Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

omelet

Top Member
Impact
Hi friend,

I recently listed a name in auction. One buyer won and he requested to transfer away the name.

But eventually due to transfer code problem, the name never really transferred successfully. I offer buyer two options, 1), I keep working with registrar to figure out the transfer issue; 2), refund

Buyer chose 2) refund.

Originally buyer sent me $3 as the deal price, and I received $3. However, buyer said he actually send $6 because the extra $3 is paypal service fee.

My question is: if I do the refund, do I refund $3, or $6? Do I have to refund both the $3 and the paypal service fee?

thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The buyer asked you to respond to numerous emails sent over a five day period to approve of the transfer and you stated you were not receiving the emails each time. The transaction should have been finalized on April 15th and my infraction wasn't issued until the 26th.
Keep in mind that all bids are binding agreements and cannot be mutually terminated.
The member did request a refund at the same time I was asking for you to refund the money since the transaction had failed to be finalized after almost two weeks and 7 attempts to send you an email. Please make sure to have your correct email information updated in the future to avoid these issues.

Thank you for understanding.
Amanda, this is happening from time to time with all registrars, my record last year was 29 days waiting for the approve emails from godaddy, involving even Joe Styler and still the matter took so long. Most of the times, it's an automatic process and the emails are sent to the registrar, to a 'no-reply' type of email address instead to the registrant. I can't see how the registrant could have any power to control this. And network solutions it's known for issues with transfers. Also, nobody is forced to provide an auth code, you can either push it to the same registrar or transfer away, as far as I remember namepros rules.

•••
Is corey a kid?
With several years experience in domaining (her first domain 1996), NamePros member for 10 years, several tertiary & professional qualifications, extensive domain portfolio (Approaching 1000+, with several hundred with sales landing pages [Devved by ME]) , Corey is most surely not a "KID".

•••
The buyer asked you to respond to numerous emails sent over a five day period to approve of the transfer and you stated you were not receiving the emails each time. The transaction should have been finalized on April 15th and my infraction wasn't issued until the 26th.
Keep in mind that all bids are binding agreements and cannot be mutually terminated.
The member did request a refund at the same time I was asking for you to refund the money since the transaction had failed to be finalized after almost two weeks and 7 attempts to send you an email. Please make sure to have your correct email information updated in the future to avoid these issues.

Thank you for understanding.

Amanda,

1, I never stop communicating with her

2, when she asked me to respond approve emails, I simply didn’t received emails that’s why I ask her:

A), patient bit
B), send more email

I provided auth code in April 18, and buyer and I have many message each other In April 18, 19, and 20.

You involved in April 20 and directly you and buyer pushing hard ruthlessly to approve the transfer

What the hell? How can I approve without receiving emails?

Should not we wait little bit more? And communicate more ?

I dealt with hundred of transfers before and I think successful business always built on mutual trust.

Without trust from buyer and with a lot of stress from you, I tried to be myself. I keep myself cooler, I told buyer the name would be hers, no worries I would try my best . Just be patient let me figure out and take some time

I really feel tied of you two

Last edited:
•••
With several years experience in domaining (her first domain 1996), NamePros member for 10 years, several tertiary & professional qualifications, extensive domain portfolio (Approaching 1000+, with several hundred with sales landing pages [Devved by ME]) , Corey is most surely not a "KID".

Then so what? Her behavior is like a kid. Never trust never patient

She just keep against me and bring Amanda together to warning me, assaulting me

Now I understand, they both knew each other long time and that’s good friendship. Good job!

Or at least, Corey, in Amanda ‘s eye, is more reliable and trustworthy than me

Amanda is also human, her rational judgement is also human judgement. She used rules, but never tried understand the real situation

@Corey, join in here to discuss. Why not dare to speak out. You are more experienced than me, then pointing out I m a bad domainer

Last edited:
•••
Guys, if you want, I can disclose all the chatting record, screenshot, from the very beginning to most updated.

Please let me know

•••
@Amanda @Corey

Failing to transfer is not my personal mistake/ fault, it needs further help from registrar. I hv did my best to constantly check my email and not lose communication with @Corey . I also sent email to registrar but didn’t receive effective solutions. I offerred @Corey that I can further communicate with registrar, she said it was too late (no more patient), she would request refund

@Corey rejected to push the name but only transfer away ( I can provide screen shot)

Last edited:
•••
1) Why refund? You need to ask her to wait? (Your fault, you gave her option for refund)
2) Other option is push, she rejected. (It is not your fault not her fault)
3) If the problem continue you need to tell her the situation politely and if she not understand, you need to explain it firmly because the problem is beyond your control.
4) Your thread should be like How Can I Transfer If Any Problem I Am Facing From My Registrar? and not for Paypal service fee. (I understand she asked for refund but you gave her that option instead of wait).

•••
1) Why refund? You need to ask her to wait? (Your fault, you gave her option for refund)
2) Other option is push, she rejected. (It is not your fault not her fault)
3) If the problem continue you need to tell her the situation politely and if she not understand, you need to explain it firmly because the problem is beyond your control.
4) Your thread should be like How Can I Transfer If Any Problem I Am Facing From My Registrar? and not for Paypal service fee. (I understand she asked for refund but you gave her that option instead of wait).

thanks Bro

You cannot image this how rude this lady is, I have no room to negotiate or communicate with her. SHe is crazy and just keep pushing me to approve emails, or send money

It is biggest bad luck to me to deal with a deal with such a member at Namepros. Never happened in my life.

I feel terrified and frustrated. I will never ever deal with any business with this woman.

END.

•••
This is what happens when you have someone with tradescore 0 evaluating the intricacies of a domain transfer.

I mean if you never did any deals how do you know how Paypal refunds work or how long you need to wait for an auth codes at times. NP should have qualified people making these calls.

•••
To clarify:

The warning would have been issued regardless of a successful refund. Neither the seller nor the buyer may cancel an auction transaction, and mutual agreement to do so is not accepted by NamePros. This rule helps to prevent auction fraud (e.g., shill bidding). Review rule 6.2.10.

If either party is unable to complete a deal within the time frame outlined, then they should not enter into such an agreement. By doing so and failing to meet the timeline, regardless of the reason, is a rule violation.

As for our experience, some team members at NamePros have significantly more domain sales experience than others. Collectively as a team, we have over 20 years of domain sales experience across every major registrar and marketplace spanning across thousands of successful domain transactions. If a member of our team is unfamiliar with the intricacies of a provider, they can consult with the team and benefit from this collective experience and knowledge.

However, sometimes a moderator may not realize they're lacking the necessary knowledge to make a decision and therefore may not consult with the rest of the team. When this happens, we're happy to have additional team members with more experience investigate and resolve those issues. If you ever feel that a moderator has made a mistake, then we invite you to report it to management for review and prompt resolution.

Thanks.

•••
To clarify:

The warning would have been issued regardless of a successful refund. Neither the seller nor the buyer may cancel an auction transaction, and mutual agreement to do so is not accepted by NamePros. This rule helps to prevent auction fraud (e.g., shill bidding). Review rule 6.2.10.

If either party is unable to complete a deal within the time frame outlined, then they should not enter into such an agreement. By doing so and failing to meet the timeline, regardless of the reason, is a rule violation.

As for our experience, some team members at NamePros have significantly more domain sales experience than others. Collectively as a team, we have over 20 years of domain sales experience across every major registrar and marketplace spanning across thousands of successful domain transactions. If a member of our team is unfamiliar with the intricacies of a provider, they can consult with the team and benefit from this collective experience and knowledge.

However, sometimes a moderator may not realize they're lacking the necessary knowledge to make a decision and therefore may not consult with the rest of the team. When this happens, we're happy to have additional team members with more experience investigate and resolve those issues. If you ever feel that a moderator has made a mistake, then we invite you to report it to management for review and prompt resolution.

Thanks.

in my case to deal with pandabasic.com with buyer, it absolutely required more time to process.

A given warning, b/c of unfinished business within one week, doesn’t make any sense.

•••
in my case to deal with pandabasic.com with buyer, it absolutely required more time to process.
As the seller of the auction, you're able to set the time frame that you need. If you don't specify a time frame, which you didn't in this case, then the defaults are used. Please keep this in mind in the future so that you can give yourself plenty of time to complete the transaction.

For completeness:

As a buyer, you should never enter into an agreement if you need more time than has been allotted. Instead, you should request that the seller set a time frame that you're capable of honoring and not enter into a deal unless the seller does.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

•••
To clarify:

If either party is unable to complete a deal within the time frame outlined, then they should not enter into such an agreement. By doing so and failing to meet the timeline, regardless of the reason, is a violation and will be dealt with as such.

Thanks.

If you read my chatting record with @Corey , you would see that from the beginning, I never said I would cancel the deal. I was the one to have strong willingness to finish the deal.

If buyer @Corey decided to ask me to give her refund and no longer want to spend time and further effort with me in dealing with the transfer, then she should be the reason. For the failed/ unfinished business

I should not be the one to given warning.

As @boker said in above post, sometime it would need multiple weeks to finish a transfer

•••
If you read my chatting record with @Corey , you would see that from the beginning, I never said I would cancel the deal. I was the one to have strong willingness to finish the deal.

If buyer @Corey decided to ask me to give her refund and no longer want to spend time and further effort with me in dealing with the transfer, then she should be the reason. For the failed/ unfinished business

I should not be the one to given warning.
By the time Corey suggested that, you had already failed to meet your obligations of the deal: the allotted time frame had already passed. That is why you were given the infraction.

As @boker said in above post, sometime it would need multiple weeks to finish a transfer
Responded: https://www.namepros.com/posts/6690857/

•••
By the time Corey suggested that, you had already failed to meet your obligations of the deal: the allotted time frame had already passed. That is why you were given the infraction.

Hi are you using your brain? The transfer need about more than just that few days, how can I finish everything within that little time??????????

I keep communicating with buyer, what makes me wrong?

You are @Support Team , speak in reason!

Don’t behave like a robot

•••
•••

Every deal is different, every case is different, you must see the difference btw different businesses.

Do you expect the stupid rules and guide lines can solve all the issues? In more situation you need communication, human communications!!

Without human understanding and communication, those stupid rules just become more stupid

•••
Tell me where confusing bro, i’d Like to offer more for you
@omelet Thanks for the offer but I am totally neutral about this deal! For me to be involved, I have to know both sides of the story and I am not qualified to mediate nor do I want too!

I honestly wish that this issue was resolved before this thread happened!

•••
@Support Team @Amanda

I don’t mind to receive 1 warning or 100 warnings, I don’t care.

I sell names and I buy names, I deal with people I love. I help people I love to help. My life is the same.

But the way you deal with and manage my case is extremely disappointed.

•••
The transfer need about more than just that few days, how can I finish everything within that little time?
As previously explained, when you did not specify a time frame, the defaults were instated:
  • Rule 6.1.17. Default timeline for sales: transactions must be initiated within 7 days of an offer being accepted. The domain transfer must be completed within a grand total of 14 days from the time the offer was accepted. Alternate timelines are only accepted if both the buyer and seller agree to it before the deal is accepted.

Corey placed the winning bid in your auction on Apr 4, 2018 at 5:31 AM. That bid became binding and was accepted 96 hours later, according to your auction's parameters, on Apr 8, 2018 at 5:31 AM.

By April 22nd, 2018 at 1:20 PM (over 14 days later), you still had not successfully transferred the domain name. You failed to honor the terms of the agreement. On April 22nd, 2018 at 7:47 PM, Corey requested a refund on an already failed deal.

Do you expect the stupid rules and guide lines can solve all the issues?
You made a binding agreement, and our job is to enforce it. That's what we did. To do anything less would be a disservice to the integrity of the marketplace and our members.

We hope you understand.

•••
As previously explained, when you did not specify a time frame, the defaults were instated:
  • Rule 6.1.17. Default timeline for sales: transactions must be initiated within 7 days of an offer being accepted. The domain transfer must be completed within a grand total of 14 days from the time the offer was accepted. Alternate timelines are only accepted if both the buyer and seller agree to it before the deal is accepted.

Corey placed the winning bid in your auction on Apr 4, 2018 at 5:31 AM. That bid became binding and was accepted 96 hours later, according to your auction's parameters, on Apr 8, 2018 at 5:31 AM.

By April 22nd, 2018 at 1:20 PM (over 14 days later), you still had not successfully transferred the domain name. You failed to honor the terms of the agreement. On April 22nd, 2018 at 7:47 PM, Corey requested a refund on an already failed deal.

You made a binding agreement, and our job is to enforce it. That's what we did. To do anything less would be a disservice to the integrity of the marketplace and our members.

We hope you understand.

Requesting for auth code from network solution took me almost one week to receive.

Send auth code to @Corey and wait for email notification wasted 1 week. In the same time I stated we would need longer time. The communication was very clear.

Yes it took longer time, but every business is the different and I didn’t expect this one took Thisbe long time! Therefore I could not be able to address this timeline issue in my very beginning post and state it in clearly detailed

I failed to honor what fucking agreement? I keep
Communicating to dedicate to finish the deal, I never escape from my responsibility. It is @Corey , keep assulting me, and behaved like a mad

@Support Team , I am not on same page as you. Not now, and not in future.

You are the type of people that I dislike in this world, no warm and no human love.

•••

We hope you understand.

No justice, no fairness, no human understanding. Sufficient communication not encouraged. Stupid rules highly promoted.

•••
If Corey requested refund then I think in this scenerio you are a victim of badluck and her (Corey) unreasonable impatientness. Probably she thought you intentionally delayed and complained.

Last edited:
•••
@omelet. Just put in a service request to uniregistry to assist the transfer and send the name again regardless of your refund. Send it for free at this point, this is ridiculous to ruin your standing on the forum. Your reputation should be more valuable than the peanuts price you refunded, the buyer should accept the name. I don’t know why anyone would have a 3 page thread of excuses instead of continuing the transaction at a $3 loss. Value your time properly. The mods are volunteers and do their their best to resolve things well, they have replied numerous times over a $3 transaction! And so have you. Figure out how to push the name or get it transferred as that will restore good faith imo, taking the hit is now and then is required in all business. Most of us in businesses for years suffer losses all the time, for integrity and reputation preservation. Take the high road, forget the blaming.

To put in simple terms, think of all the restaurants you returned the food and for whatever reason they made you another plate or comped you the meal.

You will make your money back on another transaction with somebody else.

•••
@omelet. Just put in a service request to uniregistry to assist the transfer and send the name again regardless of your refund. Send it for free at this point, this is ridiculous to ruin your standing on the forum. Your reputation should be more valuable than the peanuts price you refunded, the buyer should accept the name. I don’t know why anyone would have a 3 page thread of excuses instead of continuing the transaction at a $3 loss. Value your time properly. The mods are volunteers and do their their best to resolve things well, they have replied numerous times over a $3 transaction! And so have you. Figure out how to push the name or get it transferred as that will restore good faith imo, taking the hit is now and then is required in all business. Most of us in businesses for years suffer losses all the time, for integrity and reputation preservation. Take the high road, forget the blaming.

To put in simple terms, think of all the restaurants you returned the food and for whatever reason they made you another plate or comped you the meal.

You will make your money back on another transaction with somebody else.

Hey bro

$3 is not the issue. I don’t fucking care about the 3 dollar. I even lose 3000$ that I don’t mind.

I am insisting post my voice is b/c Justice and fairness not promoted

One last thing: I would not do any business with this ugly mad woman @Corey

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back