IT.COM

I need reliable, simple hosting for a number of independant sites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Right,

I have very little knowledge about hosting, other than what I have experienced before.

1. Hostgator- they were relatively easy to use, but support was awful.

2. 1&1 - I struggle with their interface and again support is not really that good.

3. Hostforweb - actually the easiest for me to get to grips with, but they are untrustworthy and repeatedly put malicious software onto my site or allow my site to be compromised.

What I am looking for:-

Simple to use hosting for multiple sites, which is reliable, has cpanel and fantastico. It must be easy to administrate the sites independantly from one another.
I should be able to host at least 50 different sites, of varying sizes and complexities, but several mysql databases etc will be required.

Sites will include, but not limited to:-

blogs such as pokervids.com (mainly wordpress)
simple sites such as 3characterdomain.com, freelayoutpimp.com, portmoresby.org, montecarlocity.com

It is imperative that the sites are managed seperately from one another.

Also, I am interested in creating a reseller account, as I have recently launched a new domain related site and would like to be able to offer hosting to people also.

My budget is not the main concern. The amount I pay now stretched across all the various hosts I have means this will definitely be cheaper, even if I get some sort of dedicated host.

Ideally, I am looking for somebody with an expert knowledge of hosting to show me a solution that will allow me to continue to administer my own sites, add more sites and resell hosting. I would also like to find someone who can assist me with the moving of all my sites to a new host.

Any help at all is really appreciated, but please, I am really only looking for opinions from people with a very deep understanding of my options, not people looking to increase their post count.

thanks!

:tu:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am really looking for advice on what I need and a recommendation of a well established hosting company to go with. I am not as interested in people promoting their own hosting services, and would not be able to consider any company less than 2 years old.
Thanks all for your offers.

Still looking!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Gingeman, this forum is explicitly for offers. If you're interested in recommendations, may I suggest that you post in the Web Hosting Discussion section? If you would like for me to move this thread, do let me know.

•••
I put on the Table http://FusedHosting.net . Joe and James and Jack will take care of you and they all are active members here at namepros.

•••
If you are interested in large shared hosting, I'd like to recommend you to check webhostgiant.com as it offers really huge disk space and bandwidth at a really low price both on Linux and Windows platforms.

•••
Hello gingeman!
Could you please rephrase your request? Do you have imagination about the requirements which web hosting account should have?

•••
Established hosting is the thing that every web master want to have. I can name some companies that will be good for you - globaltap.com, asmallorange.com and gazzin.com.
They all provide their services on decent level and their prices will not bankrupt you.

•••
I must reiterate- price is really not the main concern, I need quality, reliable hosting, probably a reseller account, from a well established company. Thanks everyone

•••
For a well established and reliable host who doesn't oversell I would recommend Polurnet.com They will setup a reseller account to suit your needs. Cpanel, fantastico...

I have no affiliation other than I've been using them for several years.

•••
you might want to try fusedhosting.net it's owned and managed by the twins here Joe and Jack

•••
gingeman said:
I must reiterate- price is really not the main concern, I need quality, reliable hosting, probably a reseller account, from a well established company. Thanks everyone
And you say you are new to the web hosting???? :D
You are absolutely right. Reseller that is way to go and that is the most comfortable web hosting solution for you right now

gingeman said:
And you say you are new to the web hosting???? :D
You are absolutely right. Reseller that is way to go and that is the most comfortable web hosting solution for you right now

•••
I think there are suitable plabns for you from a2hosting.com - the cheap and reliable company with wide selection of plans and services. Take a look I guess they could becoma a solution.

Also santrex.net can provide you with quality hosting - take a look? I believe they have something for you.

Last edited:
•••
Two suggestions

Gingeman,

I've used both PolurNet and Fusedhosting for several months (Polurnet for over one year). I even have one of the smaller Polurnet reseller accounts and I've never had any problems with my sites.

•••
I would agree with other guys. For easy management the best solution is reseller account

•••
Judging from the mentioned above recommendations, I strongly believe that webhostgiant.com would the most suitable host for you. You will save great amount of money if you use its services.

•••
Look at http://www.liquidweb.com . Their support is actually incredible - the longest it has been is 10 minutes and they have always exceded what it is I wanted done.

•••
Judging from the mentioned above recommendations, I strongly believe that webhostgiant.com would the most suitable host for you. You will save great amount of money if you use its services.
Some customers prefer to pay more and be sure that everything ok with their web sites

•••
Take a look at Ahosting.biz - this is the well established company with stable and affordable deals. Full fledged hosting from the reputable company. I guess you would become interested...

•••
If you want to run them independently I suggest getting a reseller account. Then you can make sub accounts for your other sites. If you need a reliable reseller with no bs I suggest Iwebfusion.net they have served me well. There customer support is always there hes always a im a way if you need help.

•••
web hosting

I have tried a lot of webhosting providers and to be honest i think bluehost is the best!

http://www.bluehost.com/

<<<No Affiliate links allowed>>>

UNLIMITED Hosting Space
UNLIMITED File Transfer
Host UNLIMITED Domains!!!
2,500 POP/Imap Email Accounts
SSH (Secure Shell), SSL, FTP, Stats
CGI, Ruby (RoR), Perl, PHP, MySQL
2000/2002 Front Page Extensions
Free Domain Forever!
Free Site Builder
24/7 Superb/Responsive Sales/Support
And More!!!

http://www.bluehost.com/track/ankittt/text1

try this its the best!

•••
gingeman said:
Right,
Any help at all is really appreciated, but please, I am really only looking for opinions from people with a very deep understanding of my options, not people looking to increase their post count.

I also wanted to do this and for that reason bought a reseller plan from http://resellerzoom.com

With this plan I'm able to create multiple websites each with their own domain/cpanel and thus their own interface/ftp etc. The sites I plan to run are mini sites as you have said and I can control all of them by simply logging into cpanel with my reseller account/password.

I think your best bet is to get a reseller plan from a Linux hoster that offers WHM/Cpanel as they are vital tools to easily manage all your sites.

I recommend http://resellerzoom.com because my experience with them is very good when it comes to support (probably the most important thing in a webhost). I was with them about 4 years ago when I stopped domaining, came back a month ago and they're as good as ever.

Their prices are also very affordable. They range from $7 per month of their minimum reseller (20 cpanel accounts) to dedicated server plans. Since you only plan on developing about 50 sites, I would go with the next plan after the $7 one which is $10 a month that allows 120 websites/cpanel accounts.

Here is a quick link: http://resellerzoom.com/cheap-reseller-hosting.shtml

Last edited:
•••
Well, what to say..., I recommend webhostgiant.com - reliable, cheap and having really large plans to offer you. Longstanding business player and trustworthy host.

Possible to resell from any multidomain account from them.

•••
Well, I jump at the opportunity and recommend you to check out webintellects.com. This decent company is flexible enough to meet all your needs at affordable price. It was launched in 1999, so I am sure that you can rely on it.

•••
I ams looking at fusedhosting.net . If you click through there site there are a lot of pages empty like the blog for instance, this looks a little unprofessional.
Does anyone know if they a] host adult sites and b] offer transfer of sites and if so , si there a charge?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back