IT.COM

I Use This Tool...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I love learning about online tools out there.

What do you use?

I'll start with these...

Namepros.com
Domaining.com
Namebio.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@UniflexDomains , if you can, please add:
screenshots.com (research tools, similar to Archive.org)
dndisputes.com (legal)

And many thanks for the mother of all bookmarks :)

•••
@UniflexDomains , if you can, please add:
screenshots.com (research tools, similar to Archive.org)
dndisputes.com (legal)

And many thanks for the mother of all bookmarks :)
I'll add those and a few more I've bookmarked over the last couple of weeks.

•••
Namepros.com
DomainSherpa.com
DSAD.com
Whois.com
namebio.com
expireddomains.net
(when buying an expired .com or GD closeout .com I always check to see if it has been previously developed. If not, I will check if the .net or other less popular tld's are taken and that they are fully developed websites. This way you have a potential end user immediately but, it is a risk if you get no response or unable to contact the owner - I always check the whois database of the developed sites to look for contact details and the site itself)
w3schools.com (for development purposes)
stackoverflow.com (for development purposes)
Facebook.com/Twitter.com (If you're looking to buy a domain - have a look to see if there is facebook page/group or a twitter handle that could potentially benefit from it)

•••
Here are some of the free and paid tools/subscriptions that I use:
  • NamePros.com (What else can I say, look at this thread alone, gives you so much valuable info absolutely free)
  • NameBio.com (Great for researching historic pricing for similar sales)
  • Expireddomains.net (Nice tool to quickly find expiring and names across multiple registrars and auction places )
  • gwhois.org (for detailed whois and dns lookup)
  • ZFBot.com (Great for research) [monthly subscription]
  • Dotdb.com (Great for research and absolutely free) Credits to @owntype
  • DomainIQ.com (Helps you get some deep insights and do reverse lookups) [monthly subscription]
  • Linkedin.com (Great for research)
  • Google.com (It is your best friend)
  • Findthatlead.com (Helps in email outreach) [monthly subscription] (luckily got a lifetime deal)
  • Acronymfinder.com (great for finding acronyms)
  • Efty.com (For quickly creating a marketplace for all your names ) [monthly subscription]
  • Whoisology.com (Helps you get some deep insights and do reverse lookups) [monthly subscription]
  • Excel (Here is where most of the magic happens I do most of the data crunching and cleaning in it, plus keep track of all the inventory spread across multiple registrars )
And finally the most important tool that I think we all need is:
Cool Head ( because one need lots of patience and control, its so easy to overpay when you are in middle of a bidding war, to resist the urge to max the card just because there is a 1.99 promo for ".com" :xf.grin::xf.grin:)

•••
I didn't see these posted:
  • DomainNameStats.com
  • DomainNameStat.com
  • nTLDStats.com
  • DNSTrails.com
  • StatDNS.com
  • RegistrarStats.com
  • DomainScope.com
  • namepulse.com
  • dailychanges.domaintools.com
:cigar:

•••
Hello friends.
Great a lot of tools are posted here, being new to domaining I must confess how to use some or all of these tools seems confusing to me. Have tried with expireddomains.net and haven't got the best of results....as for Google keyword planner....I didn't even know how to go about it to start with. I will sure appreciate getting help on how to useuse most of these tools forfor domain search. Thanks

•••
Hello friends.
Great a lot of tools are posted here, being new to domaining I must confess how to use some or all of these tools seems confusing to me. Have tried with expireddomains.net and haven't got the best of results....as for Google keyword planner....I didn't even know how to go about it to start with. I will sure appreciate getting help on how to useuse most of these tools forfor domain search. Thanks
YouTube is usually the way forward. It's always easier when there are pictures to follow.

•••
@uniflex domains...suggesting any channel to follow and watch?

•••
@uniflex domains...suggesting any channel to follow and watch?
I just meant that when I learn of a new tool I'll go to YouTube and just search "how to use ....". I think I'll embed YouTube how-to videos to domlinks links so users can get an idea of the tools uses.

•••
•••
Thanks @Eric Lyon will check and follow the channel now

•••
semrush
expireddomains.net
moz
scrapebox
keywordseverywhere
namepros
brandbucket (for ideas)

•••
•••
•••
This is such a great thread.
I'm glad to see it is still performing and again, I want to thank @Silentptnr for starting it, and all the members who have shared their tools / links.
This is only one of the reasons NP is the greatest domain site on the planet... unselfish members.

:great:

Peace,
Kenny

•••
Just noticed this thread today, A great thread indeed.

@Silentptnr is an active contributing member here. Thanks.

Namepros
Domaining
Namebio
Google for some research.

Will check what this thread recommended as well.

•••
@Silentptnr - Great thread and thanks to all who have posted their tools.

I'm not sure if these tools count as they are specific to GoDaddy (other registrars might provide similar tools).

1) using GoDaddy's Domain Management, you can download all (or subset) of domain names with additional information such as number of WHOIS Lookups (Current Day/Week/Month, and Previous Day/Week/Month). I download a complete list each day to keep track of domain names receiving the most attention (in terms of WHOIS Searches). I also use the list to compare to the previous download -- this makes sure no names have disappeared from my account.

2) GoDaddy's App for the iPhone (might exist for Android) to make it easier to watch and bid on Expired Auctions.

Regards,
DN

•••
@Silentptnr - Great thread and thanks to all who have posted their tools.

I'm not sure if these tools count as they are specific to GoDaddy (other registrars might provide similar tools).

1) using GoDaddy's Domain Management, you can download all (or subset) of domain names with additional information such as number of WHOIS Lookups (Current Day/Week/Month, and Previous Day/Week/Month). I download a complete list each day to keep track of domain names receiving the most attention (in terms of WHOIS Searches). I also use the list to compare to the previous download -- this makes sure no names have disappeared from my account.

2) GoDaddy's App for the iPhone (might exist for Android) to make it easier to watch and bid on Expired Auctions.

Regards,
DN
This is great! Thanks!

•••
@Silentptnr -

1) using GoDaddy's Domain Management, you can download all (or subset) of domain names with additional information such as number of WHOIS Lookups (Current Day/Week/Month, and Previous Day/Week/Month).
DN

I've seen it explained in a thread before but can't seem to find it.

Could some explain here or PM me how to view the # of WHOIS look ups on you domain in your GD account??? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

•••
All Big G Product
SemRush,
Majestic,
and all PA DA checker site,
because sometime I like to buy cheap domain with nice metrics.

anyway, this thread are very usefull . and should Be Sticky! :xf.grin: because almost impossible to analyze domain, with naked eyes!:xf.grin: unless you have super power maybe no tools needed :xf.grin:

•••
•••
@DomainBarracksRob
https://www.godaddy.com/help/create-an-exportable-list-of-my-domains-3681

In step 8 is where you will see the checkbox options for WhoIs info - there's Previous and Current which give you a bunch of data:
WhoisCountsPrevDay WhoisCountsPrevWeek WhoisCountsPrevMonth WhoisCountsCurrDay WhoisCountsCurrWeek WhoisCountsCurrMonth
8. Select the data columns you want to export, and then click Next.

Thanks!! This is very neat info ..I just used it for the first time!!

Oddly enough..one of my more recent hand regs has the most "previous month" whois counts at 70 !

I take it "previous month " is how times that "name" was searched on whois last month? and "current' means this month?

•••
Don't forget to check DOMlinks.com where I'm periodically listing a lot of these tools for ease of use.

Disclaimer - It's a page I threw together but there are no ads or affiliate links so I don't profit in any way (incase I'm breaking a rule self promoting).

•••
I take it "previous month " is how times that "name" was searched on whois last month? and "current' means this month?
That is correct. Keep in mind the following:

1) some extensions don't seem to provide the WHOIS Counts (I use it mainly for my .COM Domains -- which is about 99% of all my names)

2) when you first register a name, or change the NameServers, I think the counts go up because there are bots out there that monitor changes. This is shortly followed by all that spam you get for a new domain name for web development, hosting, logo's, etc..

3) if you have a lot of domain names, then you start to see periodically a WHOS Sweep (I am guessing by some of the websites/tools mentioned in this thread). They are updating their WHOIS information, and so your counts go up. You start to see a pattern that they are on the letter "B" today, and then tomorrow all my names starting with "C" will get searches. And so forth through the alphabet....

Regards,
DN

Last edited:
•••
Thanks!! This is very neat info ..I just used it for the first time!!

Oddly enough..one of my more recent hand regs has the most "previous month" whois counts at 70 !

when I first download that data, its like "AHA" moment! but day after day!:xf.laugh:, that stats only gimmick!:xf.grin:
lol
bytheway, I have 1 domain, that have hundreds view, but no sales at all, so view whois is not correlated with domain sales! :xf.grin: sorry for ruin your AHA moment! :xf.laugh:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back