IT.COM

Domain research tool

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi, I'd love to hear about any good value domain research tools.

I was using whoisxmlapi.com because I'd managed to get a bunch of free credit but now I'm out of it.

Is there a domain research tool that lets you do a wildcard search but also specify how many characters the domain should have?

I mostly would use it for whois history searching.

And does anyone have any tips how to find the owner of a domain when all details are redacted?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
1) LeanDomainSearch.com
Use this. One of the best tools I came across

2) DomainTyper.com
Great for finding available domain names

•••
Google Adwords Keyword Tool. Google's own keyword tool is always a great place to start when looking for keyword based domains.

•••
•••
•••
I will check these sites out later or when I will buy some more domain names in the future.
I have a lot more sites than that for webmasters but can't really spam them all here.

•••
Domain research and monitoring tools are configured to receive alerts that have useful business or security applications. One example is getting notified when new domains are registered as these can pose a threat since they are often used for phishing purposes.

•••
The Beat 7 Tools & Resources for Domain Research:
1. Google Adwords Keyword Tool
2. US Trademark Search
3. KnowEm
4. DomainsBot
5. Just Dropped
6. Wayback Machine
7. Yahoo Site Explorer

•••
Here are some that I like to use, however, I do need to update this list soon, like with the way back machine, I use that almost daily.

https://selldomains.io/resources/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back