IT.COM

I wants to create a Domain Listing Website

NameSilo
Watch

Manoj Singh Negi

Established Member
Impact
Hi Everyone,

I am a web developer (www.manojsinghnegi.com) and wants to be a good Domain Flipper. I am thinking of creating a free domain listing website where Domain Flippers can list their domains and potential buyers can contact them through the contact information provided by the Domain Flippers.

It will be a free listing directory providing features like easy search system, easy category sorting, request a domain name etc.

A Domain Flipper can provide

• Their domain description
  • Their contact information
  • links to any ongoing auction website
  • Category their domain belongs to
  • Keyword ( will help when user search domain with keywords )
I kindly request everyone to give their honest and valuable opinion. it will be very helpful for me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How about a selfhosted script that helps any one have their own brandable marketplace?

•••
•••
If I'm not mistaken, PRYCR.com has free listings and takes no commissions on sales. Maybe @Silentptnr would shed some light on this.

Anyways good luck with your endeavors. @Manoj Singh Negi

•••
Good luck, many have tried and many have failed.

•••
Welcome to the namepros forum

•••
It will be good if this project got really worked.

I will happy to lease/sell my domain B/r/a/n/d/l/l/y dot com to you.

•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
Welcome to NPs. Good luck with your venture...

•••
Sounds like a plan :) Keep us updated.

Welcome to Namepros.

•••
If I'm not mistaken, PRYCR.com has free listings and takes no commissions on sales. Maybe @Silentptnr would shed some light on this.

Hi Marshal999 thanks for making me aware of PRYCR.com it is a really great website. The idea behind PRYCR.com is that it is an auction website you can auction your domain. What I want is to create a simple listing website where you can list your domain and link to your auction website. For example you can aucton your domain at PRYCR.com and then list your domain on my website by this someone can drive more traffic to their auctions.

•••
•••
It will be good if this project got really worked.

I will happy to lease/sell my domain B/r/a/n/d/l/l/y dot com to you.

Thanks Furquah

•••
How about a selfhosted script that helps any one have their own brandable marketplace?
Great Idea Siddardha. If you want we can team up and try to validate this idea if people are willing to use this we can make this script.

•••
Sounds like your idea has potential!
Welcome-to-the-forum-(myway2fortune.info).png

@Manoj Singh Negi

•••
•••
Great Idea Siddardha. If you want we can team up and try to validate this idea if people are willing to use this we can make this script.

I have this idea since many days. However I was thinking of using wordpress and a couple of plugins instead

The process works by creating a custom post type for the domain sales page and using a plugin to validate domain mapping

How does this sound?

Many domainers already use wordpress and like it. It is also pretty much easily customizable.

Note: I am Wordpress user and not a developer

•••
Welcome, from the moment you are on NP you are definitely my friend.
Wish you the best

•••
I have this idea since many days. However I was thinking of using wordpress and a couple of plugins instead

The process works by creating a custom post type for the domain sales page and using a plugin to validate domain mapping

How does this sound?

Many domainers already use wordpress and like it. It is also pretty much easily customizable.

Note: I am Wordpress user and not a developer

That's great siddardha I myself is not a WordPress developer but definitely, your idea has potencial I will develop this website and keep you up to date and maybe we can make your idea work together.

•••

There are several approaches and I really can't tell you which is best for you.

I use many different approaches to acquire and sell domains. Originally prycr was mainly for myself, but was expanded into a simple marketplace where other people could get more exposure for their domains and hopefully make sales. Domains listed are blasted out to several other sites including social networks and I put alot of focus on seo. It is completely free to use.

I also use other sites including Efty.

If you do build a site of your own, I wouldn't stop there. You will need to use other sites as well.

Buying and selling domains for profit takes alot of time and energy. If building your own site prevents you from being profitable from buying and selling domains, I wouldn't do it. If you have enough money and time to build it and not worry about domain renewals and expenses, then yes, the additional exposure could be a good thing.

Best of luck!

•••
There are several approaches and I really can't tell you which is best for you.

I use many different approaches to acquire and sell domains. Originally prycr was mainly for myself, but was expanded into a simple marketplace where other people could get more exposure for their domains and hopefully make sales. Domains listed are blasted out to several other sites including social networks and I put alot of focus on seo. It is completely free to use.

I also use other sites including Efty.

If you do build a site of your own, I wouldn't stop there. You will need to use other sites as well.

Buying and selling domains for profit takes alot of time and energy. If building your own site prevents you from being profitable from buying and selling domains, I wouldn't do it. If you have enough money and time to build it and not worry about domain renewals and expenses, then yes, the additional exposure could be a good thing.

Best of luck!

Thanks, @Slientptnr really great to hear from someone who is already doing it. I am a developer by building this website I am getting my idea out there.

•••
I thought it is already been done. Sedo, Efty and many already doing it.

You will start from scratch with no traffic, no promotion, etc. you better provide a good service and features not available from other domain listing market for domainers to use it, otherwise your "dev plan" is already shuttered.

IMO

•••
I thought it is already been done. Sedo, Efty and many already doing it.

You will start from scratch with no traffic, no promotion, etc. you better provide a good service and features not available from other domain listing market for domainers to use it, otherwise your "dev plan" is already shuttered.

IMO
^^ That was more or less my point too. :)

•••
I had the same concept idea a while back - are you going to build the site yourself?

•••
Super Welcome To nP...:xf.smile:
&
Good Luck..(y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back