Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

omelet

Top Member
Impact
Hi friend,

I recently listed a name in auction. One buyer won and he requested to transfer away the name.

But eventually due to transfer code problem, the name never really transferred successfully. I offer buyer two options, 1), I keep working with registrar to figure out the transfer issue; 2), refund

Buyer chose 2) refund.

Originally buyer sent me $3 as the deal price, and I received $3. However, buyer said he actually send $6 because the extra $3 is paypal service fee.

My question is: if I do the refund, do I refund $3, or $6? Do I have to refund both the $3 and the paypal service fee?

thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
You should just have to use the Refund option and it should refund it properly.
I would never send more back than I received.

•••
I'm not sure why you have to pay the $6 fees or get in trouble with NP - what the heck were the fees for if PayPal doesn't refund them?

•••
I'm also confused on the possibility of conversions and fees.

So for example recently I bought a domain from someone in India. It forced me to pay via CC on PayPal and not my funds. I paid no fee for that from what I recall.

I paid for services online to someone in Asia. It converted the money into their local currency. I believe I paid a small fee (less than $1 for a larger amount of money.)

Whenever I sent money from PayPal funds I paid no fee and the seller received the full amount with no fee.

•••
This guy sent me email ask me stop call Corey he.

Sorry there is no information for me to identify her gender.

It’s like you never know omelet is male or female, with only reading forum name and display thumail

But key point is not about gender, it’s about rightfulness, fairness, and doing right business

AB31F069-A7FC-4513-835B-A30B712BDE9D.png

Last edited:
•••
before I disclose this issue to public, I have been trying my best to communicate nice and patient with buyer and present my evidence to @Amanda

Unfortunately, both of them didn’t read my post and keep assulting me by asking money and warning me that’s I am probably going to be banned or punished due to the fail business

I don’t feel any nice and friendly circumstance when we encounter problems. I feel extremely hard to communicate both Corey and Amanda

•••
Moderate gave member a warning without understanding the whole process of business. The failed business is because of the failed receive of emails. I asked buyer Corey either to give me more time to figure out and communicate with registrar, or I can refund.

I respect buyer decision, we finally approach an agreement.

I don’t think I deserve a warning. I think there are two situation I should receive warning:

1), I promise to deliver but not actually deliver and no sufficient evidence and commmunixatons

2), no refund

However, I m sad with moderate decision

Attachments

• A33B7638-098C-4CFA-AEF4-FBF4ECCB1BED.png
    A33B7638-098C-4CFA-AEF4-FBF4ECCB1BED.png
    666.1 KB · Views: 66
•••
I SENT that message as PRIVATE message so as not to embarrass you by posting in this thread.

WHAT made you think you should post it here and in such a large size.

This whole issue could have been avoided if you had done the following:-
1/ Bothered to learn how to do transfer procedures before trying to sell domains
2/ Learned some basic business ethics and practices;
3/ Stopped playing the VICTIM card.
4/ Enhanced your communication skills.

All the others posting here regarding the REFUND, it is not and never was the main issue.
The main issue was that omelet never did what was needed to transfer the name after it was originally paid for.
Therefore a refund was requested and this refund was not actioned as a Refund (including fees) of the original transaction, but as a new PP payment which invoked further fees.

•••
Amanda issued a warning to me and she judged me behave professionally

I feel confused about this
Moderate gave member a warning without understanding the whole process of business. The failed business is because of the failed receive of emails. I asked buyer Corey either to give me more time to figure out and communicate with registrar, or I can refund.

I respect buyer decision, we finally approach an agreement.

I don’t think I deserve a warning. I think there are two situation I should receive warning:

1), I promise to deliver but not actually deliver and no sufficient evidence and commmunixatons

2), no refund

However, I m sad with moderate decision

The warning you received was for failing to honor your binding agreement which would have been issued regardless of the refund since you failed to deliver the domain the other member had already paid for at that time. Please keep in mind that all bids are binding agreements on NamePros and must be honored. The possible restriction notice was regarding the refund and making sure the other member received their money back since the domain was never received.

I hope this helps.

•••
The warning you received was for failing to honor your binding agreement which would have been issued regardless of the refund since you failed to deliver the domain the other member had already paid for at that time. Please keep in mind that all bids are binding agreements on NamePros and must be honored. The possible restriction notice was regarding the refund and making sure the other member received their money back since the domain was never received.

I hope this helps.

hey, the name buyer didn’t receive is because buyer wanted to refund. She doesn’t want to hold longer and doesn’t want to wait for me to further communication with uniregistry

If buyer decide not to finish deal, what can I do?

the failed business is mutually agreed, not one party break the agreement

The warning doesn’t make any sense

As seller, I didn’t intend to stop the business, and I didn’t say I would not take any responsibility. I did my best and told buyer I would do more

You gave me a warning, it’s not right and reasonable

Please reconsider your decision

@Amanda

Last edited:
•••

Sorry there is no information for me to identify her gender.

It’s like you never know omelet is male or female, with only reading forum name and display thumail

But key point is not about gender, it’s about rightfulness, fairness, and doing right business

Show attachment 86304
i thought Corey is he lol

•••
btw pandabasic.com is a nice name it worth more than $3

•••
Please clarify, was this refunded via PayPal with the Refund option? Or did you send it as a $3 payment instead? If you sent it as a payment why were the fees so high?

And why is BFT involved? This wasn't his deal let's have the 2 involved discuss this.

Seems like a simple push on Uni I can't seem to understand the whole problem here. Someone isn't explaining something right.

•••
And why is BFT involved? This wasn't his deal let's have the 2 involved discuss this.
Why are you involved? Creataweb. I only got involved when he decided to post the PM post.

•••
Why are you involved? Creataweb. I only got involved when he decided to post the PM post.
I’m asking questions because something doesn’t Add up.

Feel free to answer them since you seem to know everything already.

•••
I’m asking questions because something doesn’t Add up.

Feel free to answer them since you seem to know everything already.
Try asking Omelette he is the main source of the Questions.

•••
•••
I am almost certain that if "Corey" wanted to respond to this thread, she would have responded by now!

I respect her decision not to respond (that is why I didn't tag her)!

•••
Well she is obviously reading the thread judging by the LIKES given here.

If someone posted that about me I'd certainly be defending myself, not ignoring the thread.

Not to mention how embarrassing the DMs look as if someone is throwing a temper tantrum to a mod over a few dollars yet no one will say exactly how this went down. I guess if no one wants to answer what really happened that's the end of that.

:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Well she is obviously reading the thread judging by the LIKES given here.

If someone posted that about me I'd certainly be defending myself, not ignoring the thread.

Not to mention how embarrassing the DMs look as if someone is throwing a temper tantrum to a mod over a few dollars yet no one will say exactly how this went down. I guess if no one wants to answer what really happened that's the end of that.

:xf.rolleyes:
Well, regarding "defending myself" that how you would handle it, not everyone responds in the same way!

I believe that what happened or didn't happen is between the two parties and yes, thread is confusing...

•••
Please clarify, was this refunded via PayPal with the Refund option? Or did you send it as a $3 payment instead? If you sent it as a payment why were the fees so high?

Seems like a simple push on Uni I can't seem to understand the whole problem here. Someone isn't explaining something right.

hey I refunded through paypal refund option

Paypal said it need several days to process. But Corey keep sending me and Amanda message and asking for 6$ refund (not through paypal refund option button). Even I hv explained time and time, she never listen .

The name is registered with network solution, she want to transfer away to uniregistry. I provided her the auth code and when she start transferring, I should have received uniregistry email to ask me approve the transfer, however, I could not receive any emails. We tried several times and this took several days

She complained that it was my personal behavior to purposely not approve the transfer, but reality is I just didn’t receive any emails. Wired

And when I asked her to give several more days to communicate with uniregistry and figure it out. She rejected and asked me to immediately refund. After I refund , she said I should refund $6 not $3

•••
Guys, I can answer all the questions honestly. I just flight back to Toronto.

It was painful to experience this in trip. $3 is really nothing, but I want to fight for the justice and my right

•••
Well, regarding "defending myself" that how you would handle it, not everyone responds in the same way!

I believe that what happened or didn't happen is between the two parties and yes, thread is confusing...

Tell me where confusing bro, i’d Like to offer more for you

•••
hey, the name buyer didn’t receive is because buyer wanted to refund. She doesn’t want to hold longer and doesn’t want to wait for me to further communication with uniregistry

If buyer decide not to finish deal, what can I do?

the failed business is mutually agreed, not one party break the agreement

The warning doesn’t make any sense

As seller, I didn’t intend to stop the business, and I didn’t say I would not take any responsibility. I did my best and told buyer I would do more

You gave me a warning, it’s not right and reasonable

Please reconsider your decision

@Amanda

The buyer asked you to respond to numerous emails sent over a five day period to approve of the transfer and you stated you were not receiving the emails each time. The transaction should have been finalized on April 15th and my infraction wasn't issued until the 26th.
Keep in mind that all bids are binding agreements and cannot be mutually terminated.
The member did request a refund at the same time I was asking for you to refund the money since the transaction had failed to be finalized after almost two weeks and 7 attempts to send you an email. Please make sure to have your correct email information updated in the future to avoid these issues.

Thank you for understanding.

•••
The buyer asked you to respond to numerous emails sent over a five day period to approve of the transfer and you stated you were not receiving the emails each time. The transaction should have been finalized on April 15th and my infraction wasn't issued until the 26th.
Keep in mind that all bids are binding agreements and cannot be mutually terminated.
The member did request a refund at the same time I was asking for you to refund the money since the transaction had failed to be finalized after almost two weeks and 7 attempts to send you an email. Please make sure to have your correct email information updated in the future to avoid these issues.

Thank you for understanding.

Everything happen in my trip to Europe, I used my data to chat with her on travel bus. I told her I could not receive the email and please just try again and again

transferring a name, depends on registrar and time, normally took days or longer time. I asked her to be patient

Is corey a kid?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back