Dynadot

discuss I want to create a section in NamePros.

NameSilo
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
I recently came across this section below on namepros. Never paid attention till now.

https://www.namepros.com/forums/design-contests.92/

This particular one is just for design stuff like logos.

I was wondering if I could create a section like this myself called "Content Contest".

Basically I feel it would probably bring in more users to Namepros that are freelancers who have unique content they want to sell or syndicate.

The kind of content?

Well people will post content they are looking for and create a contest with a prize. This way imagine how much search spiderable content people will provide for free just so they can sell if for a prize?

Not sure if this would work or if there would be any legal obstacles but just thought of this now because I plan on creating some blog/news sites and honestly I'm not really a good writer. I'd rather set up a contest and then just pay a prize for the best one I choose. Then just let all the creative writers battle it out for the money.

What do you think? I think freelancer.com already has this sorta thing and other writers websites. Would be interesting to see if it catches on here.

Content is king after all

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Interesting idea, although there is already a section that fits that criteria I believe:

Websites Wanted and Web Development
https://www.namepros.com/forums/websites-wanted-and-web-development.45/

Thanks. Took a look. It's not "exactly" what I was looking for.

Most of the offers on there are for premade developed websites.

I've seen some writer websites.

I was thinking more along the lines of article writers. That kind of content.

like for example.

If I have a fashion or crypto domain name and I'd like to create a website for them?

but I don't really have time nor the skill to write content for them.

I'd like to post a request for such content on Namepros. This is not exactly web design or developed websites. Just want to fresh and affordable original content.

•••
Just want fresh and affordable original content.
This could be requested in the generic Requests section:
But let’s further discuss your unique and interesting suggestion.

Would buyers of original content still want the content if it was first posted publicly on a forum? Would it still be considered original if it was published elsewhere first?

Let us know your thoughts.

•••
The Break Room covers this section

•••
•••
•••
People can create any thread and people can “follow”
Fair point. In that way, threads can serve a lot of the same purposes as forums, but if there is a lot of content, forums can help to organize it.

•••
Fair point. In that way, threads can serve a lot of the same purposes as forums, but if there is a lot of content, forums can help to organize it.
I just think it would be harder to maintain each members personal section + it would add more infinity spams

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back