusion is so I can troubleshoot, I'll be in touch when I get more details from my team.

•••
@Mr Dobalina

I'm looking into all of this for you.

Refunds are without a doubt processed back to the method of payment you used, and I can confirm a refund was processed. I need to understand what the confusion is so I can troubleshoot, I'll be in touch when I get more details from my team.

I've been briefed on the situation in full now, and we'd appreciate if you respond to Josh's latest message to you. Thanks

•••
This has been resolved and the money was sent as a paypal payment less a $13 transaction fee paid by me lol. I won't get too picky though. Thanks for looking into this.

Appeared to be sort of a technical glitch with the timing of my original payment on paypal being over 60 days old. Flippa's system said the money was refunded on their backend admin panel but it never went through to my account. Everything is square now.

•••
so if you did not come to complain at namepros flippa would have ban you silently.

Happy you have been refunded.

Thanks to the namepros community

•••
I suggest changing the title and closing the thread.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back