Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

omelet

Top Member
Impact
Hi friend,

I recently listed a name in auction. One buyer won and he requested to transfer away the name.

But eventually due to transfer code problem, the name never really transferred successfully. I offer buyer two options, 1), I keep working with registrar to figure out the transfer issue; 2), refund

Buyer chose 2) refund.

Originally buyer sent me $3 as the deal price, and I received $3. However, buyer said he actually send $6 because the extra $3 is paypal service fee.

My question is: if I do the refund, do I refund $3, or $6? Do I have to refund both the $3 and the paypal service fee?

thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@DnEbook not joining some no name registrar for $3 name.
It said auth code in auction, meaning transfer out. Maybe Corey would not have bid if it said push only
Provide auth code, not reasons you can’t
Oh well nothing was achieved, at least my option offered a result, leave you with it

•••
now everthing pretty much clear

1), after omelet provide auth code, corey didn't operate correctly (as uniregistry indicated, corey tried twice the auth code, but uniregistry system didn't recognize it), therefore omelet did't receive any FOA emails

2), corey then non stopped complaining (judge omelet not approve the transfer purposely) and giving pressures to omelet with super unfriendly/ insane attitude

3) corey brought amanda in and suggested amanda to give omelet warning ; then omelet received warning

4) corey requested for $6 refund, rather than $3

5) omelet sent paypal refund (clicked refund button), but corey keep attacking and bothering omelet unfriendly.

6) omelet feel assulted and discriminated by corey and forum moderator.

7) omelet felt to be treated unfair, got angry, reacted in bad manner. then got banned.

screensot available upon request

It is not about Li Rundong , it is all about COREY having to lose out totally on the deal, NO NAME, NO REFUND of any amount. Plenty of attitude from the buyer & public abuse by him here.
Furquah,creataweb and others that continually try to defend ScrambledEggs who has continually played the Victim CARD, you all need to ask yourselves would you be happy with the same deal. No name, No Refund, Plenty of Attitude. He even tried to tell Management what they should do. No respect for the rules, Forum staff decisions, procedures, other members, and yet you still defend him. WHY?

•••
I think did a cut a past of an authcode that had a space in front of it when I tried to paste it, didn't work. These things can happen sometimes

•••
@Support Team

I just received again the auth code from NetWorkSolutions. You can check your email now to compare the code with the original code I sent to Corey, you, and Amanda.

thank you

•••
@Support Team

I just received again the auth code from NetWorkSolutions. You can check your email now to compare the code with the original code I sent to Corey, you, and Amanda.

thank you
Thank you. After review, we've removed the Bad Business infraction from your account.

We are still waiting to hear back from Corey.

•••
Thank you. After review, we've removed the Bad Business infraction from your account.

We are still waiting to hear back from Corey.
But when can I get removed from restrict list?

I wanted to place some bids but due to my status I could not do anything

I think I lost galoxy.com as a result

•••
I wanted to place some bids but due to my status I could not do anything
Please try again. You should be able to access the marketplace and bid on domains.

But when can I get removed from restrict list?
If you can assure us that you will be respectful and not engage in name calling anymore, we will be happy to remove your restriction.

Thanks.

•••
Please try again. You should be able to access the marketplace and bid on domains.

If you can assure us that you will be respectful and not engage in name calling anymore, we will be happy to remove your restriction.

Thanks.

I can promise you that I will keep being an honest, responsible, and reliable man, and keep contributing to the domain market here.

But if you want me to speak nice words to those who are evil and dishonest, I could not do that. I rather leave her. Normally I don't get along with dishonest and aggressive people, and I dont want to involve into any wars. However, if any evil ppl bring me to the war, what I can do is nothing but fight for my name.

Don't expect me to say anything nice to Corey, but I will also not say anything dirty to her. I will simply ignore this woman from my domain business.

thanks!

Plus, your decision that gave me a warning was 100% a wrong decision, because now all the evidences show it was Corey didnt perform right. You decision was based on a wrong assumption. From law perspective, your performance is a disaster.

but as I said, you are also a human, I therefore can understand your decision making.

Be a man, no bias

Last edited:
•••

Thanks.

and this is a diversity world, each one has a personality. I think you and I can never expect ppl to change their personality in order to meet rules or ppl taste.

I think in 95% of forum situations, my performances were satisfied.

I just don;t like "bias" and "evil" people and things.

•••
But if you want me to speak nice words to those who are evil and dishonest, I could not do that.
Please confirm that you've read the expectations for respect and constructiveness. The situations you've described are covered on that page.

your decision that gave me a warning was 100% a wrong decision
Please keep in mind that at the time of the warning, you were the only party that appeared to be at fault, given the information that was available at the time, due to unnecessary delays in the transfer process that you could have avoided. The bulk of the delay that you caused was unrelated to the FOA emails.

In light of the new information, you're correct: you should not have received a warning yet. If we had known that sooner, we would have pushed for both of you to complete the transaction. Unfortunately, time ran out and there weren't any indications that any other mistakes had been made. We sincerely apologize.

The next time a situation like this happens, we will require both parties to complete the transaction or you will both receive bad business infractions. That is the standard procedure in such a situation when both parties are at fault, as previously explained.

However, since the relationship between you and Corey has become contentious, you both don't appear to want to deal with each other anymore, and so much time has passed since the deal was made, we've decided it's best for everyone to move on and learn from this to avoid issues in the future.

•••
i confirmed to read

Thank you for your patience and spending time on this issue

I appreciated for everything

•••
Update:

We have not heard back from @Corey since @omelet informed us that his refund cleared on April 30, 2018. Therefore, we are considering this case closed with the following assumptions from our research:

The reason so many people were puzzled by the fee for this transaction is because the PayPal fee was capped at 100% of the money being sent, which is why both the amount being sent and the fee were $3. The total fee was at least $5.99, but it capped at 100% of the amount being sent ($3). PayPal told us that capping at 100% of the payment amount will not always happen, but that it can happen. In other words, they don't guarantee that it will cap.

Here's more information on the fee itself:

This incident brought to light a situation that has not been part of a marketplace dispute in the past: nonrefundable PayPal fees.

PayPal has informed us that this nonrefundable fee could have been avoided by not using the "Friends and Family" payment option, which they say should never be used for a transaction like this. However, we do not enforce other website's terms, so that is between the buyer, seller, and PayPal.

With this new information in mind, we have updated the following rule (additions in bold):

Rule 6.1.7. Sellers are responsible for paying all transaction fees except those the buyer could have avoided or the buyer chooses to pay. Sellers should take fees into consideration when choosing sale prices or starting bids. Multiple sale prices and multiple starting bids may be set based on specific criteria. Learn why. No hidden fees may be assessed on a deal or sales listing by either party.​

In other words, if a buyer has opted to pay a fee that could have been avoided or the buyer agrees to pay the fee to begin with, both of which happened in this case, then the seller will not be responsible for that fee under any circumstances.

In this case, the fee could have been avoided by not using the Friends and Family payment option, which would have resulted in a smaller and refundable fee imposed on the seller and the seller would have been responsible for that small fee according to rule 6.1.7 (the fee also would have been refundable by PayPal in the event of a full refund). However, it's worth noting that Corey was trying to help the seller by paying with Friends and Family and absorbing the fee, but it resulted in an unfortunate cost to her.

While some of this information may not be entirely accurate, since we've had to make assumptions based on speaking with PayPal and our own research without additional input from Corey, we do believe that it is mostly or entirely accurate.

As always, we're open to feedback if you believe we should update any of the rules or handle things a different way.

Thanks for your patience while we got everything sorted.

Edit on May 16, 2018: No responses, so thread closed. For anything else, please contact customer support.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back